This topic is locked from further discussion.

killeryoda85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 killeryoda85
Member since 2006 • 499 Posts

I have been watching Playstation 3 news with a degree of exctitement but mostly scepticism! I remeber when i bought my playstation 2 having only had an N64 and bunged GTA 3 in and was literally blown away with it. Graphics, gameplay, everything. Now though, ive seen images and videos of Playstation 3 and im underwhelmed! Are Sony banking on this machine being a success on the quality of the visuals? if so, for my part they have failed. And Blu-Ray seems to have more bugs and problems than its worth. An please dont get me started on the tacky (and clearly tagged on at the last minute) 6 Axis controller thingy. It seems as though Sony panicked at the 11th hour having seen the hype if the Wii remote. Does any1 share these views? is there something im missing? 

gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts

I have been watching Playstation 3 news with a degree of exctitement but mostly scepticism! I remeber when i bought my playstation 2 having only had an N64 and bunged GTA 3 in and was literally blown away with it. Graphics, gameplay, everything. Now though, ive seen images and videos of Playstation 3 and im underwhelmed! Are Sony banking on this machine being a success on the quality of the visuals? if so, for my part they have failed. And Blu-Ray seems to have more bugs and problems than its worth. An please dont get me started on the tacky (and clearly tagged on at the last minute) 6 Axis controller thingy. It seems as though Sony panicked at the 11th hour having seen the hype if the Wii remote. Does any1 share these views? is there something im missing? 

killeryoda85
Be prepared to be educated. Your post seems like you've been living on an island for a couple months.
zeldredz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zeldredz
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

killeryoda85
Yeah i agree totally i was really excited at first and i may still gete one but im looking like going the way of a 360
boss130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 boss130
Member since 2003 • 516 Posts
Remember that the console is just a few months old.  The only thing I agree with you on is the Sixaxis.  I will take rumble all the way!  I dont think you know enough about the grafics to justify your post right now.  Motorstorm looks ridicilous and there are many more coming out in March that should change your opinion.  I am very excitited and stoked about my PS3
tool_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 tool_rage
Member since 2005 • 756 Posts
[QUOTE="killeryoda85"]

I have been watching Playstation 3 news with a degree of exctitement but mostly scepticism! I remeber when i bought my playstation 2 having only had an N64 and bunged GTA 3 in and was literally blown away with it. Graphics, gameplay, everything. Now though, ive seen images and videos of Playstation 3 and im underwhelmed! Are Sony banking on this machine being a success on the quality of the visuals? if so, for my part they have failed. And Blu-Ray seems to have more bugs and problems than its worth. An please dont get me started on the tacky (and clearly tagged on at the last minute) 6 Axis controller thingy. It seems as though Sony panicked at the 11th hour having seen the hype if the Wii remote. Does any1 share these views? is there something im missing?

zeldredz
Yeah i agree totally i was really excited at first and i may still gete one but im looking like going the way of a 360

I agree.  I think I'll wait a while to pick up a PS3.  It's games at the moment are lacking, and until MGS4, DMC4 and Killzone come out, I don't believe I'll be missing out on much.  You're dead right on the six-axis gimick aswell. 
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gizmo_logix
[QUOTE="zeldredz"][QUOTE="killeryoda85"]

I have been watching Playstation 3 news with a degree of exctitement but mostly scepticism! I remeber when i bought my playstation 2 having only had an N64 and bunged GTA 3 in and was literally blown away with it. Graphics, gameplay, everything. Now though, ive seen images and videos of Playstation 3 and im underwhelmed! Are Sony banking on this machine being a success on the quality of the visuals? if so, for my part they have failed. And Blu-Ray seems to have more bugs and problems than its worth. An please dont get me started on the tacky (and clearly tagged on at the last minute) 6 Axis controller thingy. It seems as though Sony panicked at the 11th hour having seen the hype if the Wii remote. Does any1 share these views? is there something im missing?

tool_rage

I agree.  I think I'll wait a while to pick up a PS3.  It's games at the moment are lacking, and until MGS4, DMC4 and Killzone come out, I don't believe I'll be missing out on much.  You're dead right on the six-axis gimick aswell. 

