Last of us... another overrated game

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vidpci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Vidpci
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

I bought and played this game. 2 weeks later, I have no intention, want or need to even attempt to finish this game. I bought a ps3 to play the Uncharted series and this game. Both have been a let down. I simply do not see the fascination.

I am a PC gamer, mostly... but is this all that consoles have?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

the game is not overated.

Vidpci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vidpci

sukraj

Actually, in my opinion, it is. Games like the original RE and MGS were not overrated. They were innovated and did something to the genre. There is nothing innovative in this game. It is more of the FPS garbage with an uninteresting story tacked on. I traded my 360 in to get this ps3, good choice still, but these games do not deserve the top score rating they got.

I AGREE WITH THE 8.0 GS RATING.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

That is your extreme minority opinion but the world has spoken on Metacritic and the amazing sales. Plus I think you are trolling and I am tempted to report this as a forum invasion.

I doubt you have ever played TLOU because it plays nothing like a typical FPS or typical 3rd person shooter , but maybe you are just a moron instead.

Saying you bought and played it is an easy way to try to get around the forum rules...

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I guess you waisted your money than lol.

Im happy with my purchase of The last of Us.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#6 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Well in a PS3 forum lots of people will disagree including me.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

marcheegsr

He didn't buy it. Just said that to avoid getting moderated for trolling.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sukraj

Its my fav game on the ps3.

Vidpci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vidpci

[QUOTE="marcheegsr"]

StrongBlackVine

I did buy it and I did play the game to the point where *spoilers* the guy loses his brother.
muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="marcheegsr"]

Vidpci

I did buy it and I did play the game to the point where *spoilers* the guy loses his brother.

That happens in the prolog. Are you saying you are only that far in? If so you have not got to the gameplay bits yet.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

Vidpci

Actually, in my opinion, it is. Games like the original RE and MGS were not overrated. They were innovated and did something to the genre. There is nothing innovative in this game. It is more of the FPS garbage with an uninteresting story tacked on. I traded my 360 in to get this ps3, good choice still, but these games do not deserve the top score rating they got.

So because you didn't like the game thousands of people who did are wrong? If anything you can say I didn't like this game. Nobody is saying you have to like it because it's been well recieved. 

Also do you even know what your talking about? You completely rip the game then go on to say; "I AGREE WITH THE 8.0 GS RATING." So you do like the game then?

Sweetew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Sweetew
Member since 2013 • 51 Posts

That is your extreme minority opinion but the world has spoken on Metacritic and the amazing sales. Plus I think you are trolling and I am tempted to report this as a forum invasion.

I doubt you have ever played TLOU because it plays nothing like a typical FPS or typical 3rd person shooter , but maybe you are just a moron instead.

Saying you bought and played it is an easy way to try to get around the forum rules...

StrongBlackVine

Out of arguments already? In one single comment, you just called him a troll, moron and threatening to report him, just because he shares a different opinion than you.

wow

Sweetew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sweetew

[QUOTE="Vidpci"]

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

SgtSutton

So because you didn't like the game thousands of people who did are wrong? If anything you can say I didn't like this game. Nobody is saying you have to like it because it's been well recieved. 

Also do you even know what your talking about? You completely rip the game then go on to say; "I AGREE WITH THE 8.0 GS RATING." So you do like the game then?

May want to read his comment again. You missed the part where he said "in my opinion". Where did he say that other people were wrong?

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Vidpci

And it shows. You played a couple games and did the "Is this all console have" kind of comment which shows you are biased against consoles to the point where you play a few games, write them off as terrible and assume all console games are the same. Which proves you arent a real gamer because you care more about the system the games are running on.

Last of us and uncharted arent "console games" that are somehow magically only on consoles, plenty of games like those are on the PC as well. You played a video game, not a console game. A game is only as good as the people who make it, thats why consoles have a ton of amazing games on them and so does the PC, but the console and PC also have a shit ton of terrible games.

