Multi-platform gamers interests and preferences with every platform. (W/question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrotherGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BrotherGamer
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts

Hey guys, anyone else gotten a ps3 through an online promotion? (Subscribe/buy things from a list and you win a free product?) Anyways I will have all three Next Gen systems so I can finally make a total comparison of them all. Here is my current stance. I am not a fanboy at all. I have loved Nintendo, I have loved Playstation's, and lately the Xboxes. I have no brand loyalty to any system, except maybe a little more to Nintendo. On the

Nintendo Wii- very cute gaming system, the controller is pretty fun and the virtual console is great. However I feel the title support is very non-traditional and at times LAME, first party games will still probably be some of the best games released during the current hardware cycle (SMGalaxy, Twilight Princess{AMAZING game}, Metroid Prime 3 etc)

Xbox 360- Amazing progress by Microsoft on this one, I haven't been this impressed by a game system since...Super Nintendo! There are many very high quality games, and some of the PC conversions of exclusives see the 360 probably getting some of the freshest and most unique title any of the platforms will receives (RTS games, BIOSHOCK, Mistwalker games etc). The interesting part will be how the multiplatform mega blockbusters such as Resident Evil 5 and GTA 4 will compare console by console. This system has the most fully featured online system, and is in some ways heading the market in North America.

Playstation 3- A controversial system with a god-like processor. This thing is more powerful than any commercial grade consumer personal computer currently available! I have personally loved both of the previous Playstations and the PSP, however the new system is a bit expensive and the game library is relatively unimpressive, in terms of released games as of yet. I think the future for some of the console exclusives on this system are amazing, and I won't be surprised if games like Resident Evil 5 look better on the PS3 once developers familiarize themselves with the advanced equipment inside the PS3. Games like Silent Hill 5, FFXIII and versus, FFVII remake (they will make this game, it would be an insanely profitable commercial success) a new Twisted Metal (ONLINE!!!!!) the final Metal Gear Solid pretty much guarantee that the PS3 has some hardcore staying power and wille ventuall yhave some of the best exclusives of any system. What do you guys think? I am not looking for quarrelsome fanboy "statements of ferverish opinion". So please, multiplatform owners present and future, what do you guys think of the three systems, comparatively? both positively and negatively.

BadSmerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BadSmerf
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
How do you know that you'll get one for sure? Don't you read the fine print on those things? They say they have the right to reject the offer even if you complete everything as directed. I'd never do one of those, but if it works for you let us know.
BrotherGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BrotherGamer

How do you know that you'll get one for sure? Don't you read the fine print on those things? They say they have the right to reject the offer even if you complete everything as directed. I'd never do one of those, but if it works for you let us know.BadSmerf

Basically everything you ever agree to in life usually has an "escape clause". It's in their best interest to uphold the promotion, otherwise no one would do it and they go out of business. They make statements of that because of discretion, and only one offer is allowed per person. Plus I got stuff I needed out of the promotional offers, so its all good.

BadSmerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 BadSmerf
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
I'm skeptical until you get the system in the mail. I'll believe you that it worked, but until it comes in the mail I'm going to doubt those things. How much did it cost you anyway? And how much work was it?
BrotherGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BrotherGamer

I'm skeptical until you get the system in the mail. I'll believe you that it worked, but until it comes in the mail I'm going to doubt those things. How much did it cost you anyway? And how much work was it?BadSmerf

Well it involved a couple hours worth of filling out things and choosing what to buy. Then I had to complete offers thats total value is probably about $400. (A bunch of stuff and a PS3 for $400! They also gave my name to a bunch of online marketers so they are also earning on the contact info, which isn't that big of a deal)Which isn't bad considering I got stuff that I like like DVDs, COFFEE, a case of wine LOL!! Face cream and tooth whitener, stuff I might buy anyways. The catch is that it takes a while to process some of the orders, so I could wait up until a month and a couple weeks before I get the PS3.

TheYellowYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheYellowYeti
Member since 2006 • 438 Posts