Any FF7 players? I need a little help...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 1076751
Member since 2008 • 328 Posts

I am playing this game on the PSP for the first time and I have a few questions....

1. There's many characters to choose from but can I only stick with my favorite 3 and level them only? Or do I have to keep all of them leveled?

2. How do I level up materia? All of them seem to have only one star.

3. Any other hints or tips I should know? (I am still on disc one)

Thanks in advance

ff-leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 ff-leader
Member since 2006 • 2400 Posts

I am playing this game on the PSP for the first time and I have a few questions....

1. There's many characters to choose from but can I only stick with my favorite 3 and level them only? Or do I have to keep all of them leveled?

Thanks in advance

1.Yes you can just use your favourite ones, you don't need to level them all up. They do level up even when you don't use them, but not as fast.

2.You level up materia by having it equiped

3.On disc 2 there is a sidequest in wutai, with Yuffie that can only be done on that disc.

megatonB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 megatonB
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

Thanks in advance

1. Yeah you can stick with your favorite 3 but I had some problems when the time came for me to change my party leader to one you are not using much(you'll see soon enough) 2. Level materia by equipping them. How fast your materia grow depends on your current equipment. Sometimes there are equips with "triple" materia growth in which it'll level up thrice as fast! Neat huh. 3. Vincent Valentine can be recruited as soon as you arrive in Nibelheim. Yuffie can be recruited from forests. And one helpful tip: as soon as you get those HP+ materias or any other status+ materia, LEVEL THEM UP! They're really useful. well thats it! hope that helped :D.
calebcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 calebcop
Member since 2009 • 889 Posts

Can't help you. I keep trying to get the PSN account name from my bro so I can download it, though.

mike_on_mic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 mike_on_mic
Member since 2004 • 886 Posts
[QUOTE="1076751"]

Thanks in advance

1. Each character when other level up also give some of the experience over, they aren't left behind too far, but they will be a decent level behind your other characters. 2. There is also a nice EXP+ materia which give you increased EXP and AP (AP is used to level your materia. Equip it with a Triple Growth Weapon (Cloud, Cid have one, the others have doubles) the triple growth ones don't have linked slots be careful when using them. Also with that triple growth weapon and the EXP plus materia, your materia growth will be out of site. 3. Read up on Breeding Chocobos, it can take a while to do it, but the rewards are some fatastic materia. There are various caves that you can only get to using these special Chocobos. Information about Chocobo breeding can be extracted (painfully) from the Chocobo Sage which you can only see once you get the Highwind. TO get this information you go to the Sage, ask him if he knows anything (I am not sure exactly what it says), then head back to the Chocobo ranch. It is a lot of toing and froing between then to get all the info you need. But suffice to say you can spoil the fun and read it on the web, or you can experience it and visit the Sage, when you do (you will see one of the special Chocobos I am talking about) But make sure you have plenty of cash before you do start, about 1mil gil min should be enough I am sure you could, but when I did it, I needed about 1.6mil gil. But the rewards are worth it. I hope this helps.
KzJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 KzJoe
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

Thanks in advance

1. stick with your three best characters and then just grind if you get stuck.

2. Materia is leveled up by equipping it in the materia slots in your materia screen and then grinding to get AP

3. Unfortunetly it ends.

LDSCM84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LDSCM84
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts
Build characters (aside from Cloud obviously) that you know you will use a lot. Or use characters that have the strongest limit breaks; Yuffie, Vincent have some of the strongest. Materia can is like a double-edged sword. Don't overload characters with Materia, you have to keep in mind that it alters their stats; physical attacks can be lower, magic attacks higher, vitality, and so forth. The best way to beat that is to obtain Enemy Skill Materia and get all the Enemy Skills from enemies you can get them from. The best ones are Big Guard (casts haste, barrier and magic barrier all 3 characters), White Wind (restores health with the same number of your HP) and Pandora's Box (you'll get that in Disc 3). To help with Materia growth, equip weapons that help. Cloud and Cid both weapons that multiply AP by 3 (Apocalypse and Scimitar which can be obtained in Disc 2). More tips? There's a ton of mini-games and side quests that can get you weapons, armour, materia. Chocobo Breeding/Racing can get you the strongest Materia in the game (Knights of the Round, Mime, etc.) in Disc 2, the Ancient Forest (armour, weapons, materia), Wutai (need Yuffie for this quest), and the Gold Saucer. Some of the side quests can also get you Level 4 limit breaks. Since you can earn them, you have to find them. Hope this helps out some.
Melchezdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Melchezdek
Member since 2005 • 306 Posts

1. You can just stick to your favorite 3 characters but whats the fun in that? I leveled all my characters and rotate them and by the time I reached the end of the game they were all around level 63 excluding Cloud with him being level 65.

2. Yea just simply equip the materia to level them up and another strong tip is as soon as you find the DEATH BLOW Materia equip that baby on Cloud right away and level that bad boy up, it will get you through a lot of boss battles with ease.

3. If you want to level up fast I discovered by the time you reach the second disc you will make it to this village cant recall the name at the moment but its the place that over flood with the life stream well once you get there just fight monsters in that area of the map and you will level up extremely fast including your materia. The moment you encounter the "WEAPON" that attacks a certain place (Not trying to spoil) find him on the world map right away to get Cloud's Ultimate Weapon in the middle of the second disc instead of getting it on the 3rd disk.