Hori PS Vita screen protector vs. Sony screen protector

This topic is locked from further discussion.

halogamer2145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 halogamer2145
Member since 2009 • 161 Posts

I was about to order a screeen protector, but I can't decide between the HORI one and the Sony one. I know the HORI one coveres the whole system, but I'm not sure aboiut the quality. The protector might also get in the way when playing with the dpad. But on the other hand you can't go wrong with Sony. Which one do you think is better?

HORI Screen Protector:

Sony Screen Protector:

Kusimekaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kusimekaa
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts

That Hori one looks stupid imo, way too noticeable. Much prefer the sony one, as you won't even be able to notice it when it's on.

halogamer2145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 halogamer2145
Member since 2009 • 161 Posts

That's what I was thinking, but it also protects the whole thing. Another bad thing about the HORI one is that airbubles would be hard to get out. Hard decision to make. Is there anyone with a Vita that might have already tried out both?

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Regardless, you'll have to deal with smudges and end up wiping them down anyway. For me, I don't mind scratching the plastic from rubbing but the screen getting scratched is unacceptable. So long as the film protector can ward them off, I'm fine with just the screen shield.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

You may want to look into the ones that includes a back protector to prevent scratching to the touchpad at the back.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

That Hori one looks stupid imo, way too noticeable. Much prefer the sony one, as you won't even be able to notice it when it's on.

Kusimekaa
For some reason I don't think the actual product looks like that. Just a photo emphasizing on what areas are covered. (Gloss and edges look "shopped')
AlexChoco123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AlexChoco123
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Thats just to show the fit. Its not actually that way in real life. Trust me, I have one. Look on Amazon, you can see some actual pictures there. Just search "Hori Screen Film for PS Vita".
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Hori is quality, and you can get them for a good price on amazon. The way they have them put on the screen protector is some what unique, and almost impossible to mess up.