Is castlevania lords of shadow worth buying?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
Member since 2008 • 2058 Posts

Is castlevania lords of shadow worth buying? despite the review i see that the user score is way higher... so shall i buy it? i like GoW 3 a lot and i deffinately like castlevania games..

hawk549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hawk549
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

im not the person to ask, but oh well im throwin in my 02.c

I didnt like that game at all. Everyone compares it to Gow 3, and i feel thats a bad thing cause GoW 3 is way better. This game felt repetitive and uninteresting. Way over done. It was also annoying to see how the developers tried to really run with the whole 'epic' feel, and thats where it really pushed it over the top for me.

In fairness though i really didnt get to far into the game, so maybe i missed something. I do have a friend though who tried to disagree with me and made it about halfway through, but then he quit playing and wound up agreeing with me.

I am the minority, but i disliked it so much i felt compelled to share. This is all just my opinion, many others really enjoyed it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
Member since 2008 • 2058 Posts

thx a lot for your reply.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
It's a very good game imo. A mix of God of War (combat), Indiana Jones (a lot of ledge climbing, jumping) and it's a big game. I had it for 360 but didn't finish it, I may buy it for ps3.
FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

Well, in my opinion I have to disagree with hawk549. I really enjoyed the game and had one of the better endings in a game that I have seen in a really, really long time. Was it the best game I ever played, no. Was it worth playing, yes. The camera angle is a little annoying, but you get used to it. Also the DLC is fun to play also. On a side note, I love how people are comparing itand saying it is a ripoff of God Of War. I have played every Castlevania and God Of War game ever made. Similar play sure, many hack and slash games are. Remember this though, God Of War came out in 2005, Castlevania came out in 1986. So who's ideas came from who?

Ironbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ironbash
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

One of the most underrated games of 2010 - deserved a 9 (only problem is framerates but theyr'e only low during some cutscenes - the game looks PHENOMENAL)

corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

I'm playing it right now, and think it's a great game. I would recommend it to any of my friends.

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

If there's one game i really think is underated this gen, it's Castlevania Lords of Shadow. Okay first things first, people complain that it's similar to God of War, why on earth would you complain it's similar to the best action game around? Personally i don't think it's that similar anyway, the only thing they have borrowed from God of War is the finishing moves, the whole layout of the game is different.

If you play this game on Hard difficulty, that's when the game really shines. I really enjoyed having to time all my blocks and counter attacks, and god of war is far too easy even on the hardest difficulty in the game, and yes i have completed them all on the hardest.

The game just has this certain feel to it, and i really love it. There are so many unique different types of enemies, and areas. That's why this game beats God of War if you ask me. I don't know how anyone can call it repetitive, it's one of the least repetitive action games in existance. It has platforming, lots of action and puzzles. What more can you ask for to keep things varied?

Overall it's one of the best action games i've played, and i'm just getting ready to platinum it on my Ps3 (after completing it on my xbox360) and that's how good it is. It's one of the most underated games around, and i'd rate it up there with God of War 3 anyday, especially noting that you get way more for your money considering it's about 3x as long as God of War 3 with much more varied gameplay.

If your a fan of action games you'll LOVE it! (sorry for the huge post)

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

If there's one game i really think is underated this gen, it's Castlevania Lords of Shadow. Okay first things first, people complain that it's similar to God of War, why on earth would you complain it's similar to the best action game around? Personally i don't think it's that similar anyway, the only thing they have borrowed from God of War is the finishing moves, the whole layout of the game is different.

If you play this game on Hard difficulty, that's when the game really shines. I really enjoyed having to time all my blocks and counter attacks, and god of war is far too easy even on the hardest difficulty in the game, and yes i have completed them all on the hardest.

The game just has this certain feel to it, and i really love it. There are so many unique different types of enemies, and areas. That's why this game beats God of War if you ask me. I don't know how anyone can call it repetitive, it's one of the least repetitive action games in existance. It has platforming, lots of action and puzzles. What more can you ask for to keep things varied?

Overall it's one of the best action games i've played, and i'm just getting ready to platinum it on my Ps3 (after completing it on my xbox360) and that's how good it is. It's one of the most underated games around, and i'd rate it up there with God of War 3 anyday, especially noting that you get way more for your money considering it's about 3x as long as God of War 3 with much more varied gameplay.

If your a fan of action games you'll LOVE it! (sorry for the huge post)

Kusimeka
True, Castlevania is very poorly rated. I was reluctant to buy it, I'm so glad I did buy it though. Worth every penny.
Secret-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Secret-Face
Member since 2011 • 223 Posts
If you are a fan of the genre and the series, I'd recommend picking it up.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
It was my game of the year last year. I felt it was better than God Of War 3 (my most disappointing game of last year) in almost every area. I loved the gameplay and story
LazyMushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LazyMushroom
Member since 2011 • 914 Posts
I actually liked the game. It's quite like God of War 3 but has it's own twist. My only complaint is the length, I found it to be a little bit too long. I felt as if it should've been a few hours shorter but overall it's a good game and I recommend it.
corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

My only complaint is the camera isn't rotatable/moveable so sometimes you have to run around for a different angle to see the action better, other than that I have no real complaints and really enjoy the game (though I am not that deep into it). I think it's a great game, good cutscenes, story seems good, and all around the battle system is alot of fun.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
the thing is that its not a castlevania game i am a huge fan of the series and los is just another gow clone thats why it has good reviews
Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

the thing is that its not a castlevania game i am a huge fan of the series and los is just another gow clone thats why it has good reviewselbert_b_23

Do not listen to what this guy says. It has has some things in common with GOW, but it's FAR from a clone.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#16 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Take it to the recommendation thread, please. Thanks.