Can you change your online id?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ohcnom4343 (176 posts) -
can you change your online id without deleting your account?
#2 Posted by -chaOztheOry- (98 posts) -
create a new user then create a new psn account.
#3 Posted by ohcnom4343 (176 posts) -
i cant just change my existing one? you know, on the same user?
#4 Posted by -chaOztheOry- (98 posts) -
nope. it wont allow you. even if trying to sign in w/ a different account on the same user wont work.
#5 Posted by fatboy5mama (74 posts) -

nope

#6 Posted by char1968 (761 posts) -
you mean change the icon?and if you do change the account will anything change?
#7 Posted by elmo442 (401 posts) -

[QUOTE="char1968"]you mean change the icon?and if you do change the account will anything change?[/QUOTE

he wants to change it from e.g elliot94 ( my one ) to like i dont know bob123 without loosing his online and stuff

#8 Posted by The_G00se (760 posts) -

can you change your online id without deleting your account?ohcnom4343

No, I used to wonder the same thing. When I first signed on, I created an account with my real name, not the name I wanted to play games under. So I had to create a sub account. You can have as many accounts as you want but it kids sucks that you need to use a different email address for each.

#9 Posted by m-m-f (163 posts) -

in Xbox live you can change it for 800 MP ( and its worth it )

but sadly in PSN you can not do this BUT i noticed that the japanese users can change there ID , when you open someones profile you find his ID twice but with the japanese its the first is a nickName and can be changed and the other is like our IDs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can someone explain this yo me !!?

#10 Posted by rogerjak (14702 posts) -
No. ID is for a live time. That's why you need to choose it wisely.
#11 Posted by gloyny (16 posts) -
So if you create a new account on your PS3, would i still have the same online level on call of duty 4
#12 Posted by Mutt523 (3805 posts) -
So if you create a new account on your PS3, would i still have the same online level on call of duty 4gloyny
No.
#13 Posted by Duckman5 (18934 posts) -
No. ID is for a live time. That's why you need to choose it wisely.rogerjak
Which is stupid because Sony could just as easily sell you the ability to change it for a couple dollars or something. Not hard to implement.
#14 Posted by M0wen10 (7555 posts) -

I know how you feel, I want to change mine too

#15 Posted by av10 (1002 posts) -
Sony should just charge us like MS does. I would pay for it. See Sony more money for you!
#16 Posted by gloyny (16 posts) -
So do yo you think ta Sony will bring out an option for changing your online ID in a futue update
#17 Posted by Mutt523 (3805 posts) -
So do yo you think ta Sony will bring out an option for changing your online ID in a futue updategloyny
Maybe.
#18 Posted by av10 (1002 posts) -
I think if they are smart enough, then they will. I dont really see anything negative that that brings to Sony except maybe more server usage maybe? I mean common Sony its more free money for you! lol
#19 Posted by gloyny (16 posts) -
Do you know anybody who has complained to Sony about not being able to do it, i reckon if enough people do it theyll bring it in as an additional add on or in an update
#20 Posted by Mutt523 (3805 posts) -
Do you know anybody who has complained to Sony about not being able to do it, i reckon if enough people do it theyll bring it in as an additional add on or in an updategloyny
Duckman and m0wen have complained.
#21 Posted by gloyny (16 posts) -
Did they ever hear anything back from them?
#22 Posted by Mutt523 (3805 posts) -
Did they ever hear anything back from them?gloyny
No they never complained to Sony. I don't know anyone who has.
#23 Posted by gloyny (16 posts) -
Do you think if enough people complained they would bring it out in an update or add on? Sorry i keep asking but i cant be aske to keep me name now i want a new one and cant be bothered to start game
#24 Posted by unknownceltic (243 posts) -

Do you think if enough people complained they would bring it out in an update or add on? Sorry i keep asking but i cant be aske to keep me name now i want a new one and cant be bothered to start gamegloyny

They will probly say thank you, for ur adice... now leave us alone and stop telling us what 2 do...

#25 Posted by Mutt523 (3805 posts) -
Do you think if enough people complained they would bring it out in an update or add on? Sorry i keep asking but i cant be aske to keep me name now i want a new one and cant be bothered to start gamegloyny
I really don't know. I would rather have Sony work on other ways to approve the PS3 then change a ID. I think if ALOT of people complained the probably would change it, but I don't think enough people with complain.
#26 Posted by gloyny (16 posts) -
Cheers for the info, whtat do you want them to improve on the PS3 then?
#27 Posted by pnash111 (1 posts) -
can i add u peps to my frienz list
#28 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9325 posts) -

Nope, you cannot change an existing one.

#29 Posted by MushroomWig (11637 posts) -

in Xbox live you can change it for 800 MP ( and its worth it )

but sadly in PSN you can not do this BUT i noticed that the japanese users can change there ID , when you open someones profile you find his ID twice but with the japanese its the first is a nickName and can be changed and the other is like our IDs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can someone explain this yo me !!?

m-m-f
No amount of money is worth changing an online username.
#30 Posted by metee11 (2 posts) -
everyone add me "metee11"
#31 Posted by coolkid93 (6715 posts) -
I've read something that Sony could possibly bring it to PS+. But no you can't change your online ID.
#32 Posted by Gau0123 (1009 posts) -
No you can't.
#33 Posted by 19321952 (1 posts) -
on madden 13 how do u erase yr record and start all over.with a new username?