controller disconnecting...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

afexthedamaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 afexthedamaja
Member since 2004 • 752 Posts
I searched the forums and couldn't find anything that "hit" these keywords so if there is already a thread on this i'm sorry... has anyone had their controllers lose connection in the middle of a game? I had this happen a few times in RFOM and twice in GTHD... its only for a few seconds and it doesn't really bother me when i'm playing Resistence, but goddamn it sucks when driving in GTHD.... the controller is charged fully by the way. could it be something in my apartment is interfering with the signal?
babenjorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 babenjorge
Member since 2007 • 300 Posts
I have not come across that problem yet. If you bought the replacement plan i would exchange it.
svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts
Not disconnecting, but I have had it lock. In resistance it just keeps me walking one direction and can't really go another way - for a few seconds and so far hasn't gotten me killed....but I do see the point where this would suck in a racing game. I am thinking there is some interference with the bluetooth or something, but not sure yet
afexthedamaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 afexthedamaja
yeah yeah yeah thats what it is. it keeps me locked walking/driving in the particular direction that it was last pointed...and the red light on the controller is still on so its not turning off
lonewolfx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lonewolfx7
Member since 2005 • 182 Posts
This happens to me with the controller that came with my PS3. It isn't happening, with my 2 other controller I have. I asked about this problem also, but no one ever has a answer.
afexthedamaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 afexthedamaja
it also happens to be the original controller that came with the console... are your other 2 controllers Sony brand or something else
lonewolfx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lonewolfx7
Member since 2005 • 182 Posts
They are sony.
LoboSolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 LoboSolo
Member since 2002 • 1136 Posts
Never experienced this, try calling Sony. Also, make sure your batteries aren't low.
svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts
not a battery issue as they were fully loaded -- I don't know if it was on my original or separately purchased one.....not sure I can tell them apart now :) Will call sony actually - figure it is still under warranty for another week or so
dsmusician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dsmusician
Member since 2004 • 275 Posts
i had this happend a few times but it was becuase i had some cheap universal ear piece ( that didnt work for the ps3 anyhow) connected to it at the same time.. as soon as i shut off the headset it was fine.
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
I've had this happen many times to me as well with the controller that came with my PS3.  I'll just be doing my thing & all of the sudden I have no control for several seconds.  It's not a huge deal, but it sure seems to happen at the most innoportune moments.
flinknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 flinknasty
Member since 2004 • 90 Posts
i have the same problem. it wont happen at first but after i play for about 45 mintues then it usually happens. i get stuck turning in a circle so its not just you. its all of us.
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
happens to me too. it's like the controller gets stuck going a certain direction for a few seconds. hasn't screwed me up too bad yet but i could see where it could