How to Save the VITA: Give it Android Access

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NBKNAS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NBKNAS
Member since 2003 • 98 Posts

Since They first announced the Vita, I thought this could be the perfect console.

I really think that if they gave best of both worlds, this thing would kill! Especially at the price range. Imagine having the option of Playstation Now, Vita Games and that you can open an app that gives you access to Google Play.

Sony already have a relationship with google as far as the smartphone business. Imagine having access to all those games, Apps on this device. Would any under 200$ tablet match what the Vita can offer??

Sony concentrates on making great high end vita games while the fun touch games will be provided by Android(and some good shooters that would translate well with the dual analog sticks)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Awful

1. None of the games are optimized for the Vita.

2. There's so few Vitas in the world that even if you doubled the number it's still pathetically outnumbered by even middle of the line phones.

3. No one is going to waste money doing R&D and follow that up with support.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

It would be like trying to save the Titanic with a cork.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

@raugutcon said:

It would be like trying to save the Titanic with a cork.

Holy .... Thats one way to put it haha.

TRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TRPG
Member since 2015 • 271 Posts

Android ftw.

final_lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 final_lap
Member since 2006 • 388 Posts

Someone who wants an Android device would never choose one that wasn't designed to held vertically, and which has buttons/sticks that would never be used while running Android. It would basically be the ugliest tablet on the market, its sole feature being that it can play Vita games, which is a feature nobody would care about unless they already were a gamer.

Anyway I like Android but I already have an Android tablet. I have a Vita for games, so it would be nice to see it excel at that.

"Sony concentrates on making great high end vita games" <-- and how exactly would Android help them accomplish this? You make it sound like Sony has their hands tied making casual games for the Vita, and are too busy to do anything else. Even if that were true, who's to say they will start making high end games once Android is supported by Vita? Alternately, what's stopping them from making high end games right now if they wanted to? Hint Hint, Sony is focusing on the PS4. High end home consoles are the lever of the gaming industry, while handhelds are left to rot.