Can the ps4 even get slimmer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

Wouldn't it be cutting it dangerously close by making the ps4 slimmer? Its already so slim, and that video with the architect taking it apart leaves me to wonder if it can even get slimmer. Everything was so compactly put together, I think it would be pushing it by making a slim version.

My friends ps4 already gets pretty hot to the touch, how about you guys?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Hot and noisy, you can hear that fan working 6 ft from it, but I'm used to noisy consoles, Xbox Elite was noisy and when I turn on the trusty ole PS2 fat ...... A little bit dissapointed with the noisy fan, the PS3 slim and Xbox slim barely make any sound.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@mikehockbourns:

AMD already has a die-shrink of 20mm for consoles, making it smaller reduces heat, I wouldn't be surprised with a PS4 slim in early 2016.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Eventually Sony will release a PlayStation 4 Slimline console. This is a given. Every single Sony videogame machine has had a slim version released. The PS4 will get a Slim version at some point. The PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation portable, PlayStation Vita all have gotten a smaller slimline console version.

As for how small and light the slim version of the PlayStation 4 will be? That is currently unknown but at least 20-25% lighter by weight. And 25% by height. Once Sony can reduce the size of the CPU and GPU chips. It would be cool if Sony could eventually get the PlayStation 4 down to the size of the PS2 7000 or 9000 series.

But the PS4 slim is a long ways away. But it is coming at some point.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@Megavideogamer said:

Eventually Sony will release a PlayStation 4 Slimline console. This is a given. Every single Sony videogame machine has had a slim version released. The PS4 will get a Slim version at some point. The PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation portable, PlayStation Vita all have gotten a smaller slimline console version.

As for how small and light the slim version of the PlayStation 4 will be? That is currently unknown but at least 20-25% lighter by weight. And 25% by height. Once Sony can reduce the size of the CPU and GPU chips. It would be cool if Sony could eventually get the PlayStation 4 down to the size of the PS2 7000 or 9000 series.

But the PS4 slim is a long ways away. But it is coming at some point.

LOL your aiming at PS2 slimline?

PSOne is the best slim console.

CarGamingBlog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 CarGamingBlog
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

History has taught us that consoles shrink so why not?! :)