I just traded my Xbox 360 for a PS3 and OH MY GOD !!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

damiencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 damiencore
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts
Ok I basically had the 360 since launch...a month later actually...and decided it was time to go and play some real games...like my old ps2 games...and PS3 games...even though many aren't out right now . I got Resistance and Getting Untold Legends tomorrow...anyway....The oh my god part is that I play on a Standard 30 inch magnavox tv...was saving for the HDTV...but decided to get the ps3 instead...but back to my point...right out of the box...updated and everything...system looks amazing...but to my point again...I hooked up everything and popped in resistance and I am totally blown away by this...it looks...and even sounds a billion times better than my 360 did it sooo weird...even my dvds look sharper and sound incredible...and like I said this is just a standard TV...Its amazing how this sounds and looks...I can only imagine what its going to look like on an HDTV which I will be getting in about 2 months now...but I am def excited for this and have no regrets at all...I feel PS3 is a gaming machine for gamers....unlike xbox 360...and wii is for...parties. This is want I needed, I am finally excited for games and I haven't been in like 2 years...I wasn't even this excited for my 360....I will never go back to MS no matter what, the first 4 seconds of gameplay...sound and visuals made me realize what I wanted and got. Oh and I get to play Kingdom hearts and other great ps2 classics...anyway...I am just really excited...Its..amazing.
Moonlight-AB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Moonlight-AB
Member since 2006 • 648 Posts

Yeah you made the right choice PS3 is a console that really gets people excited about gaming.

0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts

Yeah you made the right choice PS3 is a console that really gets people excited about gaming.

Moonlight-AB

i agree. Definately the right choice. I'm afraid the 360 has seen it's better days. Halo can not keep the 360 alive forever.
DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaddyDC650
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts
It's only a matter of time before 360 fanboys switch over to the darkside. They will never admit this though. =P
pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 pimperjones
Member since 2006 • 3116 Posts
So which division of Sony's PR do you work in again?
qman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 qman101
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts
Well, the ps3 really is pretty amazing. And the graphics, judging from you, will probably be AMAZING to you. Trust me, I have one with an HDMI cable. Note that I heard a rumor that the ps3 will have an update that upscales DVD's to HD.
Moonlight-AB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Moonlight-AB

It's only a matter of time before 360 fanboys switch over to the darkside. They will never admit this though. =PDaddyDC650

PS3 is not the darkside, Sony has kept gamers happy for 10 years and you call them evil, for shame

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts
Well, the ps3 really is pretty amazing. And the graphics, judging from you, will probably be AMAZING to you. Trust me, I have one with an HDMI cable. Note that I heard a rumor that the ps3 will have an update that upscales DVD's to HD.qman101
You can't magically make something that's not made in HD suddenly become HD.
Goku004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Goku004
Member since 2006 • 754 Posts
Congratulations man, you made a good choice, like all other PS3 owners you can look forward to a variety of high quality games.
DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaddyDC650

[QUOTE="DaddyDC650"]It's only a matter of time before 360 fanboys switch over to the darkside. They will never admit this though. =PMoonlight-AB

PS3 is not the darkside, Sony has kept gamers happy for 10 years and you call them evil, for shame

They are part of the darkside because they rule with an iron fist you fool!!!
Moonlight-AB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Moonlight-AB
[QUOTE="Moonlight-AB"]

[QUOTE="DaddyDC650"]It's only a matter of time before 360 fanboys switch over to the darkside. They will never admit this though. =PDaddyDC650

