id_mew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 id_mew
Member since 2007 • 608 Posts

I ordered a 65 inch 4k TV and im planing to connect my PS4 but im worried because the ps4 can only output 1080p and by upscaling the image to 4K the image might be not as good and also the input lag might be bad.

Anybony here games on a 4K TV? how's the image quality and input lag?

Here's the TV that I got:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=1182&item_id=076672

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

From what I've read, most 4k sets have pretty bad input lag and aren't ideal for console games (or any sort of games). The image quality is also worse than if you bought a native 1080P set.

Also, last time I checked standards on 4k content haven't quite been set yet so there's a chance that most 4k TVs out won't work with 4k content once the standards for that content has been set. AFAIK there isn't really a single good reason to get anything 4k - it's just a marketing gimmick.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

I see why you bought it, that price is great. But theres not much 4k content out, so you'll end up using 1080p on it 95% of the time. A gaming pc can support 4k content though. Try it out, maybe the ps4 will work nicely with it, I never tried.

id_mew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 id_mew

@mikehockbourns: the price was actually 1699 for in store purchase. It was very hard to pass this deal and I thought ill futureproof by getting a 4k tv. So many choices out their regarding tvs, its overwhelming.

id_mew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By id_mew

@KHAndAnime: there is game mode on this tv, hopefully it can improve input lag. I might take my PS4 to the store and see how it looks.

junior_esco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By junior_esco
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hey, I just got a Sony Bravia X850B most content like YouTube videos and pre 2013 tv shows won't look perfect. That's not to say that the quality still isn't great, it's just when you watch HD movies on Netflix or the new 4K section through Netflix on the ps4. The quality of HD movies and new tv shows is amazing, the video game play is ridiculously clear I don't know why people have such negative views on 4k probable (caugh) "cuz they can't afford one". Just the 8 nucleus on the TV processor is enough to increase the performance and visuals and feel of the game, especially the 4k in the Sony Bravia TV's are all 3D compatable and have 3D simulation mode (meaning your game does not have to be 3D) I been playing GTA 5 PS4 on this mode and it's crazy. I love it looks better than my samsung 1080p Plasma. Only con the $3,000 price tag. The prices have gone down since though. Good luck with your purchase and enjoy!

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts
@id_mew said:

@KHAndAnime: there is game mode on this tv, hopefully it can improve input lag. I might take my PS4 to the store and see how it looks.

You know that "game mode" is a gimmick right?

id_mew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 id_mew

@GTR12: lots of reviews said when they turned off game mode, they noticed lots of input lag but went away when they put It back on.

id_mew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 id_mew

@junior_esco: thanks for sharing your experience with your 4k tv. For me, I've been using a 37 inch 720p tv for the past 5 years, got it when 1080p wasn't that mainstream. So for me this 4k TV will be a huge improvement over my old one so I'm very excited.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@id_mew said:

@GTR12: lots of reviews said when they turned off game mode, they noticed lots of input lag but went away when they put It back on.

Link to the reviewers?

Also with every single TV you buy, they just increase the brightness/contrast to maximum to make the visuals "pop", they look like garbage anyway. When you get your TV, buy a BD calibration as a minimum or your wasting your TV's potential.

You could spend $500 or so for a professional calibrator who has access to the service menu and can calibrate for every device and TV/monitor you have.