DS4 Question To Those Who Own One And Have Used a 360 Pad

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VelocityEvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 VelocityEvo
Member since 2011 • 256 Posts

I much preferred the 360 pad to the DS3, so how does the DS4 compare to it? For shooters are the sticks much better, I'm not sure I could adjust to the sticks not being offset. Lastly, are the triggers on the DS4 as good as the ones on the 360?

Thanks!

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

The Dulashock 4 controller has made a HUGE improvement to the Dualshock 3. The triggers have more feed back and hold your fingers in place without them sliding off. SO they are very good for shooters and Driving games as well. The thumbsticks have been adjusted and they are alot less loose, so movement in game feels just RIGHT. The comfort of the control really has improved. Xbox 360 controller will always be my favorite but man the Dualshock 4 can take the lead in a few months after i try it out with all the PS4 games coming soon and next year. Hope this helped! There are also a ton of reviewed to the controller on youtube. Some review compare the xbox 360controller and DS4

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

The DS4 is an enormous leap from the DS3; it's vastly superior in every sense.

The symmetrical stick layout won't affect you that much because the controller sits deeper in your palm like the 360 controller. The sticks themselves are way better as well. The dead zone is much smaller, the sticks are shorter for greater control, the ridge allows you to be more precise, and the sticks are also tighter.

The trigger are much much better.The triggers are much tighter for finer control (gonna be amazing for racing games). I'd even go as far and say they are better than the 360 triggers. The 360 triggers have a bit more range but definitely not the same precision.

This is a pretty good article about the DS4:

http://venturebeat.com/2013/10/21/the-playstation-4-controller-what-couldve-been-part-1-exclusive/