Is Resident Evil:ORC really that bad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

grifman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 grifman1
Member since 2012 • 124 Posts

Hey people, I was thinking of getting a Resident Evil game before the new one come's out. I was going to get Operation Racoon City. Then I saw a bunch of people saying it's terrible and what not. Is this true? If it is I'll just get Resident Evil 4 HD.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts
For starts is it a bad game yes, is it so horrible you can't play it? No. I had it preordered months before all the bad reviews came out, I was going back n forth on to keep the game or not. I kept it played and finished it. The story is slim as this could have been great there, the gameplay is just ok at best, it not the best RE game and I'd recommend a rental at best. But for me someone who has played n beat just about every RE game I found it enjoyable for a weekend run.
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

I rented from gamefly, hoping the reviewer's were just biased Needless to say while the Competitive multiplayer was "ok" the game really got bland fast. I couldn't even bare to finish the story after 2Chapter's i imagine with friends it might be better. But see'ing how it was i certainly wouldn't recommend buying it could rent from redbox, if you really want to try it otherwise pick up RE4 Which is just awesome.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#4 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

I bought it just for the multiplayer and don't mind it. I've played online for about 10 hours and I'm not bored yet.

I'm a fan of the Left 4 Dead games on the 360 and while this game isn't anywhere as good, the online is fun.

The online mode that I like the best is Survivor - you and your team fight against against another team and zombies and after about 7 to 10 minutes a chopper arrives and you have to get on board - there's only room for four players. Knocking someone out while they're about the board the chopper never gets old.

There's no straight wave/horder/survival mode where you or you and your team just fight wave after wave of zombies and that's disappointing.

The game is very dark, even with the gamma cranked up.

I've never been a big fan of the control/shooting scheme in all previous RE games but I liked the control scheme here.

You can blow off a zombie's head or blast their legs off.

I tried the story mode and what I tried was blah.

Contrary to what the back of the box says, you can't play 1-4 players offline with a single machine - split screen with a friend would have been great.

I only paid $35.00 for it and I think that's a fair price, $60.00 is too much.

I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10. It's certainly not the train wreck that people make it out to be.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Online with non-AI team mates makes the game a lot more enjoyable. If you don't plan to play that way I'd suggest avoiding it or waiting for a severe price drop.

lotusclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lotusclown
Member since 2008 • 229 Posts

its not that bad mate, i only played the sp and i had a blast.. if you're looking for a nice RE game with a few new perks give it a try, i loved it.. ;)

Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
It is an ok game, but only when playing with friends. A.I. in the game is just horrid.
lotusclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lotusclown
Member since 2008 • 229 Posts

It is an ok game, but only when playing with friends. A.I. in the game is just horrid.Brickz187
lies.. the AI isn't bad, they'll even heal u with first aid sprays when you're low on health, you've obviously never gone through without your net buddies.. don't hate on this game when mp is your only reason for insulting it.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

Hey people, I was thinking of getting a Resident Evil game before the new one come's out. I was going to get Operation Racoon City. Then I saw a bunch of people saying it's terrible and what not. Is this true? If it is I'll just get Resident Evil 4 HD.

grifman1
No, the game is pretty great, actually. Don't believe what all the people are saying; people shouldn't be able to speak their mind about this game when they've never played it... The mulitplayer is awesome actually- thrilling and highly competetive. Online is where the characters' abilities truly shines. And it works even better with a band of friends :) The campaign might be short, but now with the inclusion of the Spec Ops-campaign you have atleast 4-5 hours of additional gameplay. The graphics are great, atleast I believe so. The animations are pretty sweet aswell. As you keep playing the game, you'll see lots of familiar scenes from the RE-games which I found pretty awesome. The weapons are also weapons seen in older RE-games and even the sounds are brought back from the RE-series. It is a truly amazing game, and don't believe the opinions, and the GameSpot-review was especially appaling. Give this game a go :)
grifman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 grifman1
Member since 2012 • 124 Posts

I would love to play online with my friends but, those N00BZ sit around and play COD all day. I'm not saying it's a bad game but thats all they play. I guess I'll get RE 4 HD.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts
@grifman1 : A good choice aswell :)
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

It's horrific, a festering omnishambles of a game that gives every impression of having been coded by a troop of blind monkeys with numb hands. Steer well clear.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
It's pretty freakin' abysmal, yeah. You're much better off with RE4.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#14 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I didn't mind the game at all. I've played through it about 6 times online. However it does have a lot of glitches such as Tyrant not spawning or Tyrant just freezes which has happended to me 2 meaning I've had to quit the game and zombies that disappear, AI can be awful at times such as just standing and not doing anything or just getting in your way. Apart from that I've enjoyed it I accept it's more of a action style third person shooter rather then horror. The multiplayer mode survivor is fun especially trying to fight your way onto the chopper since spaces are limited and only 4 out of 8 can escape.

The I like characters especially Lupo (since she does the super solider thing) and Vector (since he can turn invisible).

I didn't mind seeing Resident Evil in a different way and personally I couldn't care less what the professional reviewers thought. I enjoyed it for what it is.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
It is terrible. Avoid at all costs. Your time and money are better spent on any of the other great games this generation.
Yojimbo25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#16 Yojimbo25
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

grifman1

I bought it the day it came out and thoroughly enjoyed it. Its not as bad of a game as everyone makes it out to be honestly. Yes the AI in the Campaign is dumb but you can play the entire Campaign online with other people. The multiplayer was addicting, but I'm noticing that there are less and less people playing the game online. They just released the Spec Ops DLC for it, and it seems to me that the game online is slowly dying.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
It's not the greatest, the AI are terrible and stupid. Some of the controls can be a bit frustrating but overall it's still a fun game.
d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#18 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

[QUOTE="grifman1"]

it seems to me that the game online is slowly dying.

Yojimbo25

Can't say I agree. Haven't had any problems finding people to play Survivor with.

The game dropped in price to $50.00 where I live and I imagine it's going to drop everywehre else which should bring more people online.

Plus, their regular moneygrubbing tactics aside, Capcom didn't release the game with an online pass and that should help keep the online community alive longer than games like Homefront or Medal of Honor.