In light of all the GS/EB bashing I just realized

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MorisUkunRasik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MorisUkunRasik
Member since 2006 • 1511 Posts
I was at a Gamestop the other day and the workers were trying to convince some guy that HDDVD was going to take over and BluRay was a passing fad. HE stated that HDDVD had the majority of movie studios and a bunch of other BS. BEsides that I realized today taht for some odd reason they carry Zunes. MS's portable music device, why on Earth would they do that. Just thought I'd add fuel to the conspiracy flame.
Haseokicksass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Haseokicksass
Member since 2006 • 4604 Posts
microsoft pays  everyone to do stuff like that.
Haseokicksass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Haseokicksass
microsoft pays  everyone to do stuff like that.
Ngon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ngon
Member since 2004 • 2782 Posts

yea... music player is not related to game...

i don't see ipod in those store...

bunch of idiots I swear to you... go buy your games at gamecrazy or some where else other then eb and gs

Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

yea and the games for windows.  and the xbox section in our GS is alot bigger than PS2 and gamecube.  and they basically have the 360 up on a pedistal and the PS3 on the ground. 

I haven't really had an incident of the employees saying anything fanboyish.  The manager there admitted that there is alot more demand and love for PS3 than 360.  but some of the stories i hear about GS wouldnt suprise me any. 

When i bought my PS3 from bestbuy, all i heard was "the ps3 has been breaking down like crazy we've had a ton of people bring them back", or "why are you getting a ps3?".  I was just like...i think your refering to the wrong system, my 360 broke twice so maybe thats what your talkin about lol.

I just don't get it...why stop a customer from making a $600 purchase...its gonna look good for the employee if all these people are buyin expensive things

Haseokicksass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Haseokicksass

BURN DOWN EBGAMES/ GAMESTOP!

Ngon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ngon
Member since 2004 • 2782 Posts

yea and the games for windows.  and the xbox section in our GS is alot bigger than PS2 and gamecube.  and they basically have the 360 up on a pedistal and the PS3 on the ground. 

I haven't really had an incident of the employees saying anything fanboyish.  The manager there admitted that there is alot more demand and love for PS3 than 360.  but some of the stories i hear about GS wouldnt suprise me any. 

When i bought my PS3 from bestbuy, all i heard was "the ps3 has been breaking down like crazy we've had a ton of people bring them back", or "why are you getting a ps3?".  I was just like...i think your refering to the wrong system, my 360 broke twice so maybe thats what your talkin about lol.

I just don't get it...why stop a customer from making a $600 purchase...its gonna look good for the employee if all these people are buyin expensive things

Gokuja

they don't get much when selling ps3...

jlabadie88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 jlabadie88
Member since 2003 • 1985 Posts
I can't believe how employees so widely do this. I mean, I don't see it in my store, but I believe the stories. They're just so ignorant if they're doing that.
mikeslemonade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mikeslemonade
Member since 2006 • 3624 Posts
I would do the samething if I was the manager.  Becuase HD-DVD is going to lose, so the customer would come back and buy a PS3 or a blu-ray player.
RoYaL1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RoYaL1990
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts
it hasnt happened to me, but im sure it will when i go buy my next ps3 game. i havent bought my ps3 or any of the games i have from GS or EB. so i wanna see what'll happen when i buy my next ps3 game from GS or EB.
jlabadie88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 jlabadie88
Member since 2003 • 1985 Posts
dude... its because the ps3 was doomed to fail from the very beginning. blu-ray is NOT that big of a feature. most people dont even WANT it right now. although the ps3 is a cheaper blu-ray player. the majority of the people buying a ps3 WANT blu-ray.... -_- so all in all. the ps3 is a blu-ray player. not a game console.
poor sony never stood a chance =/ sorry fanboys =( the truth hurts >.SniperFire17
So what you're saying is that your input is fact?
james791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 james791
Member since 2004 • 301 Posts
i thought of that too. there are so many other mp3 players out in the market how come they only sell zune. and i don't really think they realize that majority of their sales and product in the store are from the playstation brand. then again i used to work for gamestop i had to quit because of all the lies and hypocrites of my ex co-workers aka fan boys. i wish they'll just inform customers and stop telling lies.