General consensus on LittleBigPlanet 1 vs 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By psx2514
Member since 2008 • 425 Posts

In terms of the general consensus of the gaming public, which one is better? Concerning the one most people think is better, is it the general consensus that it's better in almost every way over the other, or does each game have aspects that are better than the other (for example, one might have a better level creator while the other has a better campaign).

For me personally, I don't care about the level creator or playing with other people online. I just care about the main campaign. Given that, which would be the general consensus on the better game?

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psx2514

Could a mod move this thread to the Playstation forum? I posted this in the wrong place. Thanks!

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

@psx2514: You can move the thread by clicking on the "Full edit" button and doing it from there.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

LBP 1, I created hovercraft using my own custom switches, I built a tank with custom switch that could put the tank in forward reverse, launch a hovercraft pod while the tank kept moving and could remotely stop the tank while flying the hover pod, the tank could aim both direction and fire with sound, smoke and muzzle flash, plus had alternate machine gun fire etc. I also built Fliptastic Racing, with one version styled after TRON with trailing lights etc... on and on. My custom mech can walk in forward and reverse, has a cockpit with elevator, can fly has dual cannons with secondary machine gun fire, I also created a cluster rocket that launches a main rocket that in turn fires multiple rockets and it had light and sound effects.

LBP 2, they completely changed the in game editor and just centering a switch became an headache inducing nightmare, so I never play it at all. But they made building robots/mechs easier by looking at youtube videos, I never got that far into unlocking the edit tools.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 psx2514

@yixingtpot: Didn't answer what I asked at all, but thanks for that nonetheless.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@psx2514:

Your question is really stupid, no offense, the LBP saying is "play, create, share" your only playing....

And with that, the campaign is ONLY what you'll play, that's only a tutorial to the community aspects of the game, the campaign teaches you what to do and how to make things, the story sucks...

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

There's not much in the way of single player content in either game. You should really look into playing levels created by other players online. You don't have to play with other players, but there's an endless amount of at least decent levels to play online. I don't really know how to compare LBP and LBP 2's main campaign alone... they're both decent, but definitely not the main attraction of the game. In any case, you should just get LBP 2 because it has better online levels and you can still play the online levels from the first one, if you do end up trying out some online levels anyway.

@GTR12 said:

Your question is really stupid, no offense, the LBP saying is "play, create, share" your only playing....

I don't see the problem in having no interest in the creation aspects of the game. Creating levels isn't exactly user friendly. It takes a lot of time to learn the mechanics and build something decent on your own. I just think it's a waste, however, to only play LBP for its offline levels.