This topic is locked from further discussion.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/323797/gta-v-is-official-but-is-it-set-in-real-world-la/

What are you guys thinking?

cosmicwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 cosmicwave
Member since 2005 • 1237 Posts

hmm.. interesting. are they going back to vice city? anyway, all will be revealed next week :D

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MusashiSensi

That would be cool to hit Vice City again. I would like to hit another country (UK, Japan, China, etc) places where there are huge figures in organized crime.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
gta died years ago at this point rockstar is beating a dead horse but if they do bring back vice city i would have to think hard about this
MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

Even though GTA IV was a letdown imo, I'm always excited to hear about a new GTA. :) Good news.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts
I never wholly liked GTA (nor RDR) as a series, though I did enjoy GTA 2 and Vice City a hell of a lot. I think it must be because we get so many sequels released in almost a yearly basis, that I'm pretty hyped for another GTA. It'll all depend on the setting to me.
jubeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 jubeio
Member since 2006 • 1578 Posts

That would be cool to hit Vice City again. I would like to hit another country (UK, Japan, China, etc) places where there are huge figures in organized crime.

MusashiSensi
*another couuntry, UK on the list, where they have huge figures of crime* I live in the UK thanks for that -_-
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

The last GTA I played was Vice City, I believe it's time I give the franchise another try.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MusashiSensi

[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

jubeio

*another couuntry, UK on the list, where they have huge figures of crime* I live in the UK thanks for that -_-

Did I offend you?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I care but not a whole lot. We're not getting a completely mental San Andreas-type GTA again from the sounds of it but LA could be fun. At least they aren't rehashing old locations.
Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts
@ People In UK, Japan, China wouldn't even feel like GTA imo, as for Vice City or LA, been there done that? I'd like it to be in the US, but not in the "same old same old" city again, and bring back small towns and rural areas for road trips and awesomeness.
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
Eh I was hoping for a new city outside the US... Eh whatever hope the game will be more like San Andreas.
HomerS742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HomerS742
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Vice City and San Andreas were like second homes for me on PS2. Hoping they can come up with something better than IV this time around... Although I always had fun riding the motorcycle after hitting the bars. XD
Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Deaho
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

I want it to be like san andreas ,best edition for gta series

moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 moej88
Member since 2007 • 799 Posts

I wish it would be back in Vice City but it wouldnt be the same unless it was the 80's.

A trailer is supposed to surface next week but I'm hoping they will actually show something. Usually the first trailers of GTA end up being a logo with just a soundtrack in the background -_-''

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
washington dc? the green v and the way the word five is written kinda reminds me of money
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
The best GTAs were the birds eye view ones on p.c. back in the days.
Random-Axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Random-Axe
Member since 2011 • 112 Posts
Excited to see the new trailer. Great news to wake up to.
MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts
WHOOOO!! I've been anticipating an announcement. Loved the series for over 10 years can't wait for the fifth!! I think ballad of gay tony was a lot more fun than the main GTA IV, so hopefully they take some elements from that, while going back to the series roots. I mean really, GTA IV had NO GARAGES? That's a staple of your own franchise that you left out, Rockstar, jesus.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MusashiSensi

I heard that De Niro is in talks for doing some voice work. Hmmmm.....

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

The best GTAs were the birds eye view ones on p.c. back in the days.H_M_1

no

moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 moej88

Ok here we go:

Check the following link: :)

http://kotaku.com/5853279/

Random-Axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Random-Axe
Member since 2011 • 112 Posts

Ok here we go:

Check the following link: :)

http://kotaku.com/5853279/

moej88
Nice!! 8)
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#24 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

I can't say I'm surprised and I'm always excited about news of a new Grand Theft Auto as"Grand Theft Auto" IS Rockstar in my opinon. Now, "Grand Theft Auto IV" left a bad taste in the mouth of a lot of fans (I thought it was decent, but there could have been A LOTmore to it with some improvements in different aspects)so hopefully Rockstar willtake the criticisms to heart and make the needed changes(I have my own list with too many things to mention here, but my number #1 is the whole "relationship" stuff with other characters. I don't think it's needed as I don't want to go bowling, play darts, or date or be bothered by other characters to do so). I also think the series needs tohave a moredarker/serious edge.

As for location I've always wanted a Grand Theft Auto setin Asia, but I have a feeling it will be going back toLos Santos. Definitely know a lot more with that trailer which I'm looking forward to.

ipumpmygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ipumpmygun
Member since 2007 • 456 Posts

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/323797/gta-v-is-official-but-is-it-set-in-real-world-la/

What are you guys thinking?

MusashiSensi

Seems like they're heading for L.A. Similar to San Andreas. We can all assume they're doing San Andreas again, but in a smaller form with maybe extra islands as dlc?

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

@ People In UK, Japan, China wouldn't even feel like GTA imo, as for Vice City or LA, been there done that? I'd like it to be in the US, but not in the "same old same old" city again, and bring back small towns and rural areas for road trips and awesomeness.Kane04

:/ guessing you never played GTA london on the Ps1 ¬_¬.

As for the next game, hopefully they finally get some good voice actor and stop with the rubbish cliché Gangster type characters. Also as good as a GTA game in a none English speaking country ( like Janpan and China which have been mentioned ) may sound, hearing them speak in anything but their language would be terrible and i doubt they would make them speak in their native tounge and it would be awefull. Anyway i'll judge it when i see it :P

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

[QUOTE="H_M_1"]The best GTAs were the birds eye view ones on p.c. back in the days.bultje112

no

Yes
moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 moej88

Judging by the wat people are saying that there is reference to the 5 dollar bill (US). It will possibily take place in a U.S look alike location.

There is a possibility of going back to London too.

Doubt it will take place in Asia or any other places.

True-Legend86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 True-Legend86
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts
After the letdown of GTA4 and all of the misleading scores this game got, I may just rent GTA5 beat it and be done with it....if the stories crap atleast it won't get my whole $60
MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts
After the letdown of GTA4 and all of the misleading scores this game got, I may just rent GTA5 beat it and be done with it....if the stories crap atleast it won't get my whole $60True-Legend86
Why exactly was it a letdown to you? Yeah it was a change of pace from the other games, but it's the most detailed world they've given us to play in yet, and they spent forever making it. The quality is actually quite amazing. The story is OK at best, but the lost and the damned and the ballad of gay tony were actually better if you didn't get a chance to play those.