Backlog of games to play before next gen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Rockstar-North- (14 posts) -
Hey guys, With the PS4 set to be announced on Feb 20th, have any of you guys got a backlog of games that you want to work through before the next gen consoles? Here's mine: 2012 games: Lego Batman 2 Transfomers Fall of Cybertron Xcom: Enemy Unknown Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse MOH Warfighter NFS Most Wanted RE 6 PSN Games: Flower Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD Journey The Unfinished Swan Mass Effect Crysis The Cave Not a huge backlog but 2013 is going to be banner year for games, this is just my 2012 list. I really want to play what I've missed before the next gen consoles. I'm interested in seeing what games you guys have still got to play.
#2 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -
Resistance 3 Killzone 2 Killzone 3 InFamous 2 Mass Effect 3 Batman Arkham Asylum Batman Arkham City Final Fantasy XIII Final Fantasy XIII-2 Little Big Planet 2 SE Dishonored Bioshock 2 I have Dead Space 3 on preorder and will be getting Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and The Last Of Us in the next few months.
#3 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25560 posts) -

Not much. I'm currently going through MGS Peace Walker HD. Made a start on Dark Souls Artorias of the Abyss. I haven't played the game for 9 months and I'm on the NG++ cycle, which means the Sanctuary Guardian is making me his b!tch on every attempt. -_-

Getting Sleeping Dogs through PS+ next week; God of War: Ascension, The Last of Us, GTA V and Dark Souls II could be the last batch of games I get for the PS3.

#4 Posted by Minishdriveby (9653 posts) -

Aside from all the game sthis year...

PS3

• Folklore
  • Shadows of the Damned
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Killzone 2/3
  • Lollipop Chainsaw
  • Lego Harry Potter
  • Lego Lord of the Rings
  • MGS4
  • White Knight Chronicles (maybe)

Xbox 360

• Just Cause 2
  • Viva Pinata 2
  • Dead Rising/Dead Rising 2
  • Far Cry 3
  • Elder Scrolls V
  • Fallout 3
  • Borderlands 1/2
  • Deadly Premonitions
  • Earth Defense Force (maybe)
  • Gears of War 3
  • Lost Odyssey (maybe)
  • Condemned 2

Wii

• A Boy and His Blob
  • Red Steel 2
  • Endless Ocean 2
  • Blast Works
  • Fragile Dreams
#5 Posted by Namgis (3572 posts) -

I currently have around 35 games that I have yet to touch in my collection. I plan on sticking with this gen for the next 5-7 years depending on the quality of titles next gen. I am constantly on the hunt for older, less expensive titles. My list of most wanted games for my backlog include:

-

Heavy Rain.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom.

Lords of Shadow.

Mirror's Edge.

Prototype.

-

To name a smidgen. I expect to have a collection nearing 100 games by the time I buy a new console. PS4/5.

#6 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Two Worlds 2
  • LA Noire
  • Bayonetta
  • Binary Domain
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Red Faction Armageddon

PS+ games:  Oh jeez...all of them :P

#7 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

I plan on sticking with this gen for the next 5-7 years depending on the quality of titles next gen.

Namgis

LOL so you may be using P3 as your main console in 2020?

#8 Posted by Namgis (3572 posts) -

[QUOTE="Namgis"]

I plan on sticking with this gen for the next 5-7 years depending on the quality of titles next gen.

StrongBlackVine

There's a strong chance of that yes. I don't need the next evolution in video games whenever it bares its head. This gen has nothing but content, so much so that even with close a 100 games in my collection(in the future), I would still have played a tiny fraction of titles available. More than enough for my 3-5hrs/week hobby.

#9 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Ughhhhh, 

• PS3 - Red Dead Redemption/Undead Nightmare, GTA IV Episodes, Dark Souls, Infamous 2, MGS4, Killzone trilogy, Batman Arkham Asylum
  • PS2 - Sly 2 & 3, Final Fantasy XII, God of War II
  • PSone - Chrono Trigger, FFVI
  • PC - Sam and Max season 1-3, Knights of the Old Republic, Portal 2
#10 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

Too many to list without embarassing myself, thanks to my obsession with sticking with 1 game per platform at a time.

#11 Posted by koolyoe (138 posts) -

If ps4 has backwords compatibility and digital support for the ps3 games I have I will buy ps4 day 1. Otherwise I will wait a few for the "improvements."

For backlog I still have to play/beat:

Demon/dark souls

Red dead redemption

Ni no kuni

Most of the releases this year

Mortal kombat

Lost planet 2

Some  others I cant think of atm lol

#12 Posted by Rockstar-North- (14 posts) -

I currently have around 35 games that I have yet to touch in my collection. I plan on sticking with this gen for the next 5-7 years depending on the quality of titles next gen. I am constantly on the hunt for older, less expensive titles. My list of most wanted games for my backlog include:

-

Heavy Rain.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom.

