If you're stuck at the loading screen. (GTA IV)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D-Sovereignty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 D-Sovereignty
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I'm seeing a lot of people with this problem, it has even happened to me. Don't worry it's very easy to fix.

It appears Rockstar is tampering with something ( my guess is they are trying to fix the online servers ) and while doing so created another problem that is affecting a large majority of players. (And yes this issue is effecting people who only want to get on to play single player)

The solution to this problem is rather simple DO NOT DELETE YOUR GAME SAVE FILES/DATA UTILITY FOLDER. The last thing you want to happen is lose your 20+ hour game play data due to this issue.

Now all you gotta do to get the game to load up properly again is just SIGN OUT of the PSN and restart the game WHILE DISCONNECTED from the PSN and it will load up fine. It's as simple as that. If you still can't load up and it just stays at the loading screen forever try turning off the Information Board on your PS3 and starting the game while disconnected from the PSN.

And no i'm not talking about the freezing issue while in game your screen freezes and completely stops. I'm talking about this very recent issue that just started happening where the game wont start for many people and just sits at the loading screen forever trying to start from where you last left off.

Sorry if there is allready another topic covering this issue but it is very recent and ive allready read about people deleting their files and i feel bad for them =/

D-Sovereignty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 D-Sovereignty
oh and yes I know there is a GTA dedication thread...but I figured a lot of people wont read this there.
rued2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rued2k6
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts
i just ran into this problem, i am going to see if this help.
jacksik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 jacksik
Member since 2007 • 619 Posts

Thanks for this one. I dont have GTA yet but im sure it will help people.

enormousaxie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 enormousaxie
Member since 2006 • 9366 Posts
wow thanks man gonna try this out..
Altair69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Altair69
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

THANKS!! i love you :oops:

it worked, so all of you that have problems, do this!

Angry_Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Angry_Clown
Member since 2007 • 323 Posts
omg, i love you man. you just saved my sanity. i was never gonna delete my save but i didnt want to wait so again thank you thank you thank you!
fuzzylumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fuzzylumps

thanks you very much -- real life saver

the first time this happened i deleted the game data and it fresh reinstalled once i ran the game again (game data NOT SAVE GAME DATA). i worked and loaded my last save, but i guess it was just coincidence since it didn't work today.

thanks a mill (but how on earth did you figure!!!)