Firmware 2.00 browser problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

The new firmware has rendered using the browser useless as it constantly refreshes pages that have pop-up ads. I never had that problem before the patch. Anyone have any ideas on what feature/option I need to turn off to stop this nonsense(and please don't say the web browser)?

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
Haven't tried the browser, but I can't get the PS store to open.
Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

For me, after the update it was instantly frozen while loading a google.com site ;|

Had to Long press the power button to restart the system...

Sony f up a bit.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#4 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
I think 2.00 has got some bugs to iron out. Last night all network-related functions were extremely laggy, as if my ping was high, on both internet browsing and PSN-related features. I've heard stories about a soft brick that made someone unable to get past their lock screen.
criticalmigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 criticalmigz
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
only problem ive encountered in fw2.00 vita browser was that everytime i get to press the ps button from a game then go to web browser,,it automatically refreshes the site,so the page that youve been waiting to load,would probably load from the beginning again after you paused your game....
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#6 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
I noticed that the browser did that most of the time before the patch. Not always, but bigger sites always seemed to refresh for me. I think it was the Vita's way of clearing memory from the browser when you start other apps. By making the browser a "smaller" app, they've probably configured it to clear most of its memory every time the player switches back to the game.
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

For me, after the update it was instantly frozen while loading a google.com site ;|

Had to Long press the power button to restart the system...

Sony f up a bit.

Matthew-first

This happend to me twice, and both time it started back up in Safe Mode. It's kind of scary seeing that screen