My PS3 isn't turning on!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kazenoshinobi2 (64 posts) -

Few minutes ago I was playing and the game freezes and I couldn't turn it off so I decided to switch it off, but when I wanted to restart it... The light is red but won't let me turn in from the console and the controller isn't picking any signal.

What should I do?

#2 Posted by Rawrmachine (269 posts) -
Send it in for repairs. Switching it off from the back may corrupt the hdd.
#3 Posted by Smallville123 (922 posts) -

Few minutes ago I was playing and the game freezes and I couldn't turn it off so I decided to switch it off, but when I wanted to restart it... The light is red but won't let me turn in from the console and the controller isn't picking any signal.

What should I do?

kazenoshinobi2

Switch it off from the back, unplug it for a few mins. Plug it back in and turn the switch on. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds till you hear a second beep (this resets the console) once its back on if your controller still isnt synced up plug it into the usb port....Hope it helps.

#4 Posted by Smallville123 (922 posts) -

Send it in for repairs. Switching it off from the back may corrupt the hdd.Rawrmachine

The console isnt on how could turning the switch off corrupt the hdd?

#5 Posted by SonyMarksman70 (1628 posts) -
next time hold down the power button.
#6 Posted by kazenoshinobi2 (64 posts) -

next time hold down the power button.SonyMarksman70

It didn't work

#7 Posted by kazenoshinobi2 (64 posts) -
[QUOTE="kazenoshinobi2"]

What should I do?

Smallville123

Switch it off from the back, unplug it for a few mins. Plug it back in and turn the switch on. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds till you hear a second beep (this resets the console) once its back on if your controller still isnt synced up plug it into the usb port....Hope it helps.

So I do...

#8 Posted by Smallville123 (922 posts) -
[QUOTE="Smallville123"][QUOTE="kazenoshinobi2"]

What should I do?

kazenoshinobi2

So I do...

You do what?

#9 Posted by anomoly (94 posts) -
howd it go?
#10 Posted by Rawrmachine (269 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rawrmachine"]Send it in for repairs. Switching it off from the back may corrupt the hdd.Smallville123

Read his post again, his console froze and he couldn't turn it off from the front, so he flipped the switch on the back. It may corrupt the hdd afaik.

#11 Posted by kazenoshinobi2 (64 posts) -

howd it go? anomoly

I'll wait 15 minutes.

If everyone know something please let me know.

#12 Posted by Smallville123 (922 posts) -
[QUOTE="Smallville123"]

[QUOTE="Rawrmachine"]Send it in for repairs. Switching it off from the back may corrupt the hdd.Rawrmachine

Read his post again, his console froze and he couldn't turn it off from the front, so he flipped the switch on the back. It may corrupt the hdd afaik.

Lol my bad. Hopefully unpluggin it and doing a reset helps him though

#13 Posted by kazenoshinobi2 (64 posts) -
[QUOTE="Smallville123"]

[QUOTE="Rawrmachine"]Send it in for repairs. Switching it off from the back may corrupt the hdd.Rawrmachine

Is it work if I use my 40GB old one again?

#14 Posted by anomoly (94 posts) -

[QUOTE="anomoly"]howd it go? kazenoshinobi2

I'll wait 15 minutes.

If everyone know something please let me know.

i wish you all the best

#15 Posted by gatorforlife07 (1098 posts) -
Send it in for repairs
#16 Posted by Rawrmachine (269 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rawrmachine"][QUOTE="Smallville123"]

[QUOTE="Rawrmachine"]Send it in for repairs. Switching it off from the back may corrupt the hdd.kazenoshinobi2

Is it work if I use my 40GB old one again?

Try it, if the 40GB hdd works plug the other one in a laptop and try to find the problem.

#17 Posted by nyyrobinson (102 posts) -
that sucks. only problem ive had so far is watching a blu ray movie and then it not reading games afterwards... only after turning it off and back on can i play a game.
#18 Posted by kazenoshinobi2 (64 posts) -
It's official is death...
#19 Posted by Smallville123 (922 posts) -

It's official is death...kazenoshinobi2

I dont see how.....if you have a red light you should be able to turn it on

#20 Posted by SonyMarksman70 (1628 posts) -
"Liquid pwned your PS3. Your PS3 was locked via SOP" You probably got this message yes?
#21 Posted by Smallville123 (922 posts) -

"Liquid pwned your PS3. Your PS3 was locked via SOP" You probably got this message yes?SonyMarksman70

"ARGGGGG.....LIQUID!!!!!!!!!!!!" "SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

#22 Posted by SPD_WeBmAsTaH (2667 posts) -
Well, when that happens, I turn it on again from the back. Then I press the so called on button at the front and that works for me, and then I turn on my controller and it is fine again.
#23 Posted by Scianix-Black (19295 posts) -

Take out GW.

That should help.

#24 Posted by hilltops (1833 posts) -

[QUOTE="SonyMarksman70"]next time hold down the power button.kazenoshinobi2

It didn't work

hold it down till it does..
its a soft reset it works.
#25 Posted by onthalookout (1123 posts) -
Mine did this for a day. I flipped the switch in back becasue it froze and it wouldn't turn back on. The red like would flick on and go off real quick when I hit the switch in back and the touch power switch and PS switches on the controller wouldn't turn on the system. So what I did I hit the switch in back same time as I hit the touch pad(front switch) and it came on. I gotta say I was afraid to turn it off again, so I left it on for about 24hrs but eventually I shut it down normally and it hasn't done it since. I dont know what happened just a glitch that worked itself out. Try flipping the switch in back and holding the button at the same time.
#26 Posted by division_9 (649 posts) -
I guess its safe to assume that Solid Snake came in and shot up youre PS3 because he said it was actually GW.
#27 Posted by AlphaCod4 (3 posts) -

okay so i was playing cod4 talking to ppl and all the sudden my ps3 shut down. i went to turn it on and it went to a red screen and i shut it down and tryed again and still a red screen, so i put every thing away and i came back to try again and no screen came up just a plain black screen, and my controler wont connect.

Please help!