Driveclub after Weather update

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

I've seen the weather footage & there's no question it looks phenomenal. But is it a recommendable experience now?

1. I heard the main complaints were frustrating AI which is so committed to the racing it won't adapt to your presence & choose to barge into you.

2. The online aspect of it.

3. & the stale racing experience, though I'm hoping the weather spices things up. Even so I can't imagine every race would have this feature turned on.

So I would just like people who have the game to comment these aspects as of this update, thanks.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Driveclub before all the updates. 6/10.

Drive club today with the updates, dynamic weather, patches fixes, new cars, new tracks, new events - Easily 8/10 for me.

You can also pick it up for a lot cheaper now. I some some sites selling for 39.99.

1. Ai will still barge into you. I learned how to outsmart them. It takes time getting use to.

2. The online seems to be working now.

3. The racing is fun, The only thing im disappointed is that you can only change the weather during single race events and not the tour campaign events.

That said, I raced on a track in Norway with stormy clouds and turned on heavy precipitation, the way the snow and rain hits the windshield and you see it get wiped off by the wipers is ond of the most realistic things I have seen this gen.

vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

@marcheegsr Sounds fairly decent.

Could you also comment on the driving mechanics. I know they say it's an arcady sim but I'd better understand it if you could possibly compare it to the other relevant racing titles out there.

The similarites & differences, just in general the feel of the cars.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

@vpacalypse said:

@marcheegsr Sounds fairly decent.

Could you also comment on the driving mechanics. I know they say it's an arcady sim but I'd better understand it if you could possibly compare it to the other relevant racing titles out there.

The similarites & differences, just in general the feel of the cars.

To me it feels like need for speed but a little more sim feeling. Having no driving assists make it feel a little more realistic but no way near the way Gran turismo or Forza feels.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Its like the 1st Grid IMO, a bit in-between NFS and GT/Forza.