GP Q&A: Phil Harrison talks future of the PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ihatebugers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 ihatebugers
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts

On criticism towards the PS3

[QUOTE="Phil Harrison"]

It doesn't concern me. This isn't a sprint or a three-month race - this is a ten-year marathon. And I know that we have the technology and the architecture to make the PS3 last more than ten years as a software format. We have future-proof technologies that will allow game designers to do amazing things with the system. So I have no concerns at all about what we'll deliver later this year, next year, and for the next eight years.

Also, by what measure was the launch of the PS3 not a success? We sold out everywhere, we overcame the manufacturing issues quickly and are now satisfying demand, and we've sold more systems more quickly than we did with the PS1 or PS2. What's not to love about that?

ninersfan343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ninersfan343
Member since 2006 • 514 Posts
nice
-SLUG-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -SLUG-
Member since 2007 • 210 Posts
[QUOTE="ihatebugers"]

On criticism towards the PS3

[QUOTE="Phil Harrison"]

It doesn't concern me. This isn't a sprint or a three-month race - this is a ten-year marathon. And I know that we have the technology and the architecture to make the PS3 last more than ten years as a software format. We have future-proof technologies that will allow game designers to do amazing things with the system. So I have no concerns at all about what we'll deliver later this year, next year, and for the next eight years.

Also, by what measure was the launch of the PS3 not a success? We sold out everywhere, we overcame the manufacturing issues quickly and are now satisfying demand, and we've sold more systems more quickly than we did with the PS1 or PS2. What's not to love about that?

Real talk. Thats the most simple way to put it and it covers every aspect of criticism of the launch(of the console, not of the games). The PS3 is, and will continue to be a success.
cardiac_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cardiac_cat
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
you are correct sir!!!!!!!!!
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points