Can't turn on psp

This topic is locked from further discussion.

acenoobixxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 acenoobixxh
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

It was working fine until few months ago (yea i know, its been months already...lol), when i was trying to load a downloaded game called Patapon, it just keep on with the loading screen for a more than 10 minutes...i suspected that the game froze so i restarted my psp. But ever since that time, after i turn on my psp, it will autimatically turn off around 1-2 minutes after the psp started. Then it got even worse. When i try to turn on the psp, the green light appears, but then sometimes the screen stays black, and the green light disappears again after around 8 secs or so. So i could still turn it on sometimes, but some other times i couldnt due to the situation i described above. Now it's even worse...i can't turn on my psp anymore. Each time i try to turn on psp, the green light appears, but then the screen ALWAYS stays black, and then like before the green light disappears after 8 secs. I tried to turn on the psp with battery only, without battery but using AC adapter and with batter or AC adapter but without the memory card, the psp still can't be turn on. Can someone plz help me fix this problem?

P.S: i have never played online on this psp.

acenoobixxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 acenoobixxh
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
P.P.S: the version of my psp is 3.52m33
danny5329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 danny5329
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts
You're on Custom Firmware and your PSP turned into a brick , Cap, Jack Sparrow.
LittleTauren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 LittleTauren
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts
Same thing happened to me. No solution I've found. Sorry.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

You're on Custom Firmware and your PSP turned into a brick , Cap, Jack Sparrow. danny5329

hence why i will not mess with "custom firmware" on my psp. id rather keep my unit working. and for the first year i have a waranty to cover anything that is not my fault.

Joseph881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Joseph881
Member since 2004 • 1184 Posts

[QUOTE="danny5329"]You're on Custom Firmware and your PSP turned into a brick , Cap, Jack Sparrow. Talldude80

hence why i will not mess with "custom firmware" on my psp. id rather keep my unit working. and for the first year i have a waranty to cover anything that is not my fault.

Actually, CF is safer than official firmware as it has built in tools (mainly recovery menu), so you can easily unbrick it.

To the OP, Try turning on the PSP while holding the R Button, if the recovery menu shows up, your problem can easily be fixed.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you more due to the TOS, but I can tell you from experience that CFW is the way to go.

SGT4EVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 SGT4EVA
Member since 2007 • 1773 Posts
lmfao it hasent been locked, but ok, dont worry ur psp is fine it has not bricked so no worries, i am not going to tell you how to fix it cause ur pirating the game, but yes there is a way to fix it, so i will not tell you, just stop downloading games please and dont ever post anything like this again on here
charrr1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 charrr1234
Member since 2007 • 685 Posts
It's people like you that give CFW a bad reputation.
SGT4EVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 SGT4EVA
Member since 2007 • 1773 Posts
It's people like you that give CFW a bad reputation.charrr1234
mhmmmm, nothing really wrong with it, its just pirating
dd99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 dd99
Member since 2003 • 2095 Posts
of all games to pirate, why would you get patapon, it's only like, 20$. Show some respect for the people who make psp exclusives and buy their games.
ChesterTheWorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 ChesterTheWorm
Member since 2007 • 175 Posts

Sounds like a Bricked PSP fo sho :lol:

Best Thing you can do for now is go youtube & type in the search engine "How to Un-brick a psp" and youll find tons of videos to unbrick it

But seriously man i hope you dont un-brick it becuz you tried stealing a $20 game of all things

Let Me Quote YoDA : Let This Be A Lesson To You.

charrr1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 charrr1234
Member since 2007 • 685 Posts

[QUOTE="charrr1234"]It's people like you that give CFW a bad reputation.SGT4EVA
mhmmmm, nothing really wrong with it, its just pirating

I use CFW myself, but the fact that many pirates use it for piracy makes people think that CFW=piracy.