Looking in the ps3 world...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kingmohd84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Kingmohd84
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts
Hello... I am an xbox 360 owner. The system and its games is great, and xbl works very nice. But the system is too faulty the only availible great games are microsoft made ones. Problems happen just because its an xbox. its a really fun system but you have to worry a lot. The ps3 is having its real down days, but i hear it has a bright future. Can you enlighten about the future of ps3 , specifically i mean games. Maybe the ps3 is a better console that xbox, and all it needs is great games to boost its power. Consoles are not supposed to be this faulty. I recall super nintendo as plug and play, so is the ps1. The wii is too childish upuntil now although i want to buy one except the games are just for kids. Tell me whats going on witht he ps3 to look for, i believe you are all fans of the system. this is not a post about which system is better, i am just trying to see what is comming for the ps3, maybe i just buy one
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
for starters, if you missed any ps2/ps1 games, you can catch up and play them on the ps3. free online is good and built in blu-rray is a plus if you plan on using it. as for games, they are kinda scarce AT THE MOMENT. just around the corner, we have vf5, motorstorm, oblivion, lair, and heavenly sword. but if you really wanna see what games are coming out, just check the master list here on gs.
Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts

As the guy before me said, games are pretty scarce for now, but once March hits, the ps3 will have great games coming out every month.

What's great about the ps3 is that is has lots of non-Sony made exclusives, compared to the 360, which as you pointed out has primarily only M$-made exclusives. Also, as the guy before me said, you can play any older ps2/1 games that you missed, like the Devil May Cry trilogy or Shadow fo the Colossus.

You can expect the ps3 to have similar developer support that the previous playstations had, which means lots of it. There will be loads of great games coming out for the system over its life cycle. Already coming out this year, and many this month, are Heavenly Sword, Lair, Motorstorm, Tekken 6 , Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, and even more in '08 like Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII Versus, and Gran Turismo 5.  Also, chances are games like Resident Evil 5 will come out on the ps3 first and just be ported to the 360 (and ports are usually not as good as the original), as Capcom has always done that with RE games (except for RE4, which did come to the ps2 with extra content).

See, the ps3 is assured massive developer support because a majority of game developers are Japanese, who develop primarily for the Japanese community. Because the 360 is basically dead in Japan, these devs usually don't bother making games for the system, as none of their primary audience will buy the game for that system. This equates to lots more exclusives for the ps3, and since it is region free, any games that don't make it over here from Japan can just be imported. Quite the opposite of Japanese devs, most of the major American devs are non-exclusive developers like EA and Rockstar who push out title after title for both platforms. But even Rockstar pushes out primarily PlayStation exclusives aside from GTA (think Bully, etc.).

The main thing i like about the ps3 is its reliability. It hasn't had any hardware problems for the most part. The worst i've heard of is occasional freezing, but i've had mine since December and it hasn't frozen once. Also, its features are amazing. It can play Blu-Ray discs and even SACDs (for any audiophiles out there). Its feature list will only be increasing over the year (much like XBL did last year). With the March update comes multi-tasking, along with many other things, along with rumored dvd upscaling.

To sum things up, ps3 will have far more games than the competition (though the Nintendo is improving with its 3rd party support, most likely due to the new opportunities provided by the Wiimote), and it would be a nice addition to you living room. Just be warned, ITS BIG, though its sleek design makes up for its obtrusiveness.

Also, get a Wii asap. It may only have Zelda now, but soon it willl get more great games using the amazing Wiimote. I love my Wii. :D

Kingmohd84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Kingmohd84
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts
the xbox has nice games, but for some reason i think the ps3 will win long term maybe if they lower the price of their systems...what annoys me most about the xbox is its "microsoftish" faults, its like windows operating system just in a white case....I have two questions you say that i can play any game that were availible for ps1/ps2, how can that be possible. By download? I dont think all ps1/ps2 games will be availible to download. I missed on the whole ps2 generation, so that is a major plus. If by download how much will each game cost? the other thing is , did online play work or is it still under developement? If so, how are the reactions on the system, specially on lower speeds, my speed is 1mb/s and the xbox is playing really fine. One major thing that is holding me back from buying ps3, is that i think its just too much of a waste to own 360/ps3/ and a wii. I have a 360 and i want a wii waiting for nice games only. yet ps3 all of a sudden started to seem very tempting. Am not much of a gamer. Infact all my life i only owned, gameboy(original)/snes/family game/ ps1... no 3do, saturn, genesis, dreamcast, 64, ps2, xbox, neo-geo for me. it iwll be nice if you can provide me with ps3 fan sites