Games that are really bad.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaulusTheWise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SaulusTheWise
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Seriously, what games have you played that are just across the board awful? Vent and share your experiences here! Sonic 06 is a modern travesty to the name and should have never been released. It's like the wingdings font in Microsoft Word. It's useless and somteimes I wonder why it even exists.
Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

Seriously, what games have you played that are just across the board awful? Vent and share your experiences here! Sonic 06 is a modern travesty to the name and should have never been released. It's like the wingdings font in Microsoft Word. It's useless and somteimes I wonder why it even exists.SaulusTheWise

Sonic and the Black Knight is far worse. It's the worst Sonic game I've played. There may be worse games I've played, but it's the one that immediately springs to mind since you also mentioned a Sonic game. Sonic 06 is pretty bad but I suffered a lot more with Black Knight. I don't know how I ever managed to finish. 

VothicX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 VothicX
Member since 2003 • 1842 Posts

Thank goodness for returns and trade ins. Two games that could have been the next E.T. console crashing mess.

1) Final Fantasy 13

2) PS3 version of Skyrim

I imagine the much younger crowds (20 and under) would have been ok with FF13. But Skyrim was a mess, regardless of the targeted age groups.

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._the_Extra-Terrestrial_(video_game)

2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_video_game_crash_of_1983

Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tropictrain

Thank goodness for returns and trade ins. Two games that could have been the next E.T. console crashing mess.

1) Final Fantasy 13

2) PS3 version of Skyrim

I imagine the much younger crowds (20 and under) would have been ok with FF13. But Skyrim was a mess, regardless of the targeted age groups.

VothicX

What makes the PS3 Skyrim worse? I'm just curious since I was considering picking it up for a while and the PS3 is my preferred system. 

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

[QUOTE="VothicX"]

1) Final Fantasy 13

2) PS3 version of Skyrim

Tropictrain

What makes the PS3 Skyrim worse? I'm just curious since I was considering picking it up for a while and the PS3 is my preferred system. 

the frame rate in Skyrim can drop into the single digits or completely you may need to turn your system off it has more bugs also
VothicX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 VothicX
Member since 2003 • 1842 Posts

[QUOTE="VothicX"]

1) Final Fantasy 13

2) PS3 version of Skyrim

Tropictrain

When Skyrim PS3 was released, it had serious code problems that caused the PS3 hardrive to thrash.

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrashing_(computer_science)

Skyrim became unplayable after a certain point. Bethesdas forums, YouTube and a few gaming sites lit up with multiple complaints. There were even a few developers addressing complaints on the problem.

Bethesda has pushed through multiple patches to correct the issues. Though some still claim the problems remain. Ive tried three patches... then I gave up on the game.

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

I imagine the much younger crowds (20 and under) would have been ok with FF13.

VothicX

Why do you say that? 

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts
It's so bad that it's almost worth just buying it, if your looking to waste 2 American Dollars. *Drumroll* Alpha Protocol. Decent game, but the controls, fighting mechanics, shooting mechanics, glitchy cutscenes (at times for me) and a decent story-line. I have it sitting in my PS3 collection, just to look at it and play it when I'm really bored :P
knightfire35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 knightfire35
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts

Socom Confrontation.  As a huge Socom 2 fan back in the day this one was a major dissapoinment and just an overall bad shooter in my opinion.

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 happy_dude64
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

1) Final Fantasy 13

2) PS3 version of Skyrim

VothicX

I'm about to be 24 and I enjoyed FF13 AND 13-2.

Well my worst game is definitely Grand Theft Auto IV or Assassin's Creed 1/3. All of those games were just plain old boring as hell. 

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

Demon's Souls, yeah. 

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#12 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

-NAMES A BUNCH OF GAMES I DON'T LIKE REGARDLESS OF THEIR ACTUAL QUALITY-

Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tropictrain

Lucky_Krystal

When dealing with art, "actual quality" is highly subjective. There may be elements that are objectively bad such as the realism of the graphics. But the collective experience is entirely subjective. "Bad games" just like "bad movies" do not objectively exist. Therefore, this thread is dedicated to gamers sharing their subjective experiences of games they found to be of poor quality. This does not mean nobody can enjoy these games. We are merely expressing our opinions. No one here has attempted to force their opinion on anyone else so I'm not sure what you're attempting to ridicule here. 

