Is anyone else skeptical about Uncharted 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

I've watched the gameplay trailer of Uncharted 4 multiple times but I couldn't help but notice the graphics do not look as impressive as the previous 2 games or The Last of Us. Don't get me wrong it looks amazing but I was hoping for more from the developers of the Playstation's strongest titles. I know they delayed the game so anything can happen between now and then but I am really worried NaughtyDog cannot pull this one off. Is anyone else feeling the same? I feel Uncharted should be vibrant, colourful and joyful but seeing the two trailers of Uncharted 4 the tone just feels a bit too dark, sorta like midway between Uncharted and Last of Us infact a bit more towards The Last of Us. I really want it to be a critical and commercial success but I do not believe an extra year will do it that much good if this is the direction it is heading.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

The game isn't even out yet and is gonna come out in 2016. The graphics are obviously still being worked, improved on and a lot can change with an extra year of work. Never judge a game on a trailer or test footage..... Why would anyone be skeptical about Naughty Dog and Uncharted series?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

You have seen trailers and that´s about it, you can´t make a judgement based on what it is not.

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

Never doubt Naughty Dog, never.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Umm. No. I have full confidence the game will be fun.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

The graphics definitely look better than the previous uncharted's and tlou - not sure why you think otherwise (not that the others aren't gorgeous, but you can easily see the corners cut due to hardware limitations if you look for them - textures, low polys, etc). ND is one of the best companies in business when it comes to the art of illusion - they carefully put details on focal points of the scene that allow resource-friendly design choices elsewhere that we won't notice.

As far as gameplay, everything we've seen looks improved over the previous installments that I can see. I think they learned a ton from tlou of what makes gameplay more rewarding.

None of the uncharted's have been exceptional, IMO, but I am pretty sure this will be the most exceptional of them on all gameplay and technical fronts (who knows how the story will be)

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

Well I guess seeing as there are so many people confident in NaughtyDog's abilities then I guess I'm assured Uncharted 4 will be no different. Its just Uncharted 2 was hands down my favourite PS3 game, Uncharted 3 following very closely behind. I've played many new games at maxed settings on pc and even so I still find Uncharted 2 even after so many years being one of the most graphically brilliant games. I've recently finished FarCry 4 while playing on the highest possible settings on pc and still couldn't help but notice that it is still short of Uncharted 2, maybe I'm not paying closer attention? Yea sure the gameplay is undoubtedly much better than the previous Uncharted titles, the combat feels very fluid and fun. I can see that Uncharted 4 has much crisper graphics than The Last of Us but it just feels less vibrant, not sure whether that's a good thing or not.

TrevorZyla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TrevorZyla
Member since 2015 • 76 Posts
@GhostHawk196 said:

I've played many new games at maxed settings on pc and even so I still find Uncharted 2 even after so many years being one of the most graphically brilliant games. I've recently finished FarCry 4 while playing on the highest possible settings on pc and still couldn't help but notice that it is still short of Uncharted 2, maybe I'm not paying closer attention?

The game looks nice yeah, but there is some noticeable age to the graphics. The Last of Us on PS3 is a huge step up from Uncharted 2, for example, and those were on the same console.

sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts

Naughty dog has NEVER made a bad game on a playstation console. Some may be better than others but the worst naughty dog game is like going to the playboy mansion and hooking up with the "worst looking playmate". There's no such thing. Naughty dog doesn't make bad games