I can't believe there's no chat in Killzone Multiplayer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I love the game, and am a longtime fan of the series, but as far as I can tell, Guerilla completely omitted any chat capability for Shadow Fall. I went online and checked out the Killzone forums and it seems that there is no word if they are going to add it in later. I just find it surprising considering the fact that Sony included a mic in every PS4 box, but their biggest 1st party game doesn't utilize the feature at all. Just FYI. Game is solid as hell, just no chat.

enriK233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By enriK233
Member since 2009 • 543 Posts

Thank God! But seriously, put a mute option or... Text chat should be inlcuded though because there is no way to communicate at all with other players in the game. It's strange since I am coming from PC. At first it felt like I was in SP

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I thought it was really weird that they left it out. But it doesn't change how much I love the mp.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Wait, there is no voice chat in Killzone Shadow Fall?

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

I may be remembering incorrectly but I think Killzone 3 didn't have chat when it released either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

No chat? I haven't tried the MP yet.

Tbh... I kind of don't mind lol. I get sick of people who turn on their mic and never talk, or people who do talk and are just annoying.

Can you do a party chat on the PS4? You're better off just doing that, and talking to buddies as you play.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@Ovirew said:

No chat? I haven't tried the MP yet.

Tbh... I kind of don't mind lol. I get sick of people who turn on their mic and never talk, or people who do talk and are just annoying.

Can you do a party chat on the PS4? You're better off just doing that, and talking to buddies as you play.

None of my real world friends will have a PS4 for years... if ever. Also, while it's great that you don't mind, people who play exclusively with pick-up groups like myself will never have to opportunity to make any Killzone friends as I did last gen. It sucks.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8  Edited By sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

I was wondering why no one was talking when I got on an online match. Now I know. Really weird decision by guerilla to omit voice chat.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Just wondering, is party chat up and running at this point?

Also, it is kind of lame they don't have voice chat at launch for the big, exclusive online shooter.

calducce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10 calducce
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Honestly, this isn't the only thing lame about Killzone. The graphics are incredible. The gameplay makes me very sad.

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

The only good thing about Killzone Shadow Fall is the graphics. Killzone 2 was a phenomenal game that was unique had a dark, gritty atmosphere. This one is just soulless. This isn't Killzone. I don't know what they were thinking. I could stomach the no chat thing if the actual game was good. Its the Star Wars Episode I of game sequels.