Grim Fandango Preorder Issues

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chemowasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Chemowasabi
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Been fighting with Sony all morning, and while this is one of my favorite gaming experiances of all time (GF, not this Sony hassle), it's just starting to get silly. Here's a taste of my morning..

A Pair of Sony Support Chat Transcripts.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Jaime: Hello, My name is Jaime how may I assist you today?You: Having issues with the Grim Fandango preorder download.

You: Followed the steps on the forum, except now the game is no longer in my system anywhere, and when I go back to the library in the store it tells me the application is missing.

Jaime: I'd be glad to look into this for you today. I understand how important this is for you. Could you please confirm your Online ID and Sign in ID (email address)?

You: Chemowasabi, *************

Jaime: Thank you, just a moment please.

Jaime: I am sorry for the issue that you have had, but at the moment the PS Store is updating and please try after at 5:00 PM Pacific..

You: This is a game I purchased on a preorder so that I could play it starting at midnight (est), and now you are telling me it's going to be almost a full day after that? what was the point in preordering it then?

You: Can I get refunded since I wasn't given the product I was promised?

Jaime: You will be able after the update.You: to get a refund?

Jaime: Is not possible, because after the update you will be able to get the game.

You: a day after it was released when I purchased a preorder. I did not get what I paid for, thus I would like a refund.

You: Sony did not hold up thier end of the purchase agreement

.Jaime: Sir, you will be able to download the game after the update.

You: so, again. You promised a game at midnight, you failed to deliver, and everything is supposed to be ok?

You: By you, I mean Sony, not personally you, of course.

Jaime: I am sorry about that, but please try after the update and you will be able to download the game.

You: That is not satisfactory to me.

Jaime: Unfortunately, it appears I am not able to assist you with your request today. I will be disconnecting this chat session. Thanks for contacting PlayStation. Excellent, it has been a pleasure assisting you today. Please click on the following link to evaluate the assistance that you have been given today, we as PlayStation would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you so much!

SO agent #1 dropped me without giving any kind of solution. Agent #2 at least offered some version of a solution, although I don't see how it resolved the issue of Sony not being able to produce a product people had purchased and they failed to deliver.

Carlos: Hello, My name is Carlos how may I assist you today?.

You: Just got out of a chat with another agent, didn't get issue anywhere near resolved.

You: Needing to see what can be done about a purchase that was made that wasn't fulfilled, and if need be, need to know the next steps to getting the matter handled.

Carlos: I'd be happy to look into this for you today.Carlos: What is the problem that you are having?

You: I had preordered the Grim Fandango game in the playstation store about a week ago. and the countdown timer said it was being released on the incorrect day.You: Sony had put a message up in the official forums about how to resolve the issue

You: When I followed the steps, the game is no longer on my system, however when I go to the library, or even the game's page on the playstation store, my only option is "start" and when I select that, it tells me the application cannot be found.

Carlos: Although you have entered information about a SEN account before this chat, could you please provide the following to confirm the *exact* account you need assistance with?

- First and Last Name on account

- Sign-In ID (email address)

- Online ID

You: Josh ******, ***************, chemowasabi

Carlos: Thank you, Ok at the moment we are having a PS store update and all users that bought this game cannot open it because of it and we are recommending to try to re-open the game once the PS store update is done at 3PM Pacific time.

You: Right, which is why I have a problem. We paid for a game, and are getting it 18 hours after the guarentee, and there doesn't seem to be anything being done about it.

You: What was the point of preordering it?

Carlos: Ok Josh, in this case what we can do is offer you a refund to the wallet into the PSN. Let me advice you that the refund could take 3-5 business days. When the refund it is complete, you will receive an email those days.

You: would I lose the game as well?

Carlos: Correct.

You: So we go back to nothing was fixed.

You: So just as a heads up, this conversation is being added to the previous one that was emailed over to someone I know at gamespot.com, because they are actually doing a peice on the issue.

Carlos: Ok that is not going to change the process that we have.

You: That's fine. LIke I said, was just giving you a heads up on it. for record keeping purposes.

You: Don't do any refunds, because I want to have the game, I just think it's not the greatest thing to have people purchase an item, and then not deliver the item as promised and then not have anything to do as a solution.

Carlos: Ok we have an special web page where you can leave your comments, experiences and complaints:

https://np.us.playstation.com/

You: The fact that that link says "Cannot load page" is beyond funny to me right now.

You: peer's certificate has been revoked.

Carlos: Sorry then at the moment all we can tell you is to keep waiting until the problem is fix.

So here we have Agent 2 stating that they were able to do EXACTLY what Agent 1 explicitly said they could not do at all, but then neither Agent had anything to say to actually reseolve the matter. I wasn't actually looking for any kind of full refund, etc. But when the data had already been downloaded on everyone's systems, why would there not be some troubleshooting, or recourse for an issue instead of just "deal with it"?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

You are at fault

The game isn't live yet, wait until that happens THEN you go see what's up

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Go for the refund if you don't like the delay.

Entertainment companies have delays sometimes...I know it sucks and that's why you can get a refund.

For whatever reason, they can't release the game any earlier, so their option is refund or not. They did what they could (the second agent anyways). I agree these things shouldn't happen, but they happen all the time across different entertainment mediums including movies and video-games unfortunately and as such, you are entitled to a refund. The entitlement is for the refund. Any other entitlement, I just don't understand. If they didn't offer the refund, I would be inclined to agree, but they did.