chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

User Lists: 0

#1 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Having just spend the last few days playing InFamous Second Son in comparison to the predecessors 1 and 2 my opinion was it feels inferior to both games. I mean it has some redeeming qualities like a big open world but it feels empty and the powers you get like Smoke and Neon the abilities feel virtually the same.

Also I won't say the protagonist Delsin was my cup of tea either he felt a bit to full of himself. I mean don't get me wrong the game was solid and the graphics were incredible but the series hasn't pushed forward with this instalment from the first 2 well for me anyway.

What are your thoughts because the first 2 were cool games this one just felt a bit flat to me.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i loved the first, hated the second, loved the third... :)

story wise the first one was something quite new and since it was the game that sparked the whole series, it still is the best... the open world design along with the parkour, building climbing capabilities, movement snap on ledges, etc is the same overall, which is one of the best if not the best... the visuals are, of course, best in the latest iteration...

the different powers in ss feel all the same, however there are nuances, which keep everything still somewhat fresh... imho, ss is very close behind the first infamous story wise, far ahead in visuals, and on par with the gameplay... :)

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

I thought the first one was more frustrating than fun. Mostly because of all those roof dwelling enemies who were crackshots from a half mile away with an AK47. That was just super stupid, and they seemed to be on almost every single damned rooftop in the game. It was frustrating enough that I skipped the second game altogether. I got back on board with the new entry because Delsin actually seemed like an awesome character. I was right, I love that guy. He's a duder, I think he has the same appeal as Dante ala Devil May Cry 3.

The only issue I have with Second Son is that it lacks content, and it didn't give me enough Fetch Walker, a problem about to be solved on both fronts at the end of this month, I have the First Light expansion reserved already on PSN. :)

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I loved the first two games, but I really didn't care for Second Son.

I've gone over the reasons too many times to want to get into it again in detail, but suffice to say I think it was a mediocre game from start to finish. It was pretty, sure, but that came at the cost of a living city -- it was empty and lacked a day/night cycle and dynamic weather, two musts for an open world game -- so I don't even hold the graphics in too high of a regard due to the omissions to get there.

I sure hope the next game is an improvement. Sucker Punch needs to go play the first two games and see why those two were so much better. They then need to work on their ability to create an actual open world, one that can turn day into night and night into day, one where the weather is dynamic, one where the water isn't so laughably and embarrassingly "incorporated" into the game, and one that feels alive and and substantial and less like a static image of uselessness.

No good, Sucker Punch. Try again.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I haven't finished Second Son, but I think that says something. It just wasn't as engaging or "smooth" as the first two titles. I thought the controls weren't as tight. Again, I haven't played a ton of the game, but of the few hours I've actually put into it, Second Son just didn't compare to the first two games.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Definitely liked the first 2 more but I did have a blast with the gameplay in Second Son. The story was Poo Poo in Second Son.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

The story in Second Son was weak. I loved 1 for the story and the boss battles. I enjoyed 2 and I enjoy Second Son for the game-play.

OP - Smoke and Neon feel identical? I'll assume you meant smoke and rock/lava(can't remember the actual name).

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Yeah I'd say the first game is my favourite... I didn't mind the 2nd game, but not as good as the first.

As for Second Son, I definitely enjoyed it but like you guys said, the story was weak. Still fun but.

sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts

I love the entire franchise (its my favorite) but every game has their ups and downs.

Infamous 1 was my favorite. It had the best overall story, and it was a great challenge. Loved all the characters although Cole could have been more interesting.

Infamous 2 was almost as good as infamous 1. It felt better and looked better. The overall story was good, and the ending was PERFECT. No real complaints.

Infamous Second Son. The most fun of all 3 games. It looks jaw-dropping good, the world is great, the powers are awesome. Delsin was a fun character imo and the supporting cast was interesting too; im glad Fethc is getting her own fleshed out story. The only thing that stopped this game from being better than the last two imo, was that the overall story wasnt anywhere near as epic.

Thing is, Infamous Second Son took a turn in a new direction. Infamous 1-2 define the inFamous Franchise. Infamous Second Son is the beginning of a new era where it seems to be stories taking place within the infamous universe. So Cole's story was THE story of inFamous and the most epic of all. Delisins was A story. So i loved all the games and agree that the 1st was the best. I jsut hope Sucker Punch can continue this direction with inFamous without faltering.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

infamous 2>>infamous SS >>infamous for me great series

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

Infamous second son was awesome, I hated the first one, one of the reasons it put me off the second. Delsin was so cool, Cole was so miserable felt like giving him a slap.