Dragon Age Inquisition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RoniHot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RoniHot
Member since 2013 • 219 Posts

I'm curious to know everyone's thoughts on this. DA Origins was amazing. It's probably my favorite game of all time. DA 2 was entertaining on it's own, but was a terrible follow-up to Origins and had it's share of issues (dialog wheel, recycled scenery, the fact that you can't leave Kirkwall, being everyone's errand boy, etc). It had it's good points, too. It was a lot of fun to play a mage, graphics are decent. But the story line and character development was seriously lacking.

I follow Bioware on Facebook and Twitter and they've been releasing little tidbits here and there. The main thing I have a problem with is their female Qunari mage. OK, so females are very restricted in what they are able to do within the Qun. Mages are supposed to be chained and controlled. So, isn't a main character that is a female Qunari mage against DA's whole mythology and storyline? Unless she's part of the Tal Vashock, I guess. I also heard that they weren't going to allow romances at first, but apparently they are going to now. A lot of the gals are upset that you can't have a romance with Varric, which I find amusing. I'm sad that we will never again be able to play as the Warden, and I just have this sinking feeling that they will never explain what happened with the Warden and the Champion (if you recall, they both disappeared). From what I've seen with the screen shots and videos they've released the graphics look really good. But honestly I'm more concerned with storyline, character development, and game play.

What are your thoughts? Will you pre-order? Buy new? Wait to see if you can find it used?

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

Well I am pretty good at figuring out games so let me explain. I will keep it short. Dragon Age: Origins was 5 total years of development. Dragon age 2 was like 2-3 years at the most. (It was rushed)

Dragon Age: Inquisition is like 3-5 years development cycle and the environments will be big and wide open. It won't disappoint. Don't take my word for it though just wait for a review if you are afraid.

I think it can be the best Dragon Age but Origins will always have a special place because of the Grey Warden storyline.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

To be honest, I'm going to wait a good while before buying it. Maybe when (or if) the release a GOTY-esque version.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Well they might actually reject the Qun, some of them might just do that. I also agree with you on DA O and DA2

RoniHot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RoniHot

I heard in an interview that Bioware was saying they're pulling from Skyrim because it's such a good game. But I don't want another Skyrim. I want another fantastic game in the Dragon Age series. I hope they don't wreck it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@RoniHot said:

I heard in an interview that Bioware was saying they're pulling from Skyrim because it's such a good game. But I don't want another Skyrim. I want another fantastic game in the Dragon Age series. I hope they don't wreck it.

It's not another Skyrim, they were talking about the size of the world

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm personally looking forward to it. Origins was amazing, 2 was ok. Hopefully Inquisition is at least better than 2 was.

RoniHot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RoniHot

I liked the size of the world in Origins. I guess I just don't feel like this series should be open world. I guess that's what people want, though.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i pre-order the PS4 version i cant wait