Need honest answers from people who've played PS4 exclusives

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GONtheSKYLORD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GONtheSKYLORD
Member since 2008 • 3042 Posts

Is PS4 worth buying for the exclusives only (meaning the ones available now), or should I wait a little longer for hopefully better exclusives and a better price drop?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Besides Bloodborne,not really

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Considering that every multiplatform game plays better on the PS4 than it does elsewhere that's a big nod in it's favor.

Bloodborne and MLB The Show are games you wont find anywhere else.

I'd say if you're looking for a current gen system it's the only one worth it at this point, if you're still on the fence then wait.

360mli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 360mli
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts

kotor

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

As of now? No. Not even close.

Bloodborne seems to be a really good game, I would not know, I don't have it, but it seems quite good.

Of the other exclusives? I would state that I:SS is the worst Infamous game, KZ:SF is alright, not anything breathtaking, and The Order is, well you know.

So I would wait, Ther eis indeed more then a few really good looking games on the Horizon, so at the end of the year, then it might well be worth it, so I would wait.

GONtheSKYLORD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GONtheSKYLORD
Member since 2008 • 3042 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Considering that every multiplatform game plays better on the PS4 than it does elsewhere that's a big nod in it's favor.

Bloodborne and MLB The Show are games you wont find anywhere else.

I'd say if you're looking for a current gen system it's the only one worth it at this point, if you're still on the fence then wait.

Yeah I've read that it runs multiplats well but I use PC for that. I'm definitely getting one for the exclusives, it's just a question of when. I don't want to buy it now for just 1 game ya know. Thanks everyone for your opinions.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Really, truly, specifically/only for exclusives: no. Not yet. I love mine, but I play great multiplats on it too. I also game on PC, so I definitely see the argument for using exclusives as the only currency for valuing a PS4 for you - that being said, depending on how beefy your PC is you might not be gaining much given how poorly optimized games have been for PC of late.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

The only exclusive game I have for it is Second Son and this upcoming year, my major purchases will be Witcher and Arkham Knight, both multiplat games. Right now as far as exclusives goes, its really lagging in that department.

wazzawazza18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9 wazzawazza18
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

well if you didnt have a ps3 with The Last of Us, than the remasterd edition is reason enough on its own to get a ps4.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm happy with the PS4 but if I was in your situation, I would wait, just as others have said.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I think it is. There are haters everywhere on the Internet and getting an honest answer from many on these forums will be like pulling teeth.

My advice is play the games yourself and make your own opinion. Any of the systems are worth owning right now. Do some research on what's available outside of gaming forums and make an informed decision.

TheKingBradley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheKingBradley
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@GONtheSKYLORD: I love my PS4 and all. But if I was you I'd wait a bit more. There are some cool exclusives but not enough to justify buying a PS4 for exclusives only. My tip: Buy it for or after Christmas 2015