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucky_Krystal"]

Tropictrain

When dealing with art, "actual quality" is highly subjective. There may be elements that are objectively bad such as the realism of the graphics. But the collective experience is entirely subjective. "Bad games" just like "bad movies" do not objectively exist. Therefore, this thread is dedicated to gamers sharing their subjective experiences of games they found to be of poor quality. This does not mean nobody can enjoy these games. We are merely expressing our opinions. No one here has attempted to force their opinion on anyone else so I'm not sure what you're attempting to ridicule here. 

Probably trying to ridicule me because I don't like games with stupid difficulty levels.
Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

[QUOTE="Tropictrain"]

[QUOTE="Lucky_Krystal"]

Lost-to-Apathy

Probably trying to ridicule me because I don't like games with stupid difficulty levels.

:|

It was just a joke and no I wasn't attacking anyone

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

It's so bad that it's almost worth just buying it, if your looking to waste 2 American Dollars. *Drumroll* Alpha Protocol. Decent game, but the controls, fighting mechanics, shooting mechanics, glitchy cutscenes (at times for me) and a decent story-line. I have it sitting in my PS3 collection, just to look at it and play it when I'm really bored :Prwallacefan

I finished it, never had any problems, and it's one of my favorite games.

I played it as stealth.

Only downside was some haaaaaaard boss fights.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 locus-solus

Demon's Souls, yeah. 

Lost-to-Apathy
demon's souls is a awesome action jrpg
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"]

Demon's Souls, yeah. 

locus-solus
demon's souls is a awesome action jrpg

The Game is Perfect, the Genre is terrible.
DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

Out of 80+ PS3 games I've played, Resident Evil 6 is my pick for worst. After 1 hour of play, I was annoyed. After 2 hours of play, I wanted to smash the disc. I've played RE games since the original, so there's nobody that had higher hopes or a more positive attitude going into the game. It was just awful... between horrible controls and the feeling of being forced down a corridor and a really boring story that's jammed down your throat.

Demon's Souls is one of the best PS3 games. Going into it, I think you've gotta understand that you're going to need a guide or online help from somebody or you're going to have a rough time with the game. It's a spectacular game though.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#20 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

rainbow moon is shockingly terrible. the combat is a shallow grindfest, but battles seem to take forever. there's this stupid hunger meter that adds nothing to the game but more monotony. the world itself is somehow more empty. there's just not much to like.

i understand that tons of people love this game (the positive reaction was why i decided to give it a shot for $5) and i mean this without a hint of trolling, but GTAIV. i've tried twice to push myself through but it's just awful. liberty city is full of every pop culture cliche out there and rockstar mistakes this for satire. the meat of a mission is rarely what you do. instead it's most often just listening to some one note character make one-liners as you drive them around. in the rare occasion that i do actually get to use the mechanics, i end up praying that it isn't the sloppy shooting system. then the checkpoints are so far apart that i end up having to restart the whole mission if i do mess up and that involves listening to the same stupid jokes all over again. i just can't take it.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Rogue Warrior.  That's why I no longer trust Bethesda unless they published AND developed it.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 locus-solus

rainbow moon is shockingly terrible. the combat is a shallow grindfest, but battles seem to take forever. there's this stupid hunger meter that adds nothing to the game but more monotony. the world itself is somehow more empty. there's just not much to like.

i understand that tons of people love this game (the positive reaction was why i decided to give it a shot for $5) and i mean this without a hint of trolling, but GTAIV. i've tried twice to push myself through but it's just awful. liberty city is full of every pop culture cliche out there and rockstar mistakes this for satire. the meat of a mission is rarely what you do. instead it's most often just listening to some one note character make one-liners as you drive them around. in the rare occasion that i do actually get to use the mechanics, i end up praying that it isn't the sloppy shooting system. then the checkpoints are so far apart that i end up having to restart the whole mission if i do mess up and that involves listening to the same stupid jokes all over again. i just can't take it.

LoG-Sacrament
agree with the checkpoints being to far apart in gta 4
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Ar tonelico Qoga. Something like that. I played it, my god, I want my life back before I played that game. It was that terrible.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#24 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I haven't played many legitimately bad games, but Heavy Fire: Afghanistan is one of them. It's a crappy budget Move supported game, so I knew it wasn't going to be good, but it was painfully bad.

I'm generally positive when it comes to games. Even the ones I don't care much for, I can still see the good in them. I even found Duke Nukem Forever somewhat enjoyable. Subpar game, but I still can't even label it as "really bad".

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lulekani

Out of 80+ PS3 games I've played, Resident Evil 6 is my pick for worst. After 1 hour of play, I was annoyed. After 2 hours of play, I wanted to smash the disc. I've played RE games since the original, so there's nobody that had higher hopes or a more positive attitude going into the game. It was just awful... between horrible controls and the feeling of being forced down a corridor and a really boring story that's jammed down your throat.

