H-Hour *first look at Alpha footage on UE4*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

This game has come a long way, and much more is on the way. Everything from the environment to the soundtrack is spot on with me and this is early Alpha stage of just the interior of a single church within the map Sismus. The attention to detail is awesome for a shooter, and when you take into account that H-Hour is an Indie game..... amazing. Not all indie's are cut from the same cloth after all.

If you would like to further the discussion come join in at sofstudios.com sometime. Just tell them Wit sent you or shoot me a PM :)

Does this early footage do anything for anyone else out there? I'm more stoked than ever. Tactical shooters are making a comeback and H-Hour will be leading the way.

Here are two more links for those interested in seeing more:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/01/h-hour-worlds-elite-unreal-engine-4-pc-ps4/

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/01/crackdown-fortnite-best-unreal-engine-4-games/

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I like the way this game looks and loved socom series but Leary about free play game. I just made a post about microtransaction games.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

Looks cool, but I need to see more than just the church, some gameplay would be nice. I realize its very early, for being an indie it's something I'm going to watch however.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WitIsWisdom

@ewalthour said:

I like the way this game looks and loved socom series but Leary about free play game. I just made a post about microtransaction games.

It isn't a free to play game. It will be sold with a minimum of 6 MP maps at launch and will have a minimum of 4 DLC packs over two years. All said and done 22+ maps are what is expected. All sold like any other shooter out there that is not a free to play.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@WitIsWisdom: well that good to know. So it will cost $60 or what? When is estimate release this yr or next? Sounds a whole lot more interesting. I did see videos a ways back and has similar feel of movement like socom characte rd which is a good thing? Thanks for info.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WitIsWisdom

@ewalthour said:

@WitIsWisdom: well that good to know. So it will cost $60 or what? When is estimate release this yr or next? Sounds a whole lot more interesting. I did see videos a ways back and has similar feel of movement like socom characte rd which is a good thing? Thanks for info.

No problem.

A price point has not been set yet.. I wish I had more information for you on that front. Right now the game is scheduled for early 2015. All the previous videos were shot in UE3. The video I posted shows a major improvement with UE4.

DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

So they've switched engines now? WTH...

I know the people behind this mean well (I was a huge SOCOM nerd)---but I have zero hopes for this game.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WitIsWisdom

@DuaIFace said:

So they've switched engines now? WTH...

I know the people behind this mean well (I was a huge SOCOM nerd)---but I have zero hopes for this game.

They upgraded from UE3 to UE4... If you were a huge SOCOM fan and have zero hopes for this game it is clear you haven't done your homework. Everyone that has had hands on with the game say it is VERY similar to the original 2 games and MUCH better already (in early Alpha) than the last 3 installments of SOCOM ever were. It is being made by the same team that made the first two games.