bad company 1 or cod 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts
Ok, so this may seem odd but I do have some reasoning behind my question of BBC1 and Cod4. I got BBC2 a few months ago, but for a month or so it has been kicking me off every online game with 3 and a half minutes, so I sadly can't play my favorite online shooter for the ps3 anymore. For this reason I was wondering if the first game is any good online since that's what I'm looking at it for. I refuse to get COD:MW2 because the few times I've played online the players (seems like a lot of young kids) just kill what I feel like could've been a decent online experience if they weren't there. I do have COD:WAW, but it seems like people only play team deathmatch, so I was wondering if COD4 still has a decent community (by what I've read online it seems like it has a more mature and dedicated fanbase). I'm interested in seeing what other people's opinion on these two or any other game in the relative price range that offer good online.
Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts
well....BFBC1 is good as well but it only has the one mode as well....COD4 if im not mistaken is still full of hackers....reguardless if its not the community has died quite a bit.....to save u the 10-20 bucks youll spend to get COD4 or BFBC1 just look at all your connections on your PS3 and router or search it on google...BFBC2 is your favorite online shooter for a reason.....because its one of the best to come out this gen as far as MP games go...ive had those types of problems with other games as well yet ive always found a way to get it going again....whether its fiddling with things or waiting(which u have already been doing as far as i can see...) so please take my advice to consideration yet if you do not i would have to say if COD4 isnt being attacked by hackers anymore then go for it...its a great game still and just like CODWAW and MW2 probably without the lil baby kids since theyve all moved on to BO and MW2
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blueboxdoctor
[QUOTE="Eazy1891"]well....BFBC1 is good as well but it only has the one mode as well....COD4 if im not mistaken is still full of hackers....reguardless if its not the community has died quite a bit.....to save u the 10-20 bucks youll spend to get COD4 or BFBC1 just look at all your connections on your PS3 and router or search it on google...BFBC2 is your favorite online shooter for a reason.....because its one of the best to come out this gen as far as MP games go...ive had those types of problems with other games as well yet ive always found a way to get it going again....whether its fiddling with things or waiting(which u have already been doing as far as i can see...) so please take my advice to consideration yet if you do not i would have to say if COD4 isnt being attacked by hackers anymore then go for it...its a great game still and just like CODWAW and MW2 probably without the lil baby kids since theyve all moved on to BO and MW2

Apparently the 1st bad company had another mode added in a patch or something which i think is conquest, if that's the case then it's not bad since that's all i play on hardcore mode in the 2nd one. I just wasn't sure what exactly the differences were between 1 and 2. I'm not really into messing with my router since it's the only game that does it and it used to work just fine. I was thinking about that with COD4 since the COD games seem to be the 'it' games to be pretty much ruined in any way possible (though the developers aren't helping themselves by jamming a new COD down our throats every year).
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

Idk if its still full of hackers but most likely get COD4. Bad Company 1 just wasn't that great to me. The second one though was way different.

ozspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ozspark
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

There's always errr Black Ops? Maybe even wait for Battlefield 3?

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

There's always errr Black Ops? Maybe even wait for Battlefield 3?

ozspark

Why can't he get bad company 1 or cod 4? I don't see why your insistingothers to pick new games only

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
cod 4 is the better game overall.. better campaign and better mp.. the thing is though .. the cod 4 mp has been hacked so goodluck trying to get into a good game.. and the bc1 mp is probably dead.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blueboxdoctor
[QUOTE="campzor"]cod 4 is the better game overall.. better campaign and better mp.. the thing is though .. the cod 4 mp has been hacked so goodluck trying to get into a good game.. and the bc1 mp is probably dead.

well i guess the next question would be if anyone knows of any other reasonably priced online shooters that would be worth checking out
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

Idk if its still full of hackers but most likely get COD4. Bad Company 1 just wasn't that great to me. The second one though was way different.

shadow13702

yeah COD4 is full of hackers now (i just played ittoday)...it's currently the worst COD on ps3. WaW and MW2 dont have so many hackers.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blueboxdoctor

[QUOTE="shadow13702"]

oajlu

yeah COD4 is full of hackers now (i just played ittoday)...it's currently the worst COD on ps3. WaW and MW2 dont have so many hackers.

WAW is good but a lot of people don't play it, and those who do mainly only do team deathmatch. I was actually considering MW2, but the fanbase just annoys me, are the people who play it any more serious when on hardcore mode?