Can I use a pre-paid Mastercard gift card on the PSN?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ps2gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ps2gamer15
Member since 2003 • 141 Posts

I saw a 100 dollar one at my local Shoppers drug mart.

I'm assuming I buy the card, it has 100 bucks on it, I can use it for PSN purchases?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae01ba7bea07
deactivated-5ae01ba7bea07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5ae01ba7bea07
Member since 2007 • 165 Posts
I asked this question a while back and everyone said yes so i went and bought it. You have to activate it first and register online and wait like 30 minutes then you just enter the information from the card like the card number and pin and it should work. I got a visa though and on it, it said that it works online. I would get a Visa allaccess card if i were you.
king_souljah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 king_souljah
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
i hav a prepaid mastercard, i got from one of those cash stop stores ( im from canada), and it doesnt work, it keeps saying not valid or something, so can anyone help me out, with some advice..???? plox :P:cry:
buckugly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 buckugly
Member since 2005 • 780 Posts
Go to a store that has pre-paid PSN cards and use the mastercard on that, or buy a new game. Solved!
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

i hav a prepaid mastercard, i got from one of those cash stop stores ( im from canada), and it doesnt work, it keeps saying not valid or something, so can anyone help me out, with some advice..???? plox :P:cry:king_souljah

You need to go to the card's website or the store's website and register the card.

There's two processes for using pre-paid cards:

1) Activation- The cards you buy in the store are already activated. So if you buy one from the store, you must go to the website specified in the card's packaging or on the card itself to register the card.

2) Registration- The cards you buy from an online store and have shipped to an address are already registered to the person you specified at the time of purchase. If you buy a card online, you don't need to register it, but in order to physically use it in a store, you must activate it. This happens when you give the card to the cashier.

kornpod11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kornpod11
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts

ya i used one before you have to activate it on the website that it says on the the card. But dont they have those PSN cards now that you can use

malek0007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 malek0007
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Vanilla master Card Works fine

but i bought the $25 card

only lets me put $20 on my psn store

they charge $1 per $10 transfer

i have left $2.88 for a guitar hero song hehehehe

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
I've used them extensively on Steam, never even had to go through any registration process on the cards website. Just bought it from Walgreens (drug store), waited 2 hours as per the instructions, and used it without fault. I don't see why PSN would be any different.
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

i hav a prepaid mastercard, i got from one of those cash stop stores ( im from canada), and it doesnt work, it keeps saying not valid or something, so can anyone help me out, with some advice..???? plox :P:cry:king_souljah

I have the Much Music Mastercard. It's pre-paid and it works like a charm.

shaksnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 shaksnet
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts

Hi guys, i just picked up my MasterCard today, and now i have no idea at all how to make it work on the Playstation Store. I'm trying to make it work and fund my PSN Wallet from the internet site. But it keeps saying invalid. I just picked up the card at the bank about an hour ago. Maybe i should wait? They told me just activated it when i picked it up. It took a few minutes only. I just requested my Internet PIN and apparently i'll need to wait for my Mastercard SecureCode, to be able to buy anything online?

By the way, is my card called a pre-paid one? According to the bank, i agreed to make a pledge on it to "block" a small amount of money for my MasterCard (about $70), and i'm not from the US or UK. I'm from an island in the Indian Ocean. Will it work? Or should i just give up and stop trying? My bank says it's an international credit card though. Even if it works online, i'm not sure if it'll work on PSN. Any advice?

Avatar image for GotDeadMansLuck
GotDeadMansLuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GotDeadMansLuck
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Well Looks Like You Cant Use Any At All Cause On The Site It Says It Doesn't Accept ANY Prepaid Card It Works With Steam. Ive Activated It And Registered It So Don't Bother Telling Me To Do So Go To This Link To See http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-store/purchasing/index.htm And Go To The "What Payment Methods Can I Use At The PlayStation Store" Section To See That You Have To Buy A PlayStation Card No Prepaid Cards Hope This Helps -_-
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Z-z-z-zombie!