Can sony flag a user for trouble on gta 5?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chenzo22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 chenzo22
Member since 2004 • 372 Posts

rockstar does not seem to have a phone number anymore. if anyone is having trouble on gta online against users will sony playstation do anything? since gta is not a sony game will that have anything to do with it?

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

@chenzo22: nope,I got a friend of mine having the same thing,he instead chose to mind his own business,or better,go back to story mode

chaos__shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 chaos__shadow
Member since 2011 • 86 Posts

Sony will do nothing, but I wouldn't let one user ruin my online gaming experience and relegate me solely to offline play. If for whatever reason you can't avoid the troublemaker by switching lobbies, I'd play with a group of friends to help thwart his harassment. Join a GTA clan or try making friends on here to assist. You purchased the game, don't let someone else dictate your use of said game (unless it's Rockstar... They can dictate that kinda stuff as they please). That's my opinion of the matter.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

What kind of trouble? I mean, it can probably be avoided no matter what it is and nobody is going to do anything, unless they're hacking or something. If it's verbal abuse, mute them. If anything else, just switch lobbies or fight back. I'm really not seeing the issue here.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Awww did you get annoyed by me running you over every 5 minutes?

chaos__shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chaos__shadow
Member since 2011 • 86 Posts

@GTR12: Hahaha. I would hope something like that wouldn't be the cause.

Pleeeebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pleeeebz
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

Rockstar should flag themselves for such a debacle of online play. I'm not sure how their servers work, but good lord, I time-out 4-5 times in a 2 hour period. I just upgraded my internet to 30+ MBPS Down / 5+ MBPS Up, and am hardwired into my console. This is the only game where I experience issues with timing out, and I'm not alone.

This game could be so good if there were no connection issues. It's not like Rockstar isn't making enough money to support their online play.. I'm chalking it up to laziness. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@pleeeebz said:

Rockstar should flag themselves for such a debacle of online play. I'm not sure how their servers work, but good lord, I time-out 4-5 times in a 2 hour period. I just upgraded my internet to 30+ MBPS Down / 5+ MBPS Up, and am hardwired into my console. This is the only game where I experience issues with timing out, and I'm not alone.

This game could be so good if there were no connection issues. It's not like Rockstar isn't making enough money to support their online play.. I'm chalking it up to laziness. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

When you post stuff, make sure you got your facts right.

You have 30Mbps down and 5Mbps up, not what you said.

Also, the problem is your end, I never disconnect from GTA, the console freezing is more likely for me, test your setup and a friends to see what's different, and I also use wireless always.

TRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TRPG
Member since 2015 • 271 Posts

Yep.

Pleeeebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pleeeebz
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

@GTR12: Okay Mr Technicality the reason why I said 30+ mbps down and 5+ mbps up is because when i test my connection speeds via speedtest.net most of the time it fluctuates between 28-35 down and 4-6 up. So suck it.

As far as the connection issues. They have gotten a LOT better since Heist launch day. It does still kick me out of open lobbies and causes me more connection problems than any other game I have, but I will say it's gotten better.

Oh, and suck it double

amyh7292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By amyh7292
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

This is a big downfall of GTA online. The good sport/bad sport system sucks and I constantly get into lobbies where my car is getting blown up over and over again, I'm getting shot repeatedly when I'm unarmed and just trying to call MMI or something like that, etc. It's one thing if you're doing that for fun WITH others, but I can't stand when it's unsolicited and repeatedly done to someone who isn't engaging or reciprocating the behavior. It's fun sometimes to f*** with someone once or twice but it drives me crazy when someone continues to kill someone who isn't fighting back and trying to do their own thing. Put all these losers in one lobby together and leave me out of it. I play for missions and to make money not to sniper kill someone 5 times in a row who's trying to call in their car you just RPG'd.

Anyway, I've blocked a few people or changed lobbies. You can also "kick" people which is a wonderful way of weeding out assholes. At least one other person in the session has to kick them though. Sometimes if a friend isn't online I'll message other people in the lobby and make them kick someone. If you're talking about getting disconnected all the time though, that's a whole other issue. And in that case sorry for the rant but I wasn't sure what exactly you meant. I haven't played in about a month because online was such a shit show when Heists came out, I decided to sit out for a while and let the updates pile up because online was a mess when they first launched