DaRq_MiNoS
You Say these things just to hurt me, don't you ? :'(
NettoSaito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#26 NettoSaito
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts
[QUOTE="SaulusTheWise"]Seriously, what games have you played that are just across the board awful? Vent and share your experiences here! Sonic 06 is a modern travesty to the name and should have never been released. It's like the wingdings font in Microsoft Word. It's useless and somteimes I wonder why it even exists.

Actually you're wrong about Sonic 06. It should have been released, just not when it was. See at the time SEGA was rushing Sonic Team because they wanted a game out for the holidays. At the time Sonic 06 was no where near being finished (it was around the beta stage), but because of SEGA, they had no choice but to finish up some of the core elements, and release the game right before christmas. Because of this the game had a wide range of issues, and was missing a lot of content. They didn't get a chance to finish the other characters, the free mode (which allowed you to play as ANY character in ANY stage) was scrapped, the rainbow gem (that allowed you to play as Super Sonic) was scrapped, they weren't able to revise any of the levels to work out the bugs, they weren't able to fine tune characters like Sonic to work on their control (Sonic was the least finished of the three mains), they had to scrap the day and night cycle they were using, and the loading screens ended up being longer than they should have been. Sonic Team had also planned on using quite a few other features as well, but they just weren't able to include them into the game. In other words, the game should have been released when it was actually finished like Sonic Team played. Its because SEGA MADE them release an unfinished game that the game failed, and why they are scared to try another adventure styled Sonic game again.
Azzurri22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Azzurri22
Member since 2011 • 168 Posts

1) Final Fantasy 13

2) PS3 version of Skyrim

VothicX

I fully agree with your thoughts on Skyrim. I was plagued with various frame-rate issues, hard crashes and quests that couldn't be completed, even after waiting 3 or 4 months for some patches.

This really wore down my interest of the game and although I completed the main questline and a few faction/side quests, it all felt like a bit of chore, with constant worries about the aforementioned issues.

I absolutely loved Oblivion and did every last quest, however, Skyrim never got close to reaching those heights for me and the wife. I'd seriously think twice about buying another Bethesda game at release on PS3.  Any issues should, however, be averted on PS4 due to the amount of available RAM, a lack of which on PS3 supposedly caused many of the problems with Skyrim.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
[quote="tropictrain"]

[quote="vothicx"]

thank goodness for returns and trade ins. Two games that could have been the next e.T. Console crashing mess.

1) final fantasy 13

2) ps3 version of skyrim

I imagine the much younger crowds (20 and under) would have been ok with ff13. But skyrim was a mess, regardless of the targeted age groups.

1) http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/e.T._the_extra-terrestrial_(video_game)

2) http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/north_american_video_game_crash_of_1983

locus-solus

what makes the ps3 skyrim worse? I'm just curious since I was considering picking it up for a while and the ps3 is my preferred system. 

the frame rate in skyrim can drop into the single digits or completely you may need to turn your system off it has more bugs also

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That's the understatement of the century! There's nothing worse than fighting a boss as hard as Morokai while the screen is moving at the speed of a slide show.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Socom Confrontation.  As a huge Socom 2 fan back in the day this one was a major dissapoinment and just an overall bad shooter in my opinion.

knightfire35

Agree with this, though I kind of liked it at first, it was absolutely horrible after awhile.

yeebsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 yeebsey
Member since 2010 • 180 Posts

I haven't played many legitimately bad games, but Heavy Fire: Afghanistan is one of them. It's a crappy budget Move supported game, so I knew it wasn't going to be good, but it was painfully bad.

I'm generally positive when it comes to games. Even the ones I don't care much for, I can still see the good in them. I even found Duke Nukem Forever somewhat enjoyable. Subpar game, but I still can't even label it as "really bad".

SoNin360

you desereve a medal for actually playing a game named heavy fire:afghanistan.  

MFbronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MFbronz
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts
quake wars:enemy territory. I F%$#$NG HATE THAT GOD FORSAKEN GAME....65 bucks down the drain, would've taken it back, but i lost the dammed recipt RAAAAAGE!!!!!
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
Flash Point: Dragon Rising.
bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts
  • Grand Theft Auto IV - Where do i start coming off of san andreas where customisation was at a good point where rpg elements even played a roll and seriously you could train your heart out and be buff and eat so much and be super fat or get better at riding a bike and the story element was great, and then came GTAIV a really boring city a waste of gb's on tv channels, nothing to do, a boring story, the guy ran funny seriously i've never seen a guy run in a circle by leaning into it and the driving was pretty bad, it was just an awful game for me.

