My psp screen wont stop shaking!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JeJeJeJerry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JeJeJeJerry
Member since 2009 • 33 Posts

Around 1 week ago, I entered the PSN store to look for some demos and stuff untill it said Error Code (80..something something..) Then it started to go back to the XMB but when it was changing back to the XMB the screen started to shake up and down (like a bad reception video screen like in the movies where they start to lose signal while watching the person on the mini-screen flicker away) Anyways, it just started to flicker up and down, also I noticed that EVERYTHING loaded really slow. Like scrolling accross the xmb would take like 10 seconds and when I click on "Settings" it would take around 30 seconds to load all the options. I restarted my PSP and same thing happened. BUT when I entered a game, everything runs smoothly and as if nothing is wrong (takes about 5 min to get into a game) So I was wondering if anyone has this problem or similar. And if they have a solution to it. Thx for your help guys. Its a PSP slim. Firmware 5.00

kimbokasteniv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 kimbokasteniv
Member since 2004 • 3892 Posts
Hmmm never heard this one before. I would say that you should try restoring the psp back to its default settings (the option is in the settings menu). It sounds as if it is a software issue... so if that doesn't solve it, then updating (when possible) might.
Avatar image for I_Am_Sin_Seared
I_Am_Sin_Seared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 I_Am_Sin_Seared
Member since 2008 • 136 Posts

You weren't browsing the net looking at Michael J. Fox pictures now were you?

DaMonkeyAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#4 DaMonkeyAttack
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

It might be your psp Screen. if it doesnt stop doing that.

go to your XMB and press select then you will see something with XMB clock speed. most likely your speed will be in the low values. just change the value to 222 mhz or higher and your problem will be fixed

if this dont work then

http://www.us.playstation.com/corporate/ConsumerServices

Repair Shop : http://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do

JeJeJeJerry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JeJeJeJerry
Member since 2009 • 33 Posts

Ooh I figured out whats wrong now ^^. Somehow entering the PSN store turned down my CPU speed so thats why everyone was slow. Thx for the help guys

XxSamxX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XxSamxX2
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
DaMonkeyAttack, Thanks so much for fixing this problem! i had exactly this problem in my psp and i was very worried. We thought my sister messed it up but then the whole problem was tht she changed the settings and then u told us how to fix it and it worked!! Thanks so much i made a whole new account just to thank u :)
roscomydog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 roscomydog
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

the only way to fix this is have *cough* CFW *cough* and press SELECT and enter VSH and set XMB CLOCK SPEED to DEFAULT this is the only way to fix it (with out sony eating $$$$$$$$$$) the only way I know how to get this glitch is having CFW and messing with VSH and RECOVERY menu clock speeds LOL *cough* CFW *cough* is awesome.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

Less Red Bull & Cheetos.

aznstyle11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 aznstyle11
Member since 2008 • 1125 Posts

the only way to fix this is have *cough* CFW *cough* and press SELECT and enter VSH and set XMB CLOCK SPEED to DEFAULT this is the only way to fix it (with out sony eating $$$$$$$$$$) the only way I know how to get this glitch is having CFW and messing with VSH and RECOVERY menu clock speeds LOL *cough* CFW *cough* is awesome.

roscomydog
What is the point of putting *cough* trying hide the fact you said CFW?
maycel32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 maycel32
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Coughing or not. It worked and saved me a giant headache. I also made a new account just to say Thank you