HDMI black screen :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ejstrup
Member since 2005 • 2192 Posts

Ok, HDMI has been working fine for me all along, but this morning when I turned on my TV, it just wouldn't work. I'm getting nothing but a black screen now. I've made sure that the cable is firmly plugged in the TV and ps3. I've tried restarting it by holding the finger on the button for 5-6 secs to reset the screen settings or whatever. Everything works fine with SCART, but when I try to change the settings to HDMI, it stops working again. :(

Anyone had a similar problem with their ps3? :(

MattBrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MattBrian
Member since 2004 • 625 Posts
it may be your tv... you might want to check that out, i had similiar probs with my component output with my itvn box
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
there might be a tv setting on your tv that might be switch for another signal.
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts
HDMI is known for this crap.. its a very iffy connection type. Not much you can do.. I have a DVD player that uses HDMI, same crap happens every once in a while.
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts
yeah that has happened to me once before. i just made sure that my cable was plugged in ok and then restarted my ps3 and it hasn't happened since.
bruce-leroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bruce-leroy
Member since 2006 • 1325 Posts
there are a couple tv's that have been reported to have intermittent handshake issues with other hdmi components especially 1.3. first thing to do is to connect another hdmi capable device to the same port so you can determin if the problem is the ps3 or the set or the wire. if another device works fine with the same cable then use your standard hook up that came with the ps3 and plug it up. then go under system settings and make sure hdmi is selected on the menue. note: remember to keep the hdmi plugged in at the same time while using the standard conections so it can detect the tv. once the settings are set, remove the standard conections and then select hdmi on the tv. then shut down the tv and maually shut down the ps3. restart the tv and then the ps3. the ps3 will then do a auto set up for the resolution of the tv. hope this helps. if it doesnt then feel free to call the manufacturers of the tv and sony
04JETTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 04JETTA
Member since 2005 • 5769 Posts
its ur tv its not accepting the signal y i dont kno may want to call customer service for w/e make it is
Voideh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Voideh
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I had the same problem. But myn was simple. Scart worked fine. But that wasn't good enough for me so I put the HDMI cable in. All I got was a blank screen. Didn't think it would work so I pressed a button on my remote called Source, scrolled down the list to HDMI and it worked. Pretty stupid wasnt I? :) I use scart to watch TV, VGA for my PC and HDMI for the PS3.
Voideh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Voideh
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Oh yeh. Also I went into the settings on the PS3. Display settings it was. Then I think it was the top option. It was on scart so I changed that to HDMI and then switched to the HDMI channel and then it worked. Goto display settings and try it out, and try and find a HDMI channel on your TV.
ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ejstrup
Hmm.. it's a pretty new TV, so it should work fine, but who knows.. it's a sony KDL 46x2000. Thanks for all the replies, I still haven't found a solution. I'm planning to go visit the sony shop tomorrow and hope they have some answers.
Oh yeh. Also I went into the settings on the PS3. Display settings it was. Then I think it was the top option. It was on scart so I changed that to HDMI and then switched to the HDMI channel and then it worked. Goto display settings and try it out, and try and find a HDMI channel on your TV.Voideh
I already tried that a million times, but still nothing ;)
ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ejstrup

Apparently the HDMI cable was faulty. The guy at the shop says it happens to approximately 1 out of 5 HDMI cables :/

I got a new one and everything works now though :)

GamerAddict23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GamerAddict23
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I have this problem. But when I put the other cable in the one with the yellow, white and red connectors the playstation doesn't show up on av. I've tried it on the telly i used before the one with the hdmi cable and its still not working. The playstations on. On the one with the hdmi cable the hdmi screen is just black and on the av channel it doesnt work, as it did before. Any ideas ?!
Avatar image for AugustBurnedRed
AugustBurnedRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AugustBurnedRed
Member since 2010 • 165 Posts

I have this problem. But when I put the other cable in the one with the yellow, white and red connectors the playstation doesn't show up on av. I've tried it on the telly i used before the one with the hdmi cable and its still not working. The playstations on. On the one with the hdmi cable the hdmi screen is just black and on the av channel it doesnt work, as it did before. Any ideas ?!GamerAddict23

You have a faulty PS3. Exchange for a new one.

M-Yu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#14 M-Yu
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

I got the black screen yesterday. I bought my console in November 2007. It still works and I clean it every other day.

Up until last night, I got the black screen. I tried resetting the settings and so far nothing worked. I need help. I made sure the cable is plugged in and I got no signal.

What do I do?