Just sell your ps3, go back to your PC and let it be that. I dont think youre open minded enough, and too much of a PC fanboy to ever let yourself enjoy a game that is a console exclusive because your more worried about what the game is running on to have fun playing the game itself.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

TC... another opinionated person that should have blogged it.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

[QUOTE="SgtSutton"]

[QUOTE="Vidpci"]

Sweetew

May want to read his comment again. You missed the part where he said "in my opinion". Where did he say that other people were wrong?

Saying that its overrated is saying other people are wrong for rating it highly. I respect someone doesn't like a game, that doesn't mean everyone else can't. There are plenty of games that are supposed to be good that I don't like. 

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

[QUOTE="marcheegsr"]

StrongBlackVine

you cant get modded for trolling anymore...
Sweetew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sweetew

[QUOTE="Sweetew"]

[QUOTE="SgtSutton"]

SgtSutton

Saying that its overrated is saying other people are wrong for rating it highly. I respect someone doesn't like a game, that doesn't mean everyone else can't. There are plenty of games that are supposed to be good that I don't like. 

no, saying that is still only his opinion. Anyways it's semantics, but I like your attitude. :)

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I bought and played this game. 2 weeks later, I have no intention, want or need to even attempt to finish this game. I bought a ps3 to play the Uncharted series and this game. Both have been a let down. I simply do not see the fascination.

Vidpci

Oh Look, It's a PC Gamer in the PS3 Forums Again... Strutting his ignorance back and forth as if anyone cares... You bought a $200-$300 machine for Naughty Dog's horse-sh*t??? You doofus. The unbridaled ignorance of some gamers, man... amazing. Glad you can just piss your money away on a guess.

:roll:

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts

StrongBlackVine
Ouch...not the best way to put things but i do agree sir haha
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#21 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
Okay? At least provide some reasoning. Kind of meddlesome to just come here to say The Last of Us is overrated (when you haven't even finished it) and then state that you're mostly a PC gamer. And clearly this isn't providing much discussion, aside from from flaming.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Well, despite if it is trolling or not I actually agree with the game being over rated.  Most of it was same old zombie nonsense with predictable characters and deaths.  I didn't really like it until halfway through when you could fight humans, as the clickers/infected never really seemed to follow any rules of the game, so I could be going super silent/slow and they'd randomly turn around and kill me.  And Ellie never shuts up with the same five or so lines after every fight.

Definitely not a bad game but not a great one either.  Though, I am now playing it over on the hardest difficulty and it is a bit better (except it makes the issue with the clickers more of an issue) as it makes it feel a lot more like a survival game than a straight up action game.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

Firstly, he called it an FPS, which it isn't unless you're playing it on easy. It's survival horror.

Secondly, he said he was at the point where the guy lost his brother. I haven't played it in a while, but I don't remember anyone losing their brother?

Thirdly, he is an admitted PC gamer. These are the weenies who look down their noses at us, but are silly enough to spend a couple grand on a gaming machine that doesn't have any decent games developed for it.... other than Civilization or something.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sukraj

Firstly, he called it an FPS, which it isn't unless you're playing it on easy. It's survival horror.

Secondly, he said he was at the point where the guy lost his brother. I haven't played it in a while, but I don't remember anyone losing their brother?

Thirdly, he is an admitted PC gamer. These are the weenies who look down their noses at us, but are silly enough to spend a couple grand on a gaming machine that doesn't have any decent games developed for it.... other than Civilization or something.

DaRq_MiNoS

he doesn't know what he's talking about.

GrimMcSlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GrimMcSlam
Member since 2009 • 77 Posts

TC must have been getting owened repeatedly in the multiplayer...

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
This one is a hardcore troll as he mentions "the guy loses his brother" when Joel never loses his brother. This thread is nothing more than a person looking for attention to denounce a great game. Move along people.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

Its my fav game on the ps3.

sukraj
same here
makoreactors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 makoreactors
Member since 2004 • 803 Posts

At first i thought it was going to be underrated. Then the story got better and better.... and i started feeling for the characters. By the end i wont spoil anything it really reminded me of Sin City which is my favorite movie. Something along the lines of bruce willis saying "No need to play it quiet. Not anymore" "What the hell. Go out with a bang"

The game was pretty fun too, Ofcourse i play on hard on all my games so maybe thats why i got hooked more cuz it was actually pretty challenging on hard mode! Give it another shot man! play it late at night, with surround sound on, smoke a J and just kick back. Enjoy the awesome story. At least finish it!

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1841 Posts

he's obviously trolling but yes the game was basically a 8.0. i've also played half life 1/2--is that all PC games have to offer?

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

sukraj

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

StrongBlackVine
This.
wtfineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wtfineedaname
Member since 2011 • 69 Posts

the story in the game was better than some of the movies nowadays , also the multiplayer is FANTASTIC , its slow based game maybe its not ur style , play god of war

marinevetstl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 marinevetstl
Member since 2012 • 175 Posts
I love a rant by someone who didnt finish the game.
RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#34 RatedSTARZ
Member since 2013 • 400 Posts

Vidpci
Lol xD. Such a strong opinion... :P. Dude you should write a blog or review or something and explain why you didn't like it. Or... nah.. just leave it like this. xD
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

While you can definitely not like a game after playing a little bit of it but if you start saying stuff like the game is overrated when you haven't even finished the game, barely even the half-way mark, that is just not very smart now is it?

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
Considering its high metacritic score I would say its not overrated, I loved it
Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

Never played TLoU, but yeah, I agree with the Uncharted series being overrated.

It's the reason I've been so reluctant to play TLoU, as it's supposedly similar to Uncharted.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

It's the reason I've been so reluctant to play TLoU, as it's supposedly similar to Uncharted.

Trail_Mix

Really? The only similarities are having great graphics and being third person, and having a gun...so I guess tons of games are similar to Uncharted.  

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

[QUOTE="Trail_Mix"]

Zidaneski

Really? The only similarities are having great graphics and being third person, and having a gun...so I guess tons of games are similar to Uncharted.  

I said "supposedly." So I don't even know for sure. Just going off what others have stated, that's all.

Also, it's from ND. And being very underwhelmed with Uncharted as I was, I have no real urge to play TLoU immediately anyway.

Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts
I agree that it's overrated, but not as much as you're making it out to be. Finish the game and then com back and debate.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#41 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Plus I think you are trolling and I am tempted to report this as a forum invasion.>StrongBlackVine
F*cking pansy
pearlboy601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 pearlboy601
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts
This one is a hardcore troll as he mentions "the guy loses his brother" when Joel never loses his brother. This thread is nothing more than a person looking for attention to denounce a great game. Move along people. dalger21
Yeah, because Joel is the only person who has a brother in the game. Did you even play the game? If you did, you would know what part he's referring to.
MiguelNoche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MiguelNoche
Member since 2005 • 226 Posts
I agree that it's overrated, but not as much as you're making it out to be. Finish the game and then com back and debate. Granny_Spanked
What this guy said.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
this thread is overrated....
knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#45 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts
To be quite honest, you haven't even scratched the surface of this game. It begins to accelerate quickly a little bit farther than where you are.
knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#46 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

Trail_Mix
It's not similar to Uncharted at all other than the 3rd person perspective. TLOU is a dark, tense, mature game. Uncharted is like a summer Hollywood action flick. Both great games, but totally different.
dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
[QUOTE="pearlboy601"] Yeah, because Joel is the only person who has a brother in the game. Did you even play the game? If you did, you would know what part he's referring to.

Platinum'd the game so yea, I played it a little. This troll mentions "the guys loses his brother" but made no mention of [spoiler] Henry killing himself after shooting his brother [/spoiler] This person is a troll looking for attention. Plain and simple.
Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#48 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

this thread is overrated....Geminon

Can anyone tell me if Geminon is a perennial troll of the Playstation 3 Board on GameSpot?

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

Vidpci
Why did you even buy a console if you are a PC gamer? By the way, I play on both consoles and PC and the last of us is one of the best games of the generation. Its not a game where you play it and the action starts right away. You have to be patient and put quite a bit of time in to get to the good parts. The game gets much better the longer you play.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#50 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Then that's your opinion, buddy. I loved it. You're amoung the minority. Take it.