how do you hook up ps3 online???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bringdaruckus (53 posts) -
i just got my ps3 i want to hook up online
#2 Posted by casey7672 (5348 posts) -
You plug the CAT 5e cable from the PS3 to the modem. Then you go to the XMB and go all the way to the left and create a user. Then you go all the way to the right and click sign up for a PSN account and do so.
#3 Posted by casey7672 (5348 posts) -

Make sure that you go to the Playstation Store afterwards and download some wallpaper for your PS3 after you sign up.

Welcom3 aboard, enjoy!

#4 Posted by WraithRSW (140 posts) -
Use the cable included to hook up to a modem or router. If you have a wireless router, just run it off that.
#5 Posted by PSP107 (11670 posts) -

You plug the CAT 5e cable from the PS3 to the modem. Then you go to the XMB and go all the way to the left and create a user. Then you go all the way to the right and click sign up for a PSN account and do so. casey7672

Its lame Sony still doesnt have those Pre paid cards yet here.

#6 Posted by XBASX (643 posts) -
Or you can read the damn manual.
#7 Posted by dukess882002 (78 posts) -
What if your college dorm has wireless connection could you connect like that?
#8 Posted by kopkiller (132 posts) -
if you have a wireless internet then all you have to do is go on your ps3 and click look for networks find your network type you password and the rest is pretty straight forward
#9 Posted by SolidSpartainX3 (3 posts) -
I need help. When I try to hook it up, it says: INTERNET CONNECTION........... + connected IP ADDRESS................................... - failed ive been trying to hook up "Metal Gear Online" for about 2 months. please help.
#10 Posted by ratjr007 (1 posts) -
i have a ps3 and i wanted to get online i have a 100 ft ethernet cord i plugged it in my ps3 and the back of my computer and it wont work every time i go to test for connection it says ip address: complete internet connection :failed, then it says dns error whats that?
#11 Posted by hairless_ape (95 posts) -
i have a ps3 and i wanted to get online i have a 100 ft ethernet cord i plugged it in my ps3 and the back of my computer and it wont work every time i go to test for connection it says ip address: complete internet connection :failed, then it says dns error whats that?ratjr007
Ummm...because you need to hook your PS3 up to your router or modem, not your computer.
#12 Posted by TraXxX (1820 posts) -

Ethernet cable or wireless if you have a router.