I already have a PSP, should I get a Vita?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bqefhpasdgpihw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bqefhpasdgpihw
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts

Do you think PSVita is much better than PSP, in terms of functions/resolution and games library?

I have a PSP, and can't decide whether to pick up a PSVita. I've heard so many not so favourable remarks about Vita, what do you think?

In terms of games, I like to play JRPG games, and the classic ones I can download from PSN. But not being able to play my current PSP games is one big disadvantage of owning a Vita (if I can't find many good Vita games in the near future).

Thanks

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Do you think PSVita is much better than PSP, in terms of functions/resolution and games library?

I have a PSP, and can't decide whether to pick up a PSVita. I've heard so many not so favourable remarks about Vita, what do you think?

In terms of games, I like to play JRPG games, and the classic ones I can download from PSN. But not being able to play my current PSP games is one big disadvantage of owning a Vita (if I can't find many good Vita games in the near future).

Thanks

bqefhpasdgpihw
The VITA doesn't have much for JRPGs as opposed to a PSP but I keep hearing good things about Persona 4.. There's also disgaea 3 for the VITA. I'm sure you've heard of Ragnarok Odyssey as well (action JRPG?). If money is no real issue for you.. then why not. Is there even a particular title you're waiting for on the VITA or something you really want that's already released?
danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 danjin44
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts
 All the reason u need.
bqefhpasdgpihw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bqefhpasdgpihw
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts

Thanks for this info, Persona 4 does look great. Has PSP been discontinued by the way? In terms of power/functions etc, do you think Vita is much better than PSP?

I have quite a few PSP games, but all on UMD, I don't suppose there's any conversion into the new format or digitize them?

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Thanks for this info, Persona 4 does look great. Has PSP been discontinued by the way? In terms of power/functions etc, do you think Vita is much better than PSP?

I have quite a few PSP games, but all on UMD, I don't suppose there's any conversion into the new format or digitize them?

bqefhpasdgpihw
AFAIK, there's already a way to hack the VITA in order for you to play your owned PSP UMDs.. You'd have to convert those to PSP ISOs first though. Sorry.. I dont know much of the details concerning the procedure for such but you can always use youtube and Google for that. Or go to Wololo.net They still sell the PSP 3000 and there's still going to be at least 2-3 more games going to be released to the west.. Black Rock Shooter is one. Ragnarok Tactics for the PSP was also released a more than a week back. You can always buy digital from now on though if you want to save yourself from hacking the VITA for PSP purposes.. If you hack your VITA, you may not be able to get online during the next VITA patch though.
shinigami-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shinigami-uk
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts
depends how much money you have tbh. vita is clearly more powerful and the screen makes older games look amazingly gorgeous. however, the only jrpg type games available is disgaea3, persona 4 and ragnarok odyssey. if you are from europe then persona 4 isn't out til next year and ragnarok doesnt even have a release date. if you are tight on money then there isnt actually a reason for you to buy a vita yet.