:| you can still rule with an iron fist without being dark

T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 T-Zone
Member since 2003 • 4525 Posts
Even I converted a 360 player to the Ps3, now all my Step-brother does is Play RFOM ONline...
snickerscd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 snickerscd
Member since 2004 • 888 Posts
Ok I basically had the 360 since launch...a month later actually...and decided it was time to go and play some real games...like my old ps2 games...and PS3 games...even though many aren't out right now . I got Resistance and Getting Untold Legends tomorrow...anyway....The oh my god part is that I play on a Standard 30 inch magnavox tv...was saving for the HDTV...but decided to get the ps3 instead...but back to my point...right out of the box...updated and everything...system looks amazing...but to my point again...I hooked up everything and popped in resistance and I am totally blown away by this...it looks...and even sounds a billion times better than my 360 did it sooo weird...even my dvds look sharper and sound incredible...and like I said this is just a standard TV...Its amazing how this sounds and looks...I can only imagine what its going to look like on an HDTV which I will be getting in about 2 months now...but I am def excited for this and have no regrets at all...I feel PS3 is a gaming machine for gamers....unlike xbox 360...and wii is for...parties. This is want I needed, I am finally excited for games and I haven't been in like 2 years...I wasn't even this excited for my 360....I will never go back to MS no matter what, the first 4 seconds of gameplay...sound and visuals made me realize what I wanted and got. Oh and I get to play Kingdom hearts and other great ps2 classics...anyway...I am just really excited...Its..amazing. damiencore
I smell "paid-for-poster" all over this guy.
DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaddyDC650
[QUOTE="DaddyDC650"][QUOTE="Moonlight-AB"]

[QUOTE="DaddyDC650"]It's only a matter of time before 360 fanboys switch over to the darkside. They will never admit this though. =PMoonlight-AB

:| you can still rule with an iron fist without being dark

Yeah you could but being part of the darkside sounds so much cooler! =P
nish14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nish14
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts

So which division of Sony's PR do you work in again?pimperjones

LOL! I agree, I own both but hate fanboys for either or any system.

damiencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 damiencore
Haha no really I am not being paid to post anything. Its just that I used to play games alot when I had my ps2 and now I am finally back with playstation it feels like old times. I am just that excited to finally enjoy games again. I haven't in awhile but I know what you mean it does sound like a paid post, I assure I am not.
DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaddyDC650

[QUOTE="pimperjones"]So which division of Sony's PR do you work in again?nish14

LOL! I agree, I own both but hate fanboys for either or any system.

If you hate fanboys so much, why bother visiting the system wars forum mang?
snickerscd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 snickerscd
Member since 2004 • 888 Posts

Haha no really I am not being paid to post anything. Its just that I used to play games alot when I had my ps2 and now I am finally back with playstation it feels like old times. I am just that excited to finally enjoy games again. I haven't in awhile but I know what you mean it does sound like a paid post, I assure I am not. damiencore
... So you're excited that you can play PS2 games again?

...Are you a graphics whore?

bondps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 bondps3
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts
ps3 is definatly the better choice although 360 is better in some ways, it still is not as good as the ps3.
ch2423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ch2423
Member since 2004 • 1978 Posts
Well, you broke rule 1 of gaming.  Never sell or trade in a system.  You would've been better off just saving the money and getting the PS3 to go along with your 360.  Actually, after re-reading your post I do not believe you even owned an Xbox 360.  I call BS to everything you said.  
damiencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 damiencore
No stupid, I am just excited to play games again...yes I am excited to play ps2 games. and no I am not a graphics whore but compared to what the 360 look on my normal tv...its a huge difference and !...the games coming out for ps3 like lair and MGS4 just don't compare to anything in my mind.
Teeth_Mummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Teeth_Mummy
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts
Well, you broke rule 1 of gaming.  Never sell or trade in a system.  You would've been better off just saving the money and getting the PS3 to go along with your 360.  Actually, after re-reading your post I do not believe you even owned an Xbox 360.  I call BS to everything you said.  ch2423
I agree completely.
ch2423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ch2423
oh and for the dude who didn't believe i owned a 360...check my gamertag...The Omen 84....9505 gamerscore.. I didn't delete my account yet so have fun checking it out toolbag.damiencore

Nah, still don't believe you. I can pull gamertags out of my rear too. Watch...RadicalSniper99 8700 gps. JUNK1E 4900 gps...see, it's easy.
Teeth_Mummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Teeth_Mummy
[QUOTE="damiencore"]oh and for the dude who didn't believe i owned a 360...check my gamertag...The Omen 84....9505 gamerscore.. I didn't delete my account yet so have fun checking it out toolbag.ch2423

Nah, still don't believe you. I can pull gamertags out of my rear too. Watch...RadicalSniper99 8700 gps. JUNK1E 4900 gps...see, it's easy.

