Batman Arkham Origins is $19.99 at best buy today.

#1 Posted by BH14 (1708 posts) -

Good deal for a very good game. With $24.99 purchase, you get free shipping so I just bought a $10 psn card to get free shipping.

#2 Posted by Bigboi500 (29693 posts) -

It's gonna be free on PS+ in April. lol

#3 Edited by BH14 (1708 posts) -

No it isnt. Batman Arkham City is different than Batman Arkham Origins. I already have Arkham City.

#4 Posted by SoNin360 (5450 posts) -

It's gonna be free on PS+ in April. lol

That's Arkham City. But you bring up the point that Arkham Origins will probably make its way to PS+ eventually. This is a good deal, but I'm in no huge rush to play this game, especially with all the mixed reactions. Though I'll probably want to play it before Arkham Knight anyway.

#5 Edited by Flubbbs (3064 posts) -

wait till its under 10 bucks.. game is garbage.. or better yet, just avoid it and act like it never happened and wait for Arkham Knight :)

#7 Edited by marcheegsr (2585 posts) -

At that price I was about to buy it. But then realized its on the US website not the Canada one (still 39.99). Ah well..

#8 Edited by BH14 (1708 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

wait till its under 10 bucks.. game is garbage.. or better yet, just avoid it and act like it never happened and wait for Arkham Knight :)

I doubt it is "garbage". It may not be on par as the asylum or city but it still has a pretty solid 76 metacritic score (7.8 user score)..... 4.0 Amazon review score (405 reviews).... 4.6 Best Buy review score (222 reviews). I remember when lot of people were ripping God Of War Ascension as it had 80 metacritic score. I bought it on sale and didn't have huge expectations. When I played it, I enjoyed the game a lot. Sure it wasn't on par with God of War 3 or 2 but it was still a very good game. I think Arkham Origins will meet my expectations especially since it is only $19.99.

#9 Edited by BH14 (1708 posts) -

You also get the Batman: Arkham Origins collectible steel case for free with the purchase. I am not sure what exactly that is but Best Buy adds it on for free when you add it to your cart.

#10 Posted by MethodManFTW (25664 posts) -

@BH14 said:

@Flubbbs said:

I doubt it is "garbage". It may not be on par as the asylum or city but it still has a pretty solid 76 metacritic score (7.8 user score)..... 4.0 Amazon review score (405 reviews).... 4.6 Best Buy review score (222 reviews). I remember when lot of people were ripping God Of War Ascension as it had 80 metacritic score. I bought it on sale and didn't have huge expectations. When I played it, I enjoyed the game a lot. Sure it wasn't on par with God of War 3 or 2 but it was still a very good game. I think Arkham Origins will meet my expectations especially since it is only $19.99.

I like the game quite a lot. Does some cool stuff that none of the other Arkham games have.. Technically it is not as solid as the Rocksteady games though.