Hori Fighting stick for ps3 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jp6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jp6666
Member since 2003 • 1271 Posts
Apparently , hori released this stick in NA, but appart from ebgames.com and gamestop.com and ebay, where can we get it ? will local ebgames stores have it ? im looking to get one in canada but i can't find it anywhere and if i order online from a different country its gonna be like 30 to 40 $ more expensive.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts
*checks* Okay, really wish I'd known about that before I ordered it from Japan for nearly $80 after shipping...granted, at the retail level, the Japanese are paying about $10 less than we are, but this is still a great find. It might find its way to local stores if it's being sold online over here. It's a very solid stick - basically an eight-button clone of the Xbox 360's DOA4 stick. Japan offers two higher-quality alternatives; the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 and the Virtua Stick High Grade, but then you're going up into $90 territory before shipping kicks in, and with the HFS3 finding its way stateside, it may only be a matter of time before we get the better alternatives, as well.
jp6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jp6666
Member since 2003 • 1271 Posts
btw, is the sega stick gonna be able to play others games like Street fighter or soul caliber ? i mean the sega stick has 6 buttons and the hori sticks have 8 buttons, why is that ?
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts
btw, is the sega stick gonna be able to play others games like Street fighter or soul caliber ? i mean the sega stick has 6 buttons and the hori sticks have 8 buttons, why is that ?jp6666
It's just all about building to taste. Some of the ultra-hardcore VF players only wanted three butons on the Virtua Stick High Grade. The only way these sticks wouldn't work for other fighters would be if those fighters didn't include button configuration options.