Dark Souls - darkmoon covenant question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

hey i got a specific question about this and would really appreciate the help. i just joined the darkmoon covenant. im doing a type of paladin faith build so i want to get the darkmoon blade miracle. i know i have to get 10 souvenirs of reprisal to get it and the talisman. i dont have a problem farming those cuz i got that ring now and enough humanity. but what i want to know is can i get the crown of dark sun as well as the darkmoon blade miracle?

i know whoever is past that fog drops that crown, but if i kill him/her i will be kicked out of the covenant no? what about if i get the souvenirs first and then kill the boss? also, is there any benefit to staying in the darkmoon covenant other than getting that miracle? i really wanna get the crown too cuz i wanna be all golden and look legendary lol, it would really fit my build.

mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

The crown is sold by Domnall of Zena, in Firelink Shrine. After you kill Gwyndolin.

And killing him will kick you out of the covenant, so get the miracle before you plan fighting him.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 idunnodude

The crown is sold by Domnall of Zena, in Firelink Shrine. After you kill Gwyndolin.

And killing him will kick you out of the covenant, so get the miracle before you plan fighting him.

mikeyMKII

cool thanks. one more thing, is there any benefit of giving more than 10 souvenirs or reprisal? and can i still use darkmoon blade and talisman if i kill him? (i already got it since i offered 10 souvenirs, just wondering if it gets taken away or something?

DevilishStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DevilishStyles
Member since 2010 • 766 Posts

[QUOTE="mikeyMKII"]

idunnodude

cool thanks. one more thing, is there any benefit of giving more than 10 souvenirs or reprisal? and can i still use darkmoon blade and talisman if i kill him? (i already got it since i offered 10 souvenirs, just wondering if it gets taken away or something?

Well if you offer more, your rank in the covenant will increase and you'll gain bonuses just like in other covenants. If you offer 20, the Darkmoon Blade gets stronger, and if offer 30 more, it'll get even more stronger. Now here's the part you'll hate to hear: IF you kill Gwyndolin, you will NOT be able to cast the miracle, rendering it useless until New Game Plus. If you are not in the covenant, you will not be able to cast it either, but you can absolve your sins and re-join.

If you want the crown badly, just go ask someone to drop it for you. You do not want to fight Gwyndolin, lol.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 idunnodude

[QUOTE="idunnodude"]

[QUOTE="mikeyMKII"]

DevilishStyles

Well if you offer more, your rank in the covenant will increase and you'll gain bonuses just like in other covenants. If you offer 20, the Darkmoon Blade gets stronger, and if offer 30 more, it'll get even more stronger. Now here's the part you'll hate to hear: IF you kill Gwyndolin, you will NOT be able to cast the miracle, rendering it useless until New Game Plus. If you are not in the covenant, you will not be able to cast it either, but you can absolve your sins and re-join.

If you want the crown badly, just go ask someone to drop it for you. You do not want to fight Gwyndolin, lol.

damn i ended up killing gwyndolin cuz that crown just looks too epic. whatever atleast i have sunlight blade lol. and plus its my first playthrough so i just wanted to kill everything. i pretty much farmed those souvenirs for nothing lol.