Lords of Shadow.

Mirror's Edge.

Prototype.

-

To name a smidgen. I expect to have a collection nearing 100 games by the time I buy a new console. PS4/5.

Namgis
35 untouched games?! WOW! Seems like the rest of you guys have manageable lists.
#13 Posted by SoNin360 (5286 posts) -
Too many. I'll still be playing my PS3 well into 2014, and it will still probably be used after then especially if the PS4 isn't BC.
#14 Posted by Minishdriveby (9653 posts) -

[QUOTE="Namgis"]

StrongBlackVine

What's wrong with that? I could see myself sticking with the current generation for 3 or 4 more years. There's really no need for a PS4.
#15 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="Namgis"]

Minishdriveby

What's wrong with that? I could see myself sticking with the current generation for 3 or 4 more years. There's really no need for a PS4.

I like pretty graphics, no jaggy edges, no pop-in and no screen tearing. Plus improved AI. So there is real need for PS4 because PS3 is very outdated.

#16 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="Namgis"]

Minishdriveby

I like pretty graphics, no jaggy edges, no pop-in and no screen tearing. Plus improved AI. So there is real need for PS4 because PS3 is very outdated.

1080p 60fps needs to be the standard...

#17 Posted by Minishdriveby (9653 posts) -

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

StrongBlackVine

Buy a PC then.

#18 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
I have so many just in my library alone; not even counting all the ones I still want to buy that have already released as well as will be released soon.
#19 Posted by gamenerd15 (4434 posts) -

I have a huge backlog plus games I am looking forward to

PS3

Infamous 2

Ratchet All 4 One and Full Frontal

Bayonetta

Killzone Collection

Sly Collection

Sly 4

Ratchet Collection

Jak Collection

Dishonored

Doom 3 BFG Edition

Star Ocean 4

Twisted Metal

The Last of Us

God of War Saga

Fuse

Tales of Xillia

Puppeteer

Heavy Rain

Beyond Two Souls

DMC

Ni No Kuni

Far Cry 3

Dragon's Crown

Wii

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Zelda Skyward Sword

Mario Bros Wii

Muramasa the Demon Blade

Senoblade

Pandora's Tower

I will never play it all. 

#20 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69892 posts) -
All AC games, Ratchet and Clank, Ni No Kuni, Syndicate, Dust: An Elysian Tale, Trials: Evolution, Metal Gear Solid HD, Uncharted series, Crysis 2 and Ni No Kuni
#21 Posted by H_M_1 (1150 posts) -

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"] What's wrong with that? I could see myself sticking with the current generation for 3 or 4 more years. There's really no need for a PS4.Minishdriveby

Buy a PC then.

My thoughts exactly. When PS4 is released PC will already be ahead. So are you going to say next where's PS5. No offence dude but PC would suit you better.
#22 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
I have no intention of buying a PS4 until Christmas 2015 at the earliest, so I have plenty of time.
#24 Posted by 2Chalupas (5001 posts) -
I have an obscene number of games I either haven't opened, or barely dabbled in. Doesn't look like I will ever get to all them. Sadly so many of these games are the PS3's best gems, and I wasted too much time playing lesser games. I do think because of this backlog, that I will not be buying a PS4 right away. I will probably wait at least for the first "bundle". Child of Eden Demon's Souls Dark Souls Ni No Kuni Katamari Forever 3D Dot Game Heroes Dragon's Dogma (this one unfortunately glitched on me, don't think I will start over) Sly Cooper HD Trilogy Ratchet HD Trilogy Jak and Daxter HD Trilogy Devil May CRY HD Collection (just beat DMC1, but I want to beat all 3) Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Hitman HD Collection Ar Tonelico Qoga Resonance of Fate Star Ocean: The Last Hope International Final Fantasy XIII Final Fantasy XIII-2 Infamous Infamous 2 Little Big Planet 2 Little Big Planet Karting Saw 2 Yakuza 3 Yakuza 4 Yakuza: Dead Souls Mafia II (360) Bully (360) Birds of Steel (360) Dust: An Elysian Tale (360/XBLA) 'Splosion Man (360/XBLA) Trials HD (360/XBLA) This list doesn't even include all the great games I've SKIPPED this gen that I wanted to get, but decided to just say "f-it" and play it on PC whenver I get to them. That includes Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Deus Ex, Far Cry 3, XCOM, etc. I'm basically boycotting those games on consoles. Right now I'm playing Skyrim on 360 (just because it came bundled with my 360). Honestly this game is a HUGE time sink. I probably could have played about 10-15 games off that list in the time I'm wasting playing Skyrim LOL.
#25 Posted by VirtualAntics (553 posts) -

Deadspace series.

Bioshock series.

Fallout 3.