• Red Dead Redemption - Great concept and great era but honestly nothing to do in any of the cities except play poker and couple of other mini games, you could drink but never start a fight or do anything worth doing. the random incounters weren't really that good, the wilderness was pretty bland and cut scene after cutscene just to cut a animal up. seriously i'm not sure what they were thinking when the made these small towns but put nothing actually in them.

• All Of The Assasins Creed games - Lovely looking graphics enjoyed the second one to a degree but seriously thee most boringest games i've ever played, it's a one button game, fighting is boring by the end i found that the way you kill someone was to block block block counter block block block counter block block block counter, dead. the first games wholw you have to go up every tower to reveal the map got boring, the second one's upgrade your castle had no point or didn't really give you much of anything or benefit, number 3 well lets not go their even the one's who liked AC didn't like the 3rd so i would have no hope, and the whole sci fi element is just tacked on, seriously that part of the game was probably the most interesting concept of it all but they did nothing to make it any fun, and by 3 it felt that they just had shoved it in there to carry the stories on
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lulekani
  • Grand Theft Auto IV - Where do i start coming off of san andreas where customisation was at a good point where rpg elements even played a roll and seriously you could train your heart out and be buff and eat so much and be super fat or get better at riding a bike and the story element was great, and then came GTAIV a really boring city a waste of gb's on tv channels, nothing to do, a boring story, the guy ran funny seriously i've never seen a guy run in a circle by leaning into it and the driving was pretty bad, it was just an awful game for me.

• Red Dead Redemption - Great concept and great era but honestly nothing to do in any of the cities except play poker and couple of other mini games, you could drink but never start a fight or do anything worth doing. the random incounters weren't really that good, the wilderness was pretty bland and cut scene after cutscene just to cut a animal up. seriously i'm not sure what they were thinking when the made these small towns but put nothing actually in them.

• All Of The Assasins Creed games - Lovely looking graphics enjoyed the second one to a degree but seriously thee most boringest games i've ever played, it's a one button game, fighting is boring by the end i found that the way you kill someone was to block block block counter block block block counter block block block counter, dead. the first games wholw you have to go up every tower to reveal the map got boring, the second one's upgrade your castle had no point or didn't really give you much of anything or benefit, number 3 well lets not go their even the one's who liked AC didn't like the 3rd so i would have no hope, and the whole sci fi element is just tacked on, seriously that part of the game was probably the most interesting concept of it all but they did nothing to make it any fun, and by 3 it felt that they just had shoved it in there to carry the stories on
bezza2011
lol You're quite the overwhelming force aren't ya. Becarefull though, you're on thin ice.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

A the dawn of the Playstation 3 era "Lair" was supposed to be a huge hit for PS3. It was the first game to demostrate the sixaxis motion controls. But a patch was quick introduced to allow for standard controls. "Lair" was one of the noteable PS3 games that was really bad. Since it was supposed to be one of the flagship games.

Other bad games such as "Mindjack" were not expected to have a huge impact as "Lair" was supposed to.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#36 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I can't remember ever getting a game that was across the board awful.  There were plenty that just didn't interest me at all.  And there were plenty that had awkward controls or other failings that, though annoying, didn't really diminish my enjoyment of the overall game very much.  Heck I played Damnation, which was obviously about 6 months from being finished when it was released, and still had a really good time with it.

Avatar image for Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Enfamous_Mr_BHC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Enfamous_Mr_BHC
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts
Madden series since it debuted on this generation. Oh yeah DC vs MK...terrible, terrible fighter with a lot of broken principals and no balance
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

What makes the PS3 Skyrim worse? Tropictrain

It's unplayable even by Bethesda's standards. It's full of the usual gamebreaking bugs that Bethesda somehow gets away with, with the added bonus of running worse and worse the longer you play until it gets to the point it simply doesn't work.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

Homefront.

I thought I'd give a try so I rented it one day. Oh man, I struggled to get through the story. It didn't engage me at all, even when I could tell the game was really trying to do so at certain points of the game's story. Unlikable, or dull characters. Unbelievable scenarios. I could go on.

As for the multiplayer, it was broken; literally. I rented it around the time it first came out, and there were so many connection issues and game crashes. I'd be lucky to play through one whole game without my PS3 crashing. And whenever I got to play it wasn't a very entertaining experience anyway. Spawn deaths, large, but boring and barren maps, slow leveling, and OP weapons.