AC3 Was a dissapointment who else agrees

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hardyz200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hardyz200
Member since 2010 • 543 Posts

who else agrees

CrocodileNuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CrocodileNuts
Member since 2009 • 189 Posts
I agree.
cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1841 Posts

yea i agree but only because AC2 was so great. Kind of hard to outdo yourself in one of the best games of this gen.

Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts
I was very impressed at first, but after you become adult Conner that's where the game slowly went downhill for me, though he did wear my favorite assassin outfit and I think the frontier was the best part of the game. They also made the city (I don't say 'cities' because the two felt pretty much the same) have a good feel to it on foot, it just got pretty dull after a while.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#5 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

No, and who cares?

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

I agree. Probably my most anticipated title of this year and it was just disappointing. The combat is great, so are the naval battles, graphics, etc. But Connor is a very weak protagonist. He's not as charming nor interesting as Altair or Ezio, which is surprising considering his background: [spoiler] Connor's father is a Templar colonist and his mother was Native American, plus he was raised as an assassin; how do you make THAT boring?! [/spoiler]

I really wish the game starred Haytham. Much more interesting, charming, enjoyable character. He has a certain style and confidence that I loved that Connor just lacks. Connor just comes off sounding like a whinny adolescent most of the time.

The mission design is pretty disappointing too. I expected really epic battles judging by the trailers and the new engine sporting "thousands of NPCs on screen"but nope. You usually have scripted events or else you're desynchronized. Even the stealth seems lacking. It's even more linear than the previous games. You're pulled along on a string to play how the developers want you to without much room for experimenting how to complete a mission (thank God for Hitman: Absolution and Dishonored coming out this Fall; I almost forget what stealth games were like).

Still, it has plenty of good factors. I'd say a 7/10. Very disappointing due to the hype but overall not bad. Still good-alright.

Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts

I agree. Probably my most anticipated title of this year and it was just disappointing. The combat is great, so are the naval battles, graphics, etc. But Connor is a very weak protagonist. He's not as charming nor interesting as Altair or Ezio, which is surprising considering his background: [spoiler] Connor's father is a Templar colonist and his mother was Native American, plus he was raised as an assassin; how do you make THAT boring?! [/spoiler]

I really wish the game starred Haytham. Much more interesting, charming, enjoyable character. He has a certain style and confidence that I loved that Connor just lacks. Connor just comes off sounding like a whinny adolescent most of the time.

The mission design is pretty disappointing too. I expected really epic battles judging by the trailers and the new engine sporting "thousands of NPCs on screen"but nope. You usually have scripted events or else you're desynchronized. Even the stealth seems lacking. It's even more linear than the previous games. You're pulled along on a string to play how the developers want you to without much room for experimenting how to complete a mission (thank God for Hitman: Absolution and Dishonored coming out this Fall; I almost forget what stealth games were like).

Still, it has plenty of good factors. I'd say a 7/10. Very disappointing due to the hype but overall not bad. Still good-alright.

DrRockso87

Yup.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

yea i agree but only because AC2 was so great. Kind of hard to outdo yourself in one of the best games of this gen.

cdragon_88

Opinion seconded. Nothing could touch AC2.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

[QUOTE="cdragon_88"]

lild1425

Opinion seconded. Nothing could touch AC2.

Thirded!
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

I thought the game was good or am i alone ?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I enjoyed AC3 a lot more than the other AC games, yeah the ending was iffy but last time I checked every AC game had a meh ending....specially AC1....oh god that ending...

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I liked it personally, probably my favorite AC game or tied with II.
Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

the game was good, but nothing amazing...and my god the chase scenes were probably the worst things Ive ever played in a videogame

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#14 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I wasn't all that impressed by it.

The counter kills were really repetitive, and the A.I. would literally wait until you grabbed another enemy as a shield to fire at you. The map sucked. I don't understand why the guards didn't hunt you all the time. I mean Connor kinda stuck out in towns and what not. Sure you bribed people and took down the wanted posters, but I think that part of the game is seriously flawed. I don't know why Connor used a rapier sword as he would a cutlas or a normal sword. Or don't understand why the daggers had the same counter kills as the tomahawk. Fast travel made you ask why they made it like they did. I mean, lets have the game load when you select a destination, then make you walk 4 steps, then cut you back off to load some more, then you are at the fast travel destination.

But that's not to say it's a horrible game. It's good but not great.

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Sadly I agree. I was expecting so much more, and Connor is a wanker. Not even close to Altair or Ezio. Very poor character.

Mo-licious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mo-licious
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts
It was ok, it had it's moments. ... gotta join the choir tho, AC2 was better.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

DrRockso87

i couldnt agree more. this is exactly what i thought. i seriously don't understand what they were thinking with the main character in this one when in the previous games they had such a strong protaganist. i too thought that the game should've starred haytham, he reminded me of Ezio. he was way more intriguing, thats the kind of main character this game needed to make it great.

i had a feeling it would be kind of dissapointing as soon as i heard that they were doing a native character and the setting was america. so i didn't get my hopes up too much. but a good game nonetheless, i enjoyed it and i bought it anyways to complete my AC collection.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
I haven't beaten it yet, but can someone please answer me with a simple yes or no answer: Do they at all explain how it is they came about a Native American heritage for the main character? We go from the Crusades, to Renaissance Italy to...Native American :| The logic is lost on me.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

I haven't beaten it yet, but can someone please answer me with a simple yes or no answer: Do they at all explain how it is they came about a Native American heritage for the main character? We go from the Crusades, to Renaissance Italy to...Native American :| The logic is lost on me.Kravyn81

yeah they show you the story of how hes born and you get to play him as a kid and stuff. worst main character in gaming in a while.

b1ohazardzon3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 b1ohazardzon3
Member since 2010 • 82 Posts

I agree

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I really wish the series would actually make using stealth beneficial (and fun). Except for missions where I was forced to eavesdrop on people and trail them, never once did I use stealth or feel I needed to. The game's combat is so easy it's just much more effective to mad dash into groups of enemies and take them all on at once then trying to stealthily take them out one by one.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#22 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

AC3 was a huge letdown to me. Honestly, I wish I had let my lady buy it with her money rather than rushing to get it.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
Yeah AC III was easily my most anticipated game this fall but it just did not live up to the expectations I had. Connor was a dull character, especially in comparison to Ezio. Haytham was a MUCH more interesting character than Connor and I would have loved to see a bit more of him. It took far too long for Connor's story to even get going too. The Naval missions were cool at first, but quickly grew tiring in my opinion. Don't even get me started on the ending either. Don't get me wrong, AC III was still a very good game. There were a lot of things I enjoyed about it, but there were a lot of things that let me down about the game. The game just did not match the same. flair, excitement and sense of wonder as AC II and Brotherhood. Those are still the benchmarks for what Assassin's Creed should be in opinion.
jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jnjreams76
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts

the game was good, but nothing amazing...and my god the chase scenes were probably the worst things Ive ever played in a videogame

Apocalypse324
Lol, I agree! I grew bored and frustrated with the tail suspect>mobile eavedrop>chase sequences.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#25 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I won't say it was dissapointing just not the best AC game. Number 2 had great gameplay and an intriguing story number 3 for me took a bit to much time to get going.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

cdragon_88

AC 2 was amazing one of the best game i played. i finished that game many time.

brotherhood was great, but revelation and 3 were mediocre imo.

AC1 was pure crap i dont know why i hated it.