Crysis 2.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Heavenly Sword.

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days.

Lost Planet 2.

Mortal Kombat,

Yakuza 3.

Sleeping Dogs.

Assassin's Creed 2 and onwards.

Tomb Raider.

Aliens: Colonial Marines.

#26 Posted by hiryu3 (7304 posts) -
I got way too many to mention but I will try: PS3 Disc games ICO Collection Time Crisis Razing Storm Medal of Honor Frontlines The Shoot Fallout 3 DLC Red Faction Guerrilla DLC MW3 Mirror's Edge ModNation Red Alert 3 MotorStorm Pacific Rift LBP LBP2 FarCry 2 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 BlazBlue Calamity Trigger FEAR 2 Assassin's Creed 3 MGS HD Collection 3D Dot Game Heroes RockSmith Dark Souls Crysis 2 007 Blood Stone Battlefield 3 DCUO Star Ocean the last hope Child of Eden FEAR 3 Dead Island Killzone 3 Multiplayer Lollipop Chainsaw Batmman Arkham City Golden Eye Reloaded Silent Hill Collection Killzone 2 Sports Champions Dishonored PSN/Download Games The Unfinished Swan Sports Champions 2 Medieval Moves House of the Dead 3/4 Borderlands Hydrophobia Stacking Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Ratchet & Clank all for one Playstation All Stars Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD Doom 3 Jet Set Radio Trine PS Vita Wipeout 2048 Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus Gravity Rush Playstation All Stars Jet Set Radio Uncharted GOlden Abyss Rayman Origins Super Stardust Delta Motorstorm RC Escape Plan
#27 Posted by Videodogg (12551 posts) -
[QUOTE="hiryu3"]I got way too many to mention but I will try: PS3 Disc games ICO Collection Time Crisis Razing Storm Medal of Honor Frontlines The Shoot Fallout 3 DLC Red Faction Guerrilla DLC MW3 Mirror's Edge ModNation Red Alert 3 MotorStorm Pacific Rift LBP LBP2 FarCry 2 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 BlazBlue Calamity Trigger FEAR 2 Assassin's Creed 3 MGS HD Collection 3D Dot Game Heroes RockSmith Dark Souls Crysis 2 007 Blood Stone Battlefield 3 DCUO Star Ocean the last hope Child of Eden FEAR 3 Dead Island Killzone 3 Multiplayer Lollipop Chainsaw Batmman Arkham City Golden Eye Reloaded Silent Hill Collection Killzone 2 Sports Champions Dishonored PSN/Download Games The Unfinished Swan Sports Champions 2 Medieval Moves House of the Dead 3/4 Borderlands Hydrophobia Stacking Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Ratchet & Clank all for one Playstation All Stars Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD Doom 3 Jet Set Radio Trine PS Vita Wipeout 2048 Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus Gravity Rush Playstation All Stars Jet Set Radio Uncharted GOlden Abyss Rayman Origins Super Stardust Delta Motorstorm RC Escape Plan

LOL, yes, my list is a lot like this one. I always end up with a lot of games that barely get touched before the next gen comes around. I end up selling most of them at the launch of the new system. Just the way it goes. Its huge waste of money and i hope to keep it under control next gen, but something tells me i am doomed to repeat my history.
#28 Posted by CTR360 (6959 posts) -
for ps3 sly 4 sly collection tales of xillia last of us beyond two souls GTA V gow ascencion dmc dead space 3 crysis3 tomb raider ni no kuni castlevania 2 yakuza 5 final 13 lighting return MGS gz NBA2K14
#29 Posted by sukraj (21927 posts) -

the only games i'm playing is far cry 3, doom 3 bfg edition and very soon i'll be playing tomb raider and metro last night.

#30 Posted by ReviewerDrake (766 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 

Mass Effect 3

Ratchet & Clank Collection

That's about it currently playing Mass Effect 1.

#31 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

I cant even make a list as theres to many to even think of them off the top of my head but thats what i get for not jumping into this current gen until late 2010.

#32 Posted by takspeed (219 posts) -

Ouch I sure have a lot of titles that I havent finished/touched yet so here they are

Batman

Sleeping dogs

Shadows of the dammed

Shadows of thecolossus

Lolipop chainsaw

Dragon age II

Darksiders series

God of war series

The walking dead

Currently playing

Doom3

Borderlands 2

Red dead redemption

#33 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

I have a few that I want to play, but not really a backlog.

#34 Posted by yokofox33 (29277 posts) -

Tales of Graces F
Lego Harry Potter 5-7
Batman Arkham City
Assassin's Creed 3
Catherine

That's about it for what I need to finish on the PS3.

#35 Posted by lild1425 (6757 posts) -

My backlog is absurd. It's perfect really because I like to wait until the next gen consoles hit a price drop and come out with better hardware.