Best way to clean a blu ray disc or game ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nooblet69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 nooblet69
Member since 2004 • 5162 Posts

Hey all, recently ran into a problem with a blu ray I rented from blockbuster. Had excessive smudges on it that resulted in it freezing halfway through the movie so I actually cleaned it using a lightly dampened tissue and it worked great after that. Anyone know a better way to clean a blu ray thats dirty ?

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
Probably follow the same cleaning directions that are given for CD's, since it's essentially the same thing. It's recommended to wipe from the center of the disc towards the outer edge with a lint free cloth in a straight line. This requires many wipes, but going in a circular motion will supposedly damage the disc.
RiversKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 RiversKid
Member since 2008 • 71 Posts
i always use windex, window cleaner, i dont really worry about how to wipe and it always works for me.
Triv1um

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Triv1um
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts
A clean dry lint free cloth.

Wipe from the middle to the outside and work your way around.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
With CD's and DVD's the surface could get scratched very easy, but with Blu-Ray the surface is so hard that there almost impossible to scratch. Most mild cleaners should remove the oil from the Blu-Ray with no problem while on CD's or DVD's you gotta be careful about what you use.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
best way i know of is with a 50%alchole and 50% water sulution "great on LCD screens" and a minrofiber cloth or a SOFT cotton cloth. best to dampen the cloth and not to spray directly on the disk