Heay Rain or Little Big Planet 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Wisely321 (686 posts) -

I know heavy rain and LBP 2 is a rather strange combination, since there seems to be nothing similar between them (except they are both ps3 games :)), so thats why Ive problem deciding lol

ok, actually, I couldve bought thsese 2 games with no problem, but there will be too much games coming out next year!!! Im afraid my pocket money will become at least -US$100 when it comes to 2012

so I decide to choose either heavy rain or LBP 2 to save some money. one is released while another is releasing very soon. I think we have a good idea how good/bad they are (IMO) so help me to choose to buying which one!!

Heavy Rain OR LBP 2???

#2 Posted by KurupSoldr (4094 posts) -

LBP2 will have so much more replay value thus saving you money for other games down the road, you will beat heavy rain and then want something else pretty quickly IMO. I would not get HR until its around the 20$ and you need a game for the summer or something

#3 Posted by gamez_are_good (210 posts) -

buy little big planet 2 theres so much more to do on it

#4 Posted by JudgementEden (2817 posts) -
Heavy Rain is an incredibly enjoyable experience. It is one of my favorite PS3 games to date, literally. If you like getting caught up in a story, you cant go wrong with it. I bought it at release and dont regret it one bit. There is not a story as gripping on the PS3 in my opinion. I am also excited for LBP2 though, and I cannot wait to buy it. It seems you have so much more freedom in this one compared to the first (Which I skipped after taking part in the Beta). I recommend getting both. Dont listen to those two above me, do not miss out on Heavy Rain.
#5 Posted by Jbller3 (824 posts) -
I say definitely get em both but buy LBP2 and rent Heavy Rain.
#6 Posted by HailCaesarHail (814 posts) -
Buy both, Heavy Rain is my own personal GOTY. LBP2 is sure to be great.
#7 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

I dislike Little Big Planet completely, so naturally I'd go with Heavy Rain, it's a worthy PS3 game that is completely epic.

#8 Posted by BonlyOne (26 posts) -

For me LBP 2.

#9 Posted by SolidSiems (314 posts) -

Buy both, Heavy Rain is my own personal GOTY. LBP2 is sure to be great.HailCaesarHail

Same here...

The thing with HR is that it sucks You in so much the game ends really fast :D

Its short, has low replay value, after beating it twice have not touched it, but OH BOY the expierience was GOTY incredible.

I recommend You go buy HR now, game not to be missed ( maybe find it cheap).

LBP2 on the other hand will be played for many years, cant go wrong with that.

BUY HEAVY RAIN !!! XD

#10 Posted by Sophia (565 posts) -

Are you in the US? There are currently deals on amazon for Heavy Rain, I've seen it get to like $40. So you'll be saving some money there... if you don't mind waiting, prices of games will always drop within a year.

But like everyone's been saying, HR is a wonderful and totally different experience that is worth it completely. But there is very little replay value. LBP2 on the other hand if it's just as good as the first, you'll have a blast for many more hours. So it depends on what you find worth it... the amount of time, or the quality?

#11 Posted by Texas2089 (16429 posts) -

I dislike Little Big Planet completely, so naturally I'd go with Heavy Rain, it's a worthy PS3 game that is completely epic.

Venom_Raptor
Agreed. LBP is the most boring game I have ever played. Heavy Rain was amazing so its the obvious recommendation from me as well.
#12 Posted by Dogswithguns (10688 posts) -
I wanna get Heavy Rain myself.... but I will get it later. too much Xmas spending already.
#13 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5639 posts) -
Heavy Rain is like no other game... You have to experience it.
#14 Posted by NeuroToxino (313 posts) -

Heavy rain for an epic experience. LBP2 for long lasting fun!

#15 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -
Heavy Rain has horrible characters and a horrible story but it can be really funny. No reason play it more than once. You should get Little Big Planet.

Heavy Rain is like no other game... You have to experience it.

Indigo Prophecy
#16 Posted by FrogMan5000 (21 posts) -
Buy both.
#17 Posted by Wisely321 (686 posts) -
The story mode of LBP is a bit boring (IMO) and you have to collect all prize bubbles, ace all levels in order to get the platinum which is rather annoying :( but sackboy is cute, and creating levels can be very fun :D but since everyone is saying that playing HR is an epic experience, maybe I should put it in my first priority and get LBP 2 later when Ive got some money :)