ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

Naughty dog can learn alot from how this series is being revamped. First they have 1080p and 60fps which according to euroganer is rock solid fps unlike TLOU according to eurogamer. Also you have choices to either buy the individual games digitally or package them retail for $50 which is $25 a piece. Then they don't just touch up the game they improve metro 2033 to bring it up to speed character model wise to the last light models and added environments and change or delete scenes that don't merge the games seamlessly. Basically alot of both games were rebuilt to the moderrn shooters control standards and gaming level. I saw Ign video and the developers are a team of only 80. It's like they knew there were parts of both games they wanted to improve in all aspects to meticulously upgrade the graphics and other areas. Let's not forget all the DLC is included from both games plus new game modes.

I think eurogamer does the best job with tech analysis of games from lighting, frame rate, texture and every other area of gaming development.

I read metro last light is superior to the original game 2033. Though with all the retooling from the developers both games may challenge one another and make the $50 value a steal.

As I read the original reviews of both games I am intrigued by t he story and play style. This is not a typical FPS and their is stealth(which has been improved also with redux) and more slow pace action.

I have never played these games so I am very interested. Even if I did play these games before their seems to be alot more reason to replay it unlike TLOU.

TLOU got a touch up paint job on it but also has bugs that needed a patch that they admitted themselves. But metro redux seem to have taken out dents, strip the old paint to the primer and did a total new paint job.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

I would say the story of Metro 2033 is infinitely superior to Last Light, but the gameplay of Last Light is better, so it will be nice to get some touched up mechanics for 2033. Though, I think The Last of Us Remastered is a great package too, so...

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

These games have both been on my radar for a while, I'm glad they are coming to PS4 though, I prefer controller for FPS just because that's what I'm used to. They seem to have done a good job repackaging them as well.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I've been waiting for this simply because I haven't been able to play Metro 2033 without an Xbox or viable PC. It's cool that they're also giving Last Light a touch up, since I haven't bothered playing that without having first played 2033. But it's nice to see they aren't just making the game 1080p/60fps and calling it good. The before/after comparison looks incredible with 2033. Plus they spent time revamping the AI and improving the game mechanics, which is awesome. I generally scoff at these "remastered" and "definitive" edition games, but Metro Redux is definitely an exception.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i haven't played metro 2033, but the game is 4 years old, there is new graphics engine, which the company uses, so it is a sure purchase for me, i had completed last light, so i most probably will not buy it again... :)

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#6 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Ya but the only thing is Last Light's A.I. are literally the absolute worse/dumbest A.I. I have ever played against.

They would have to fix that issue for me to replay Last Light.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ewalthour

@ristactionjakso: well if that is the case then i need to read reviews on last light to see if AI is much improved. So did you play metro 2033 and how was its AI? I assume if the AI was bad in last light, which was suppose to be the best in the series then metro 2033 was worse AI.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ristactionjakso

I haven't played 2033. But in LL, you could shoot out lights to stay in the dark. But they A.I. wouldn't even notice you shooting out a light, even if is literally right above their heads and the glass falls all over them. And you are literally invisible to the human A.I. if the meter on your watch says you are in the dark and hidden. You would have to bump into them for them to notice you.

Other than that complaint, the game is good tho.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ewalthour

@ristactionjakso: I would assume the AI issues will be resolved on current gen with all the processing. Thanks for explaining.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ristactionjakso

@ewalthour: I hope so, I wouldn't mind replaying on ps4 with updated graphics and better gameplay.

mojoreb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mojoreb
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts

Looks cool. Havent played the metro games so i might pick it up

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ewalthour

Redux is getting great reviews so far. Gamesradar 9/10 and cvg a 8/10. I am really tempted to get the game. The AI has improved on both games and 2033 is now on par with last light with being able to hide if spotted without alarming everyone and if quick enough yoy can take out the one who spotted you. The monsters also don't all swarm you if you take one out silently. These are gripes seem to be fixed which guy in this post talks about.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm also getting Metro Redux everything has been improved from the dynamic lighting to better textures on all the charactors and better Stealth take downs so I'm pumped for both of these games.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ewalthour

@sukraj: I am waiting for reviews from gamespot which tend to give realistic scores and Ign for content but score can be inflated. Game isn't coming out until next week or so . We have time to educate ourselves on reviews from different sources which is what I do.

Off topic, Counterspy seemed interesting but 2-3 hr gameplay and 7/10 from 2 sites for $15 ,I will pass. I like some indie games. Now I see why only for a limited time the discount price us valid until release day then problably only reviews could come out today. Well it saves me money and I'm getting blue controller anyway.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sukraj

@ewalthour said:

@sukraj: I am waiting for reviews from gamespot which tend to give realistic scores and Ign for content but score can be inflated. Game isn't coming out until next week or so . We have time to educate ourselves on reviews from different sources which is what I do.

Off topic, Counterspy seemed interesting but 2-3 hr gameplay and 7/10 from 2 sites for $15 ,I will pass. I like some indie games. Now I see why only for a limited time the discount price us valid until release day then problably only reviews could come out today. Well it saves me money and I'm getting blue controller anyway.

So far metro redux have had decent scores from gamesrader, gamespot, ign, cvg

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sukraj

just a little over a week before it is released.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ewalthour

@sukraj: yeah I saw Ign and gamespot with great scors. I just bought the blue controller, sonot 100% sure if I am buying game on day one.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

You have to remember that The Last Of Us was coded for the PS3 and the PS3 only which was designed around the cell processor, according to there lead developers it was hard enough to just get the thing running on a PS4, they only had a short space of time before they all needed to move on to Uncharted 4, and they even said if they had longer they could of made it better, but it's good enough job, plus there 2 different types of games, plus metro was designed for PC first of all so it was easier to reprogram that because they already had the games foundation within a pc architecture, so much simpler.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011: this where we disagree. This is all excuses by naughty dogs and if it was so hard to port and they aren't giving us their best effort then either scrap the idea or Mark the price down. I read all their reasoning especially my biggest clue was refusing to show gameplay type trailer. They seem to feel guilty trying to justify themselves prior to release and after release. I read all their excuses(reasons). Ps3 was hard to develop on but it's been out forever and naughty dog is a first party developer so they had Sony at their exposure at a drop of a hat.

I even read that the sell numbers aren't that good for TLOU it's just that it ok only because of no competition last month. I was tempted to get the remastered but after reading all the shaddy stuff it was easy to pass on the game so money could go toward games that are new to me or new IPs. Wife not working for last couple months so dont have money to waste. Metro would be a new game to me plus at its best quality and price if I get it.

I look at the gaming world as a business and for the last few yrs I have no loyalty to no developer. They treat us like a customer and I treat them like a business that need my money and they will earn it. Like I have said before $60 isn't cheap. What also kills me about TLOU is them selling all those damn caps and gun dlcs for $30 pack for all of them. Some silly people may buy that too and give naughty dogs $90 for poorly remasterd game. What naughty dog should have done is give us all those baseball caps etc included in the $50 to make up for a slightly upgraded game.