Why did you rate Resistance 7.8?
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gizmo_logix

tool_rage

Why did you rate Resistance 7.8?
mktazza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mktazza
Member since 2006 • 495 Posts
i think ps3 copied the wii in a way
killeryoda85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killeryoda85

tool_rage

Youve touched on another problem. PS3 will just re-hash old game franchises! wheres the new stuff? Reviews ive read of Resistance seem pretty average!

gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gizmo_logix
[QUOTE="tool_rage"][QUOTE="zeldredz"][QUOTE="killeryoda85"]

killeryoda85

Youve touched on another problem. PS3 will just re-hash old game franchises! wheres the new stuff? Reviews ive read of Resistance seem pretty average!

Average? What reviews? You mean, the 89% ratings from 55 review sites like this? http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928399.asp And how can there be new stuff when the PS3 just came out 3 months ago?
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts

when the 360 camer out it sucked and i sold mine because it was just a graphics update at first

the reason we get less new games and more old games like mgs5 and re5 is because games cost alot to make now so the games are less likely to flop if the previous games in the series did well.

killeryoda85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 killeryoda85
These reviews seem to focus primarily on the graphics. The gameplay itself is nothing new. Monsters coming from the ground or another world....Gears of War/Halo anyone? Im sure it will be fine to play but wheres the imagination?
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gizmo_logix
These reviews seem to focus primarily on the graphics. The gameplay itself is nothing new. Monsters coming from the ground or another world....Gears of War/Halo anyone? Im sure it will be fine to play but wheres the imagination?killeryoda85
LOL! Xbox troll alert? Hmmm, interesting. Nice way to change the subject. You said that Resistance got "average" ratings which was wrong on your part. And by the way, the reviews were NOT based on just the graphics. And you'd know that if you read the them. Gameplay, story and on-line are big reasons it got the scores that it did. Not just graphics. Which is just the start I might add. By the way, when did the 360 come out? And when did Gears come out? I'll let you answer that. Then we can talk about "imagination" for a launch console.
Now though, ive seen images and videos of Playstation 3 and im underwhelmed! Are Sony banking on this machine being a success on the quality of the visuals? if so, for my part they have failed. killeryoda85
You claimed that all those reviews were focused only on graphics, which is wrong, and yet you cite the visuals as a main factor in the success of the PS3? Oooops! :(
hajrudin1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hajrudin1984
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts
O ny god so many bashers whats up with that!
killeryoda85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 killeryoda85
Fair points, but how long has PS3 been in development? and by the time it comes out here, it will have already begun to settle itself into the console market. Yet i still maintain that there is nothing in the launch line up that is either new or exciting. People are holding out for Metal Gear, GTA, VF5 and the like, are these people stuck in a rut or is Sony.
akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts
Good Grief!!!! Do people actually thing the PS3 will have the best graphics and games right out of the box? Geez, what kind of unrealistic expectations did you have? Also, did u think that the Ps3 will open with hundreds of titles? Again, where would you get this from if you owned a Ps1, and a Ps2 at launch. Sony systems never had a great libary of games at or even after launch. Most of their games came after the first 6 months and then they started to come on on a regular bases. Another thing, it takes time before someone other then Sony, to fully use the PS3 to its full potienal. The PS3 isn't here for the netx year or so, but for the next 5-10 years. As a Ps3 as well as a 360 owner, the 360 didn't have great games come out till the 3 month mark and on. Their best game with grapichs came out a year after launch(Gears of War). So before one attacks what they do not know you should actually do research. The PS3 is where it needs to be. I would like them to have more games, but games just to appear from thin air.

Sorry for spelling and or grammer. Its early in the morning. lol

PSN: Meeks

Gamers Game........Fanboys Pick Sides.......

gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gizmo_logix
Fair points, but how long has PS3 been in development? and by the time it comes out here, it will have already begun to settle itself into the console market. Yet i still maintain that there is nothing in the launch line up that is either new or exciting. People are holding out for Metal Gear, GTA, VF5 and the like, are these people stuck in a rut or is Sony. killeryoda85
First you get the console to market. Then you get the development tools to the developers. This takes time. As far as VF5? Can you wait 4 days? Here's a better list for upcoming games during Feb 2007 - April 2007.
Nauty26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Nauty26
Member since 2002 • 734 Posts

killeryoda85

Sometimes I think people forget the nature of the video game beast.  Sony only has control over the final setup of their system. The amount of technical support they can give etc.  Once the devs get started how the game looks, feels, plays is up to the devs. Sony has no control if a dev team decides to make unimpressive stuff.  So dont blame Sony on that part of it.

How they handled everything leading up to launch is another story  and the inclusion of the blu-ray drive is costing them now but i might be diffrent later.

Sometimes i wonder how big buisness thinks , or doesn't  am I the only one who doesnt understand how this blu-ray hardware dilemma works?

I will explain  say you are a hardware manufacturer and you decide you want to make blu-ray players. You get your assembly line together and first you have to get the drives from sony.

You get delayed because they cant make enough for themsleves let alone you.
Second the ones they do make they probably shove in a ps3

Third when you finally get your blu-ray player to market is about 300 dollars more than a ps3!

So exactly how were u gonna make money with a delayed product and competing against a player thats 300 less than yours and does a whole lot more than just play movies?

And how is it that sonys player is a 1000 bucks when they make the drive themselves? 

Maybe i am missing something

Sorry about getting off topic!
killeryoda85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 killeryoda85
Out of that whole february line-up, theres only four exclusive titles. None of which look much kop. I think were getting off the point. I think what needs to be asked is why buy a playstation 3 over 360 or wii. From what i can see, it boils down to better graphics and a certain Mr. Snake! Is that worth £500 +?
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gizmo_logix
Out of that whole february line-up, theres only four exclusive titles. None of which look much kop. I think were getting off the point. I think what needs to be asked is why buy a playstation 3 over 360 or wii. From what i can see, it boils down to better graphics and a certain Mr. Snake! Is that worth £500 +?killeryoda85
Not sure what to tell you. If you don't want any future PS3 exclusives in 2007, 2008, 2009. Fine. Play your 360 or Wii. Simple. If you don't buy now. You'll just buy later (after price drop).
TE_Lawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TE_Lawrence
Member since 2005 • 6934 Posts

Out of that whole february line-up, theres only four exclusive titles. None of which look much kop. I think were getting off the point. I think what needs to be asked is why buy a playstation 3 over 360 or wii. From what i can see, it boils down to better graphics and a certain Mr. Snake! Is that worth £500 +?killeryoda85

You have gone way OT according to the board description.

Please continue your debate here.

LiquidMetal14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LiquidMetal14
Member since 2003 • 8196 Posts
Depends on what your taste is. If you know what Sony can deliver then your purchase will pay off 10 fold in the future. If people expect something massive so early on then they need to think again. Things pick up starting with VF5. This kind of topic is really nothing but trolling because despite this "worrying" the system is still doing well considering the lack of software. And, again, the software will pick up starting with VF5. If you listen to what Phil Harrison says about the future and games that will push the limits of processing then you would get excited about the possibilities of how great the RSX/CELL will be for games.
widowmaker71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 widowmaker71
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts
I think most of the people who bought the ps3 saw this going different. I know I did. But the next 2 months is put up or shut up time. The will have the games there and we will have to wait to see what happens. 
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
The Sixxaxis is an abomination to be sure...I just don't like it.  However, the Blu-Ray is working fine, and the graphics are just fine as well.
LiquidMetal14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LiquidMetal14
Member since 2003 • 8196 Posts
You know the amazing thing is that everyone here can probably acknowledge the lack of software but people know what Sony is going to do and it continues to do well despite a dry software showing, until VF5, that is.
Christian399

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Christian399
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts
Just a question for the original poster of the message, but do you actually OWN a PS3?  Have you played Resistance?  What about Genji?  (That game, despite it's negative reviews or whatever comments are made about it, is unquestionably BEAUTIFUL.)  The PS3 is one slick, sexy piece of hardware; and the launch lineup, paired with backwards compatability (as there are still some PS2 games I have yet to finish) is really nothing to complain about.

This and the atrocious grammar of your post lead me to believe that you are simply frustrated that your mommy won't pony up the cash for a PS3.  That you might have to work your newspaper route for another month or so just to get one.  Keep this type of post in system wars.  Or just blindly buy a 360.  Whatever floats your boat.

Cheers.
killeryoda85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 killeryoda85

Were all going on about software maybe picking up in forthcoming months and years but think back to PS2. We had a wave of decent games (Metal Gear, GTA Gran Tourismo etc) but the majority of their catalogue were dodgy third party games, spin offs and rehashed versions of previously good games (I really didnt like Vice City!!). Im Not saying that this isnt true about other consoles. (Nintendo seem to have some fetish about realing games with Mario in different sports!!) but this is the fact of the matter. The Playstation 3 will be the home of games that have been done and done again. Very little software originality and an overpriced console to house them. Some body please show me an article or a list of upcoming games that will disprove my point!

uglyduck-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 uglyduck-uk
Member since 2003 • 6816 Posts
system wars forum please.