Just grabbed a ps3, so here comes the obvious question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

First of all, I am excited to finally actually belong to this forum rather than just being an outside commenter. Secondly, I would like to know what games I should get started on. I have a PS1 and PS2 so I already have started some series, but there are some big ones that I also missed, such as God of War. I have already ordered the God of War saga with all five games so I am covered on that series, but what in your opinion is also crucial for me to play? I would like to get Twisted Metal as I enjoyed them on PS1, I have played all of the PS2 Ratchet and Clank games (albeit Ratchet: Deadlocked), I never really got into the Jak and Daxter games, and I intend on being a PS+ user so I will have Infamous 2 from that and therefore will buy the first of that. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

congrats on your ps3! I highly reccomend Uncharted 2, killzone and resistance , valkyria chronicles and demon souls to start! all excellent games and its a nice variety incase you get bored which often happens to me

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
The Ratchet and Clank PS3 games are well worth your time as well. The whole series is about $40 total now, and all three are great plays. Save yourself some hard drive space and grab InFamous Saga. Has the first and second game, as well as Festival of Blood. The two main games are both great, and so is FoB, even though its length essentially amounts to a halloween special. If you haven't played the Batman games on the 360, you might as well jump in now. Arkham City in particular is one of the best from the last few years.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#4 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

There's a sticky for these topics.

-

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy the games.

Juka307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Juka307
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Buy Drake's saga :D and killzone trilogy, I just got a PS3 also, and I'll be getting those games :D
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Make sure to get Medal Gear Solid 4. Maybe Gran Turismo. Definitely Valkyria Chronicles.

EastMagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 EastMagi
Member since 2012 • 141 Posts

Yes, you can't go wrong with Uncharted (there are 3 games total now). Current favorite of mine is Far Cry 3.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#8 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

First of all, I am excited to finally actually belong to this forum rather than just being an outside commenter. Secondly, I would like to know what games I should get started on. I have a PS1 and PS2 so I already have started some series, but there are some big ones that I also missed, such as God of War. I have already ordered the God of War saga with all five games so I am covered on that series, but what in your opinion is also crucial for me to play? I would like to get Twisted Metal as I enjoyed them on PS1, I have played all of the PS2 Ratchet and Clank games (albeit Ratchet: Deadlocked), I never really got into the Jak and Daxter games, and I intend on being a PS+ user so I will have Infamous 2 from that and therefore will buy the first of that. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

Schreek

I would suggest getting Darksiders 1 and 2 for ps3. DS1 plays a lot smoother on the ps3 than the 360 or PC.

And here are the games I like for ps3:

Far Cry 3, Sleeping Dogs, DBZ Budokai collection, Valkyria Chronicles, Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll, Killzone Collections, Darksiders 1 & 2, Crysis 1, Red Dead Redemption + Undead Nightmare, Lords of Shadows, Resistance 3 (for the campaign only, the MP straight up sucks)

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
get : Ratchet & Clank : Tools of Destruction Ratchet & Clank : A Crack in Time Motorstorm Apocalypse Resistance fall of man Resistance 2 Resistance 3 3d dot game heroes Wipeout HD Fury If you are a metal gear solid fan, i guess mgs4 as well Playstation all stars battle royale if you like smash brothers Gran Turismo 5 if you love 'sim' racers (get the latest edition)
Skilled_Tactix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Skilled_Tactix
Member since 2012 • 112 Posts
I recomend... Resistance 1 Motorstorm Monument Valley and Pacific Rift Fallout 3 and New Vegas Uncharted 1+2 Killzone 2+3 Call of Duty Series I dont suppose you have the old 'fat' model, but if you did i would've recommended.. Thrillville off the rails Atv offroad fury 3+4 If you need some friend on live, send me a message, just let me know it is you, my username for live is the same username here.
Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Benny_Blakk
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

Schreek

The number 1 PS3 exclusive that is already a classic and a must experience is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriot. It is amazing!