Where'd you get that PSN ID tag in your sig?
Gamefisher86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Gamefisher86
Member since 2004 • 588 Posts

[QUOTE="ch2423"]Well, you broke rule 1 of gaming.  Never sell or trade in a system.  You would've been better off just saving the money and getting the PS3 to go along with your 360.  Actually, after re-reading your post I do not believe you even owned an Xbox 360.  I call BS to everything you said.  Teeth_Mummy
I agree completely.

so there are rules now?  when did you make these rules and started ruling with an Iron fist?  last time I checked SONY was doing that!  lol  just admit it you are mad that ms fanboys are being converted so na na na na na na!  (this is my mature side)

jcloverboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jcloverboy
Member since 2003 • 1669 Posts

I own both systems (all actually if you wanna throw in the Wii).

And I find that both the 360 and PS3 are great. I want to see more exclusive titles on the PS3 though because of things like achievements 360 is the better multiplatform option for me.

Teeth_Mummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Teeth_Mummy
I don't own, and never plan to own an Xbox 360. I just think you're being an idiot.
ch2423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ch2423
[QUOTE="ch2423"][QUOTE="damiencore"]oh and for the dude who didn't believe i owned a 360...check my gamertag...The Omen 84....9505 gamerscore.. I didn't delete my account yet so have fun checking it out toolbag.Teeth_Mummy

Where'd you get that PSN ID tag in your sig?

I made it using Paint. I wanted a PS3 one to match the other. 
ch2423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ch2423

[QUOTE="Teeth_Mummy"][QUOTE="ch2423"]Well, you broke rule 1 of gaming. Never sell or trade in a system. You would've been better off just saving the money and getting the PS3 to go along with your 360. Actually, after re-reading your post I do not believe you even owned an Xbox 360. I call BS to everything you said. Gamefisher86

I agree completely.

so there are rules now? when did you make these rules and started ruling with an Iron fist? last time I checked SONY was doing that! lol just admit it you are mad that ms fanboys are being converted so na na na na na na! (this is my mature side)

I didn't make the rules, they have been in place for some time.  People can convert all they want, they will just lose out in the end.  When you own all the systems you can play any game you want and don't have to defend one system like it's your savior.  You can objectively look at the pros and cons of each platform and not have to worry about trolling or being a fanboy.  The sad thing is that the majority of people on these boards fail to see this. 
Gamefisher86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gamefisher86
Member since 2004 • 588 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamefisher86"]

[QUOTE="Teeth_Mummy"][QUOTE="ch2423"]Well, you broke rule 1 of gaming. Never sell or trade in a system. You would've been better off just saving the money and getting the PS3 to go along with your 360. Actually, after re-reading your post I do not believe you even owned an Xbox 360. I call BS to everything you said. ch2423

I agree completely.

so there are rules now? when did you make these rules and started ruling with an Iron fist? last time I checked SONY was doing that! lol just admit it you are mad that ms fanboys are being converted so na na na na na na! (this is my mature side)

I didn't make the rules, they have been in place for some time.  People can convert all they want, they will just lose out in the end.  When you own all the systems you can play any game you want and don't have to defend one system like it's your savior.  You can objectively look at the pros and cons of each platform and not have to worry about trolling or being a fanboy.  The sad thing is that the majority of people on these boards fail to see this. 

yes I see your point but I still fail to see rules.  From what I have come to learn if you want something then get it even if it means some sort of sacrifice.  Well to a point anyway.  I was actually the same way when the playstation came out.  I traded in my sega genises+CD and all my games to get it.  Yes i should have waited but on the other hand I enjoyed the system for long enough.  Besides I had a SNES so it wasnt a big loss.  I did it with an X360 to get ps3 kinda.  I bought a 360 and played it for two week and took it back to walmart and just paid the difference for a ps3.  I think that was the best move I made.  while yes some gamers go by strict codes (i think that this is ridicules) I personally am not that big of a gamer.  Yes I love games but I love doing outdoor activities even more. But inshort I still fail to see the sinificance of any "rules."  It should be "if you wnat to do something do it!"   eh but im wasting my time. Â