High pitch frequency noise while PS4 turned off, does yours?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chickandipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chickandipper
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Now before anybody mentions it NO my PS4 isn't set to the option where it maintains power to USB ports whilst off. All my settings are set so that there should be NO noise from my console whilst off, however I hear a high pitched frequency when my console is switched off and only when I unplug it from the mains does this sound completely stop. Reading online some other people have experienced the same although its hard to find topics as most people complain about a humming noise whilst their PS4 still provides power (WHICH MINE IS NOT). So my question is does yours do the same? I'm on the verge of selling and returning to a Microsoft console because this issue has literally made me lose sleep! I wake up in the night and the pitch has got so much louder that I have to get out of bed and unplug the mains! I do however love everything else about it but I don't think a console with such an issue is worth it anymore its actually depressing me since I'm a student and paid so much for a bit of noisy, distracting junk. I also rang up my local sony store and asked whether they deal with playstation and they gave me a rude and brief 'NO!' without any further help at all. Yes I know I can send my console off but what off the online I've just paid for? Now I have sit around with hardly anything to do. This is frustrating! ANYBODY IN A SIMILAR BOAT?