After that, you can basically go through all the exclusives and find good experiences (most of which have had sevral installments by now). Resistance, Infamous, and Uncharted have all 3 parts by now. For your RPG fix, start with Demon's Souls then Dark Souls. There is nothing like those anywhere else.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Honestly, I wouldnt get the GOW saga, GOW 3 is enough. Same thing applies to Killzone and Resistance. KZ3 GOW3 Uncharted series Resistance 3 MGS4
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Honestly, I wouldnt get the GOW saga, GOW 3 is enough. Same thing applies to Killzone and Resistance. KZ3 GOW3 Uncharted series Resistance 3 MGS4Nengo_Flow
To be honest, I already grabbed the whole saga. I like to understand the whole scope of a story when Im playing and I also wanted to try out PS+, which the saga comes with a free one month trial of. So basically at this point I have decided that my need to play soon PS3 games are Infamous 1 and 2, Uncharted 1, 2, and 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, the PS3 Ratchet and Clank games, and Heavy Rain. Eventually I will also probably grab games like Twisted Metal and the Resistance trilogy just for the story. Thanks for your help everyone!

stayman_jacobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 stayman_jacobi
Member since 2009 • 3644 Posts

Try Starhawk, great multiplayer.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

Borderlands is great fun, Bioshock is very intense and Kingdoms of Amalur has awesome combat, crafting and loot

wazzawazza18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16 wazzawazza18
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

well like everyone else im saying the Uncharted series is a must!

The Killzone seires is a pretty intense and graphically wowing shooter. i wouldn't jump staright to 3 though eiter get 2 first or the trilogy.

Littlebigplanet is a creative platformer and could be looked into. (i didnt think to highly of it though)

be sure to check out Journey avaialbe on PSN store.

Saladin__7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Saladin__7
Member since 2012 • 116 Posts
Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition
Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts

Yeah don't forget about the PSN exclusives! Coming Tuesday: Journey(Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99) among other free games/discounts.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Pick up the Uncharted trilogy, you can buy the first two in a double pack and buy 3 seperate. The motorstorm series is fun for anyone. Definitelyget Gran Turismo 5 is your into racing simulation. Other than that, get games based on the genres you like. And one more thing, regardless of what your told, avoid Metal Gear Solid 4 unless you want a 'game' with numerous repetetitive cutscenes and only 4 hours of gameplay.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Schreek

Congratulations on your PS3.

Some of my personal favourite series I recommend is Metal Gear Solid series. Pick up the MGS HD Collection and of course MGS4. Uncharted Trilogy is fantastic, Infamous 1,2 are not bad as well, Little Big Planet 1,2 are fun and enjoyable, Demon's Souls is hard core RPG and well worth it, If you like God of War - Heavenly Sword is also fun, there is Resistance series and Killzone 2,3 to try out.

I also recommend Yakuza series, the HD collection of 1,2 is coming out soon but Yakuza 3,4 are superb. There is Gran Turismo 5 if you're into racing, Motorstorm and Wipeout series if you're more into arcade versions,

Some unique game I always recommend one of my favorite: Heavy Rain, Valkyria Chronicles and Journey.

That's all I can think of at the moment, feel free to add me to PSN friends list and ask any questions you might have regarding games or your new shiny PS3. ;)

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

Schreek

Darth Vader

CBN16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CBN16
Member since 2012 • 407 Posts

If you're talking mostly PS3 exclusives and didn't try Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2, I HIGHLY recommend the remastered HD version that also includes ICO. Shadow of the Colossus is my #1 game of all time followed by Red Dead Redemption, MGS4, and Borderlands 2. That sais a lot since those other three are from this gen.

truitt661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 truitt661
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I just got my ps3 today for christmas and I really enjoy playing it. I think it is somewhat better than my xbox 360 buy anyway I am also looking for some good games that I would like to play. I got my call of duty black ops and assasin creed.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
All the games already posted are good to great. I just didn't see Just Cause 2 in the game list.