help please, wont fit screen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dupuis2020 (1316 posts) -

I have me ps3 set up at 1080p and plugged in with hdmi. my menu looks right but when i put in a game like just cause 2, The game dosn't fit the screen. it cuts off about an inch on each side. i checked all the ps3's settings but everythings set right.

#2 Posted by darkassassin911 (609 posts) -

I have me ps3 set up at 1080p and plugged in with hdmi. my menu looks right but when i put in a game like just cause 2, The game dosn't fit the screen. it cuts off about an inch on each side. i checked all the ps3's settings but everythings set right.

dupuis2020

Is your tv too zoomed in, try changing the widescreen settings on your tv

#3 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

dupuis2020
I have the same problem whilst playing RDR and a few others. the problem is with your tv not your ps3. it's called overscan. I have 2 tvs; a samsung 32" and a 48" Baird TV. the samsung suffers from overscan and the baird does not. I've yet to find a solution to